(Topic ID: 260299)

Which of these bands would make a good pinball theme?

By o-din

12 months ago

Topic Stats

• 128 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by Redfive05
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which band pin would you have to have?”

• April Wine 2 votes
      1%
    • REO Speedwagon 4 votes
      1%
    • Styx 24 votes
      8%
    • Def Leppard 36 votes
      11%
    • Suicidal Tendencies 25 votes
      8%
    • None of the above 223 votes
      71%
    • All of the above 1 vote

(315 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 18 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

index.png
    giphy.gif
    CF52B5A6-23D5-462C-8F7D-B9BA01A132D5 (resized).jpeg
    3n48yv (resized).jpg
    il_570xN.1975698856_tthv (resized).jpg
    06b5a224f80a42b6cfad3d7a3826d217 (resized).jpg
    BOC (resized).jpg
    14A3F3A6-3E14-4C57-BF6A-95A65A50F1A3 (resized).jpeg
    20200122_213050 (resized).jpg
    20200122_213027 (resized).jpg
    20200122_212118 (resized).jpg
    20200122_212258 (resized).jpg
    20200122_212317 (resized).jpg
    7E1AE0F3-EC97-4B7E-ADC1-E6600277F1BB (resized).png
    download (1) (resized).jpg
    Ozzy-Osbourne-Sharon-Osbourne-pictures-cane-2241385 (resized).jpg

There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 12 months ago

Getting in peoples cars day after day gives me a good idea what people are listening to now. A large percent listen to one of the two alternative rock stations including the one I listen too. Another group likes their hip hop. Very few have classic rock on anymore. Occasionally I get an older person with the classic big band sound. But most are doing the alt rock thing. Even one dude that must have been almost 80.

#102 12 months ago

I want to simultaneously downvote you and upvote you (in that order), but it won't let me do that.

#103 12 months ago
    Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

I'm always going to vote for Rush. They were into industrial steam punk before it was cool. I picture an R40 pin where you start with minimal features, chimes, mechanical scoring and dead bumpers. As you progress through the game, bumpers come to life, more of the play field lights up, sounds become 8-bit versions of Rush songs and scoring goes to S/S electronic style. If you really wind it up, the DMD/CRT comes to life, the base drum bash toy rises out of the play field and an upper level opens up. And the stereo kicks in. Loud. Imagine that, gentlemen and ladies. A time machine based pin that gets more modern with good play. Thats my dream. "GeFilter multi-ball!!!!"

Game should start on a lower playfield (like AC/DC does when you pick hell). That's mom's basement. You have to get out of mom's basement to play the rest of the game.

#104 12 months ago

I also spend a lot of time talking to people about music and other things. A couple years ago a kid came in wearing a shirt with the old Archie comics on it.

I asked him what's up with that? He said there was new show called Riverdale that was all the rage. So I've watched it a few times since then. Nice take on it.

Very hip, but doubt we will be seeing a Riverdale pinball machine anytime soon. But I would have taken that over Stranger Things all day long.

#105 12 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Very hip, but doubt we will be seeing a Riverdale pinball machine anytime soon....

Well Riverdale has a pinball machine in their student...hang out...room? I don't quite know what the rules of that school are but they don't go to class much!

#106 12 months ago
    3n48yv (resized).jpg
    #107 12 months ago

Korn New album is good, their classic stuff is great.
    Slipknot New album is great!
    Marilyn Manson
    If going old school 80s Zztop,

#108 12 months ago

I can't stand pins with band themes. In fact, I can't stand just about any new pin of the last five-ten years. I understand the advances in technology and I know why rule sets are going where they are going and I get all of it, but I just don't like them. I'm not trying to make anyone angry or be argumentative. I just can't stand endless modes and constant multiballs. Wash, rinse, repeat. No, I am not some EM junkie who dislikes modern pinball.

That being said, a band that I never see mentioned in these kinds of discussions is Yes. If you think about the insane visuals that are a part of the band's album art and stage shows down the years, they could make for a great looking pin. A lot of the album and song titles would also lend themselves well to today's mode-based gameplay.

Not my favorite band or anything. Just kind of thinking outside the box.

#109 12 months ago
    Quoted from SilverBallKid:

I can't stand pins with band themes. In fact, I can't stand just about any new pin of the last five-ten years. I understand the advances in technology and I know why rule sets are going where they are going and I get all of it, but I just don't like them. I'm not trying to make anyone angry or be argumentative.

