(Topic ID: 265398)

Which of The Top Twenty are not in Your Top 20?

By Billy16

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which of The Top Twenty are not in Your Top 20?”

• That top 20 is exactly how I'd rate them, Pinsiders are right on the money! 0 votes
    • What were these guys smokin'? 1 vote
      5%
    • Maybe 10 of these pins belong in the top 20. 15 votes
      79%
    • I can't find 5 I'd leave in the top 20. 1 vote
      5%
    • I guess if you pop the coin for an LE or CE you put it in the top five... 0 votes
    • I'll sure be glad when the bars open again! 2 votes
      11%

(19 votes)

#1 4 years ago

I'm on lockdown and bored. It flashed thru my mind to start the 151st R&M topic, but I'd have to waterboard myself if I saw another one, so I came up with this mindless diversion instead. Here is (more or less, depending on if I copied this right) the current top 20, as rated by you (OK...us) Pinsiders. I see several games that are not even in my personal top 50 (or 100?), I'll bet you have a few pins you'd knock out as well. I'm tossing both J-pops and DI--and probably (well, most definitely) a couple of others...

1. Pirates of the Caribbean (JJP)
    2. Medieval Madness
    3. Attack from Mars
    4. Monster Bash
    5. Jurassic Park
    6. Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast
    7. Twilight Zone
    8. Lord of the Rings
    9. Metallica
    10. Deadpool
    11. Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure
    12. AC/DC
    13. Elvira's House of Horrors
    14. The Addams Family
    15. Star Trek
    16. Tales of the Arabian Nights
    17. Star Trek: The Next Generation
    18. Dialed In
    19. Spider-Man
    20. Theatre of Magic

#2 4 years ago

It would be easier to say which is in my top 20:
    AFM
    MM
    TZ
    STNG

With a maybe to:
    AC/DC
    JP
    IJ
    ST
    TAF

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

I'm tossing both J-pops...

Have to agree with you there.

Although, I'd eject AC/DC as well. Just don't see what the love for that game is.

I mean, it's a nice shooter and all, but I can think of 3 games in my own collection (GOT, X-Men, and Stern SW) that I'd rather have waaaayyyyy over Angus and the boys.

Later,
    EV

#4 4 years ago

2. Medieval Madness
    3. Attack from Mars
    4. Monster Bash
    6. Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast
    7. Twilight Zone
    8. Lord of the Rings
    9. Metallica
    10. Deadpool
    11. Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure
    12. AC/DC
    14. The Addams Family
    15. Star Trek
    18. Dialed In
    19. Spider-Man
    20. Theatre of Magic

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

It would be easier to say which is in my top 20

Same here. Personal top 20? Haven't thought a ton about it but Stern Star Trek is probably the only one that makes the list.

#6 4 years ago

TOM and TOTAN definitely out! I can see the arguments on all the others

#7 4 years ago

All but 3. LOTR, Maiden and JP2

#8 4 years ago

I'll go right to the top for the OP's question. For me the answer is JJPPOTC. Sure, it's got toys galore. It's got razzle. It's got dazzle. But, like all of JJP's offerings except DI, it plays like Atari Hercules... slow, clunky, and boring with zero satisfying shots.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

I'll go right to the top for the OP's question. For me the answer is JJPPOTC. Sure, it's got toys galore. It's got razzle. It's got dazzle. But, like all of JJP's offerings except DI, it plays like Atari Hercules... slow, clunky, and boring with zero satisfying shots.

Yikes--quite the review! I have not been able to find one to play to see for myself if this is the first JJP I like. But I have wrestled with Hercules---it definitely plays as you report...

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

If a rocking canon shot into the side of another ship isn't fun, this may not be your hobby. Canon shot and actually making the extra ball shot are two of the most satisfying shots to me. That extra ball shot feels f'ing amazing when you pull it off.
    I also get excited just loading the canon. That shot is very tricky also.
    Loading balls in the trunk...also fun.
    It's also very very far from slow and one of the smoothest shooters I've played. That upper loop?....butter.

I can get it if someone says the mode coding about collecting characters isn't the best, but I don't get your reasoning...at all. Makes me wonder if you have ever played it.

#11 4 years ago

15 of those are not in my collection with good reason.

John

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

If a rocking canon shot into the side of another ship isn't fun, this may not be your hobby.

What?
    I can't stand upper PF's of any kind. Just doesn't appeal to me. POTC is a fine game but I played and got to shoot the canon, nothing special there for me anyway. I mean its fun yeah but don't say "it may not be ur hobby" believe me there are pins and shots we all love that others find boring as shit.

#13 4 years ago

I would remove many from that list. I like games for quality and variety of code. I am never influenced by longing. so I would remove many from the list

#14 4 years ago

I'd remove 5 to 7 machines out of the top 20. A lot of the pins on there are based upon ownership bias, past preferences, sentimental reasons and who know how many other reasons. There are a lot of machines that are not in the top 20 that are a lot more fun to play and own...GOT comes to mind.

#15 4 years ago

tell you the truth Ive played pirates a fair amount and im not in love with the gameplay(though Ill admit its packed and looks awesome). Id also move STTNG, dialed IN, Thetre of magic lower. I do think walking dead and maybe tron should be in top 20.

#16 4 years ago

9 of those would be in my top 20, with a maybe to 5 more, jjppotc no 1? No way

Sttng no 17? That's bs , deserves top 10

#17 4 years ago

This whole list is bs if NGG isn't in the top 5.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

This whole list is bs if NGG isn't in the top 5.

That's a stretch there. I know a lot of people like the game and its personal preference, I never enjoyed it.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from dc2010:

9 of those would be in my top 20, with a maybe to 5 more, jjppotc no 1? No way
    Sttng no 17? That's bs , deserves top 10

And STTNG is ranked below Stern's second rate rip off of it. Ooookay.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

And STTNG is ranked below Stern's second rate rip off of it. Ooookay.

Exactly...this top 100 list gets shuffled every time a new pin comes out, I don't know how a pin that's 6months old gets in the Top 20 of ALL TIME

#21 4 years ago

I think these ones, but, to be fair, I need more time on some. Also, I really do still enjoy all of them, they just aren't in my top-20.

15. Star Trek
    18. Dialed In
    19. Spider-Man
    20. Theatre of Magic

#22 4 years ago

I was just looking at the JJP Pirates ratings. Looks like its only at number 1 because a bunch of people rated the CE at all 10s. I suppose I would to if I paid a small fortune for one. Give it another month or two and it will drop like a rock.

#23 4 years ago

All of them.

Every last one of them.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-of-the-top-twenty-are-not-in-your-top-20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.