Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 126 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by beadwindow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG0505.jpg
    IMAG0504.jpg
    th-1-525.jpeg
    2001.jpeg
    2014May18 019.JPG
    DSCN0388.JPG
    20150127_142042.jpg
    atlantis 001.JPG
    2772f1.jpg
    turkey_vulture_1.jpg
    image-277.jpg
    _jeffinaction.jpg
    There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 9 years ago
    Quoted from boilerman:

the only other title I want that I can not find is strange world...
    they don't even need to be local I would ship a star jet and strange world but can't find them

So no luck on that one that was in Canada?

#52 9 years ago
    Quoted from DirtFlipper:

So no luck on that one that was in Canada?

no go on that one dirt, had a line on one in CA but the guy was going sell it then he wasn't then he was then he wasn't?
    I will keep up the search, that is part of the fun.

#53 9 years ago
    #54 9 years ago

Looking for something like......this. But a lot closer, and in the USA.
    DSCN0388.JPGDSCN0388.JPG

#55 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Strange World $2499
    orangecounty.craigslist.org link

yep, that's the guy and the one in CA. Still there.

#56 9 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Looking for something like......this. But a lot closer, and in the USA.

Tease.

#57 9 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

true, they never pop up around here... i wonder where they all went?
    actually, that is pretty much true for most of the "popular" wedgies... "we" (speaking for the jersey contingent) seem to have a reasonable number of gtb multi-player games show up, and a fair share of "fun, but not the popular" wedgies show up as well, but ones like "atlantis" are rather rare... for example, you can find target alpha's all over the place, but good luck finding an el dorado...
    we seem to have a "reasonable" number of 60's wms machines, but not a lot... we also seem to have quite a few 70's wms games...

Several have been here.

AtlantiiAtlantii

#58 9 years ago

I've been on Pinside for 3 years. When some discussion of Strange World comes up I like to chime in.
    It is fun to play. Racking up games once the 'Special' is lit is great. Wish I could of done that when I was paying for games at the arcades.

#59 9 years ago
    Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Pretty sure the line forms here.

How about I take a number?

#60 9 years ago

I'm glad I like the oddball ones.

#61 9 years ago

Hell, you take what you can get here in Oregon. Not many good EM's are ever listed at realistic prices.. I just take the cheap derelict pins when I can find them cheap & fix them.
    Sure wish I had a good temperature controlled paint area. Waiting on warmer weather is killing me.

#62 9 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

I just take the cheap derelict pins when I can find them cheap & fix them.

In my experience those often turn out to be the most fun.

#63 9 years ago
    Quoted from hoov:

Have you ever seen a Bristol Hills which was the aab/novelty version of Snow Queen/Snow Derby? A run of 110 were made special for a friend of David Gottlieb that owned a resort in New York. I know where there's one a few hours from me.

one of these came up on cl last year... i remember posting it and us talking about it... it's somewhere in that thread.,.

#64 9 years ago
    Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Several have been here.
    Atlantii

2014May18 019.JPG 167 KB

i shoulda figured you had them all....

#65 9 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

i shoulda figured you had them all....

Take the one on the right. The one on the left has some lights out in the backglass. Unless the photo was taken when those bulbs were flashing.

#66 9 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Take the one on the right. The one on the left has some lights out in the backglass. Unless the photo was taken when those bulbs were flashing.

Flashers!

#67 9 years ago

Finding an Atlantis here will be hard. Especially in the condition of the 2 in DirtFlippers photo.

#68 9 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Finding an Atlantis here will be hard. Especially in the condition of the 2 in DirtFlippers photo.

yea darcy, i can't imagine there are a lot floating around up there either...

someday there will be one here... just gotta be patient... i'm in no rush, there are other games on my hit list as well... realistically, if i wanted one THAT bad, i could put a WTB ad up with a large number in it, and i could likely have one shipped from somewhere within a week... every machine is available if you are willing to bend over...

i finally gave up on actively looking for a rocket iii...