You had me at "I can't stand"

#110 12 months ago

Jack White has SO many great songs that could be incorporated into a pin that would be fun to rock out to while playing. But the White Stripes themed colors of red, white and black would look kick ass on a machine. You could probably make a pinball machine from three different stages of Jacks career, each one with their own music and colors.
    1) White Stripes
    2) Raconteurs (+Dead Weather?)
    3) Jack’s solo career

CF52B5A6-23D5-462C-8F7D-B9BA01A132D5 (resized).jpeg
    #111 12 months ago

I like a lot of the bands mentioned in this thread but know realistically they don't make sense. Trying to think of some bands they could make that would actually sell in today's environment. Thinking not just of the music but what you could do with the theme. And some of these have been made but I think a modern version would do well. Here's what I came up with.

Led Zeppelin
    Jimi Hendrix
    The Who
    Guns n Roses
    Grateful Dead

Think it'd be tough to pull off any band from the 90's (my generation) due to the people who grew up in it weren't going to arcades much. I got into pinball but don't know many my age who played as a kid.

Now I'm not a big fan of country, but I do wonder if you could pull off a table with someone like Garth Brooks. Imagine he has a massive following still.

#112 12 months ago

How about Taylor Swift cuz she’s like woke dude. Lol

#113 12 months ago
    Quoted from sturner:

Trying to think of some bands they could make that would actually sell in today's environment.

Depends on who or what in today's environment you are trying to sell them to.

Pinball seems to be doing a fair job selling regurgitated has beens and other garbage from the past lately. Gotta wonder how long that can last.

#114 12 months ago

I wonder what The Ramones would think of a Ramones pin.......................

#115 12 months ago

The Tribunal has decided the planets are properly aligned for a Dethklok pin. Brendon Small has done pinball music, Adult Swim just sold out a partner IP in 10 minutes. Thunderhorse multiball anyone?

#116 12 months ago

The music pins as of late cater to the middle aged types that can afford to drop the coin on a machine.

The choices are getting very tiresome - it’s like turning to a classic rock station on the radio.... good for about 2 songs but that goes for any music based pin for me.

It’s like playing the same album/tape/disc over and over and over and..... no thanks.

#117 12 months ago
    Quoted from sturner:

I like a lot of the bands mentioned in this thread but know realistically they don't make sense. Trying to think of some bands they could make that would actually sell in today's environment. Thinking not just of the music but what you could do with the theme. And some of these have been made but I think a modern version would do well. Here's what I came up with.
    Led Zeppelin
    Jimi Hendrix
    The Who
    Guns n Roses
    Grateful Dead
    Think it'd be tough to pull off any band from the 90's (my generation) due to the people who grew up in it weren't going to arcades much. I got into pinball but don't know many my age who played as a kid.
    Now I'm not a big fan of country, but I do wonder if you could pull off a table with someone like Garth Brooks. Imagine he has a massive following still.

Led Zep will hopefully be great(?), as will GnR.

Hendrix would be a blast and you could go crazy with the psychedelic artwork that would suit pinball. The music, too, could be good for pinball. Purple Haze. Manic Depression. Foxy Lady. Fire. The Wind Cries Mary. Little Wing. Voodoo Chile. All Along the Watchtower. Red House. Stone Free.

That said, it will never get made...

#118 11 months ago
    Quoted from hepgeek:

The Tribunal has decided the planets are properly aligned for a Dethklok pin. Brendon Small has done pinball music, Adult Swim just sold out a partner IP in 10 minutes. Thunderhorse multiball anyone?

I'll drink to that.

giphy.gif
    1 week later
    #119 11 months ago

Grateful Dead
    Led Zeppelin
    Phish
    Clapton

#120 11 months ago
    Quoted from cowright:

The White Stripes themed colors of red, white and black would look kick ass on a machine.

Having a machine that was only black, white, and red would be stunning. I'd love to see that.

#121 11 months ago
    Quoted from BHMBill:

Grateful Dead
    Led Zeppelin
    Phish
    Clapton

I would buy a Grateful Dead or Widespread Panic Machine instantly. Or a "Jamband" machine that had a bunch of different bands in it with variable preset songs per band.

I think White Stripes would also be a fun machine that would look fantastic.

#122 11 months ago

Megadeth
    Slayer
    Black Sabbath
    Judas Priest

Only metal is fitting for pinball!

#123 11 months ago

"Come on, baby, light my special..."

index.png
    #124 11 months ago

I agree on Sabbath. Would also like to see a retro Stones from the 1969-1974 era with Mick Taylor in the band

#125 11 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'll drink to that.[quoted image]

I second dethklok

#126 11 months ago
    Quoted from bwill:

Having a machine that was only black, white, and red would be stunning. I'd love to see that.

My high school colors. Always liked that combo.

#127 11 months ago
    Quoted from Digduglus:

I second dethklok

You actually thirded it.

#128 11 months ago

Deadmau5

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 259.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 16.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 259.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 11,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 38.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 12.95
    $ 199.99
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    FlyLand Designs
    $ 15.00
    $ 3.00
    Cabinet Parts
    BK Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 799.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 27.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside