Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 126 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by beadwindow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG0505.jpg
    IMAG0504.jpg
    th-1-525.jpeg
    2001.jpeg
    2014May18 019.JPG
    DSCN0388.JPG
    20150127_142042.jpg
    atlantis 001.JPG
    2772f1.jpg
    turkey_vulture_1.jpg
    image-277.jpg
    _jeffinaction.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoov.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Certain em's (the better players) just don't seem to pop up that often especially in the part of the US where you live. Granted, some parts of the US like the NW, west, etc. just didn't get the games back then like others. Low production games are more understandable. Also, "B" and "C" title games come up for sale more often - makes sense.

Here's a few that I don't see come up for sale that often in the Midwest:

North Star: Seemed to come up for sale in the NE but not in the Midwest as much - I did find one courtesy of dirtflipper though

Lawman, Sheriff: Don't see this multi-player that often here in the midwest

Snow Derby, Snow Queen: See this come up in the North, NE more

2001: 3 or 4 years ago I spotted a few for sale and then it went dry again.

Target Pool: A few in the last several years but not many

Easy titles to find in the Midwest recently in the last few years:

Sing Along
    Flying Carpet

#3 9 years ago
    Quoted from EMsInKC:

Jacks Open.
    Never see one around here.

Agree,

Very few of those come up for sale here too.

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from MrArt2u:

We've passed on several local Central Parks just waiting for the right Hurdy Gurdy to come along. I always thought Hurdy Gurdy was rarer due to it being an AAB but, I was wrong, they made more Hurdy Gurdys than Central Parks. I just don't see them too often here in replay happy southern California.

It probably was someone in Wisconsin or New York that was selling one and shipped it to California. A lot of guys in California like to ship two games at a time because the 2nd game almost rides free. Or someone moved there and took their Hurdy Gurdy with them. Can't be too many of them in your state.

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from JBK:

Gottlieb Atlantis for me.

It seems Atlantis is tougher to find in the East/NE. We do see them here in the Midwest occasionally but they get snatched up pretty quick.

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

All of the better titles are extremely hard to find here in Edmonton. If one pops up on Kijiji its gone in a few hours. Less popular EM's, or beat up pins, can be on there for a month or two. Here the pinball prices are higher than other areas.

Darcy,

You guys don't use Craigslist up your way?

#43 9 years ago
    Quoted from boilerman:

the only other title I want that I can not find is strange world...

Just in an old school collector's house local to me about 3 weeks ago (he doesn't even hardly use the internet) and saw a Strange World so they're out there........

And, while I was in there he proudly showed me his Hit the Deck, Blue Note, C-37, Golden Arrow, and about 7 other more common pins.

Said he would probably hang on to them until he dies.....

#44 9 years ago
    Quoted from Dono:

Interesting that Snow Queen/Snow Derby was discussed; I've only seen 1 for sale here since I've been in the hobby, starting way back in 1988.

Have you ever seen a Bristol Hills which was the aab/novelty version of Snow Queen/Snow Derby? A run of 110 were made special for a friend of David Gottlieb that owned a resort in New York. I know where there's one a few hours from me.

#46 9 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Craigslist here is ok. You have to search each category for pinball in, games, or collectables, or video games. Kijiji has a ad page for pinball, and is easier to navigate.

Have you tried SearchTempest to search Craigslist for you? Just type in a keyword (pinball) and distance to search and it lists all the cities in that range.

#47 9 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

There was a Strange World on Rockford Craigslist last year for $200. I didn't pursue it. Rockford is fairly close but I knew at that price it would be gone quick.

Tell me if you see another one near us Alex!

That's another game I haven't had.

#59 9 years ago
    Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Pretty sure the line forms here.

How about I take a number?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoov.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-of-the-better-em-titles-are-hard-to-find-for-youand-easy?tu=hoov and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.