#69 9 years ago

I think I've probably come across 30 Bally Freedom machines over the past 10 years. It seems like everyone held onto one of these around me and they all stored them the same way since every one of them has had a terrible backglass.

#70 9 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

someday there will be one here... just gotta be patient...

I've shared this story here before. Here is when I first posted it on RGP a few years back. Your Atlantis will find you.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!searchin/rec.games.pinball/mike$20o$20atlantis/rec.games.pinball/1mRHvOE5HOY/UaIeCMhRtAcJ

You may have to copy and paste the whole link to see the original thread on RGP.

#71 9 years ago
    Quoted from MikeO:

I've shared this story here before. Here is when I first posted it on RGP a few years back. Your Atlantis will find you.
    https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!searchin/rec.games.pinball/mike$20o$20atlantis/rec.games.pinball/1mRHvOE5HOY/UaIeCMhRtAcJ
    You may have to copy and paste the whole link to see the original thread on RGP.

darn it, it is not cooperating for me... i'll search and find it...

2 of the machines i have found me on their own, so i have faith....

#72 9 years ago

Wow I didn't realize the demand for Jacks Open. I'm in the process of selling mine and delivering this weekend.

#73 9 years ago
    Quoted from PromoJoe23:

Wow I didn't realize the demand for Jacks Open. I'm in the process of selling mine and delivering this weekend.

i would say that a reasonably priced jacks open would sell very quickly, as long as the seller isn't in timbuktu... it may not be the #1 game on too many people's lists, but it is somewhere in the top 10, if not top 5, of many lists...

#74 9 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

would say that a reasonably priced jacks open would sell very quickly, as long as the seller isn't in timbuktu... it may not be the #1 game on too many people's lists, but it is somewhere in the top 10, if not top 5, of many lists...

Next on my list Chris..............

Ken

#75 9 years ago

From memory, the games I see come up for sale most often is Soccer/Super Soccer and Space Mission. Hard to say what is rare.. I've seen some crazy things come up locally...of course the sell immediately too.

#76 9 years ago

MF'ing Space Mission every other day... yep...

#77 9 years ago

hi Darcy - hope all is well

have patience on the atlantis, i went a few years looking for a really nice one with no luck after passing on one locally here

i then bought a beauty out of minnesota for a healthy price, add shipping and duty ... but i love it!! and lo and behold then the one i missed years back is up for sale in my backyard, and then two or three others right after too .. isn't that the way

they are still out there as we all know - that is part of the fun

now ... where is that slick chick and a world champ too ... ... !

cheers, Ron

#78 9 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

MF'ing Space Mission every other day... yep...

Up until Addams Family was made Space Mission / Odyssey had the highest number of machines made. So they are like roaches. They are everywhere.

#79 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Space Mission / Odyssey had the highest number of machines made. So they are like roaches.

Ah, they could have done so much more with this title.

2001.jpeg2001.jpeg

#80 9 years ago

Cowpoke, now thats a rare machine.

#81 9 years ago

For me the EM that has been very difficult to find is Thoro-bred. Not a popular title. But have only seen one for sale in the last year. I actually have never played the game. But want the pin for the theme.

#82 9 years ago

Here in Australia..Gottlieb Surf Side, been chasing one for about 20 years..not even one that is flogged has ever shown up.

#83 9 years ago

I'm going to list my Surf Side for sale at TPF this March. Mine sat in a warehouse since the 80's and is one of the nicest original examples left in existence (perfect backglass, playfield, good cabinet paint) and I replaced all of the lamp sockets with new ones. I also punched the top rail and installed cabaret lights (w/original Gottlieb color sleeves and spacing, of course). Unfortunately it's a bit of a haul from down under... :/

I do recommend finding one if you play with others often. Has to be one of the very best 2-player EM's in terms of fun... like an exciting arm-wrestling match all the way to the end. The extra ball opportunity on the roto-target is a real nail-biter. Can totally disrupt the flow and allow a trailing player to move up and steal the 100x multipliers.

I'll post a video to youtube before selling it. Haven't seen any good ones there yet.

#84 9 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

I do recommend finding one if you play with others often. Has to be one of the very best 2-player EM's

PM sent.

#85 9 years ago

pig...

i hope that my trailer is ready for habitation soon...

#86 9 years ago

th-1-525.jpegth-1-525.jpeg

#87 9 years ago

Wow, pm sent 3 minutes after the post

Just looked up the game as never heard of it before - looks a beauty.

Reminds of the movie - 'Gone in 90 seconds'

#88 9 years ago

Basically I'll repeat what I told O-din... if you're not local or not coming to TPF it probably won't be worth the $$$ after shipping since it will sell for a minimum of $1500. I'll post pics and videos. Needs to be recorded for YouTube before I let it go.

#89 9 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Basically I'll repeat what I told O-din... if you're not local or not coming to TPF it probably won't be worth the $$$ after shipping since it will sell for a minimum of $1500.

True. And thanks for being honest with me. I may be getting at max capacity anyway after some recent wheelings and dealings over in solid state land.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-black-knight-very-clean-new-back-glass-950

#90 9 years ago

These old EM games are pieces of art.

#91 9 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

I'm going to list my Surf Side for sale at TPF this March.

you're killing me! though this is the kind of thing is what keeps pinball collectors going..the thrill of the hunt

#92 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinhead52:

Cowpoke, now thats a rare machine.

I've had a couple of those. They come up now and then in the northeast. I'd love to find the Italian export version called "Rancho". Now THAT'S a rare machine!

#93 9 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

I've had a couple of those. They come up now and then in the northeast. I'd love to find the Italian export version called "Rancho". Now THAT'S a rare machine!

there was a rancho listed on CL in md. a month or so ago. I emailed them but never got a response.
    I bet they had a lot of interest.
    I did save a screen shot of the pics they listed

#94 9 years ago
    Quoted from boilerman:

there was a rancho listed on CL in md. a month or so ago. I emailed them but never got a response.
    I bet they had a lot of interest.
    I did save a screen shot of the pics they listed

Saw that one too. It was like $250, and looked nice.

Edit: Oops, more like $500 (the ad remnant can still be found via Google).

#95 9 years ago
    Quoted from boilerman:

there was a rancho listed on CL in md. a month or so ago. I emailed them but never got a response.I bet they had a lot of interest.I did save a screen shot of the pics they listed

Would love to see those photos if possible.

#96 9 years ago

here they are jr

IMAG0504.jpgIMAG0504.jpg IMAG0505.jpgIMAG0505.jpg
    #97 9 years ago

Thanks for posting the photos. The problem with a lot of those Italian games is that they were modified by their operators to make them appear more modern (at the time). I don't think this game had five digit scoring to begin with, although the mod appears to have been done rather cleanly.
    The bumper bodies and caps have also been updated, and it appears to have the wider type lockdown bar replacing the correct narrower one. It has the same cabinet design as the domestic "North Star",
    which is correct for this game. I wonder who was lucky enough to have snagged this game.

#98 9 years ago

I have been trying to find a "CLEAN" Gottlieb EM Pinball Apron for my Abra Ca Dabra. Dont want to use the decal I bought. Anyone have one for sale?

#99 9 years ago
    Quoted from hoov:

Have you ever seen a Bristol Hills which was the aab/novelty version of Snow Queen/Snow Derby? A run of 110 were made special for a friend of David Gottlieb that owned a resort in New York. I know where there's one a few hours from me.

I vaguely remember a Bristol Hills at one of the shows on the East Coast years ago... pretty sure it was Allentown.

3 weeks later
    #100 9 years ago

Sing Along doesn't seem to pop up too often in this part of the NE. That game always reminds me of Christmas!! Its AAB partner Melody, is even more rare in these parts.

There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-of-the-better-em-titles-are-hard-to-find-for-youand-easy/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.