Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 126 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by beadwindow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG0505.jpg
    IMAG0504.jpg
    th-1-525.jpeg
    2001.jpeg
    2014May18 019.JPG
    DSCN0388.JPG
    20150127_142042.jpg
    atlantis 001.JPG
    2772f1.jpg
    turkey_vulture_1.jpg
    image-277.jpg
    _jeffinaction.jpg
    There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 9 years ago

Certain em's (the better players) just don't seem to pop up that often especially in the part of the US where you live. Granted, some parts of the US like the NW, west, etc. just didn't get the games back then like others. Low production games are more understandable. Also, "B" and "C" title games come up for sale more often - makes sense.

Here's a few that I don't see come up for sale that often in the Midwest:

North Star: Seemed to come up for sale in the NE but not in the Midwest as much - I did find one courtesy of dirtflipper though

Lawman, Sheriff: Don't see this multi-player that often here in the midwest

Snow Derby, Snow Queen: See this come up in the North, NE more

2001: 3 or 4 years ago I spotted a few for sale and then it went dry again.

Target Pool: A few in the last several years but not many

Easy titles to find in the Midwest recently in the last few years:

Sing Along
    Flying Carpet

#2 9 years ago

Jacks Open.

Never see one around here.

#3 9 years ago
    Quoted from EMsInKC:

Jacks Open.
    Never see one around here.

Agree,

Very few of those come up for sale here too.

#4 9 years ago

Some of the add-a-ball titles are tough to find even here in NY, because of the lower production numbers. Still want to find me a nice "Gold Strike" without having to take out a second mortgage.
    Oddly, I've seen more "Pleasure Isle" machines for sale over the years than the replay version "Paradise". "Bowling Queen" and "Rack a Ball" seem to be fairly easy to find lately.

#5 9 years ago

"Sky Line" is another game that I once thought was rather scarce, but they seem to be popping up everywhere lately.

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from hoov:

Certain em's (the better players) just don't seem to pop up that often especially in the part of the US where you live. Granted, some parts of the US like the NW, west, etc. just didn't get the games back then like others. Low production games are more understandable. Also, "B" and "C" title games come up for sale more often - makes sense.
    Here's a few that I don't see come up for sale that often in the Midwest:
    North Star: Seemed to come up for sale in the NE but not in the Midwest as much - I did find one courtesy of dirtflipper though
    Lawman, Sheriff: Don't see this multi-player that often here in the midwest
    Snow Derby, Snow Queen: See this come up in the North, NE more
    2001: 3 or 4 years ago I spotted a few for sale and then it went dry again.
    Target Pool: A few in the last several years but not many
    Easy titles to find in the Midwest recently in the last few years:
    Sing Along
    Flying Carpet

proof that location matters... sing along's don't seem to show up around here often at all... there are a few others on my "wish list" that don't pop up often either... nice examples of "bon voyage" seem to exist everywhere except within 500 miles of me...

whereas my target pool found me (thanks boilerman!)...

i agree that jacks open almost never shows up... i got mine off of a cl seller who started at 3000 and eventually got down to 300 (yes, it was a wreck)... but we never see those posted in the cl or ebay threads...

#7 9 years ago

Most of the early 60s Williams games seem very hard to come by.

#8 9 years ago

Lets see for EMs in DFW all I see that is plentiful are the following titles...
    So what I am trying to say is anything that is worth a damn hardly comes up and when it does there are 40 vultures waiting with wings spread.

Bank-A-Ball (there are a rash of them)
    Sing Along (again...there have been a rash of beaters of this title.)
    1960's 4 player Gottlieb "C game" turds in rough condition.
    1970's Williams "pointy people games" for 200 dollars that rot on CL.

This is the extent of what can be found EM wise in DFW area at any given time. 850 dollars for a F$%^g "Student Prince" 700 for a Toledo *eye roll*

dallas.craigslist.org link

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from hoov:

Agree,
    Very few of those come up for sale here too.

I know where one is, but the owner won't sell it, so I might as well NOT know where one is...

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

40 vultures waiting with wings spread.

Actually i perch on the lamppost. Easier and quicker to divebomb

--Jeff

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

Actually i perch on the lamppost. Easier and quicker to divebomb
    --Jeff

gonna have to try that, as we have no shortage of vultures here in nj (counting myself amoungst them )....

#12 9 years ago

I found a picture of way2wyrd in action.

_jeffinaction.jpg_jeffinaction.jpg
    #13 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I found a picture of way2wyrd in action.

_jeffinaction.jpg 40 KB

fortunately, we don't have too many black vultures around here... although more and more of them have been showing up...

up here we are turkey vultures...

image-277.jpgimage-277.jpg

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

up here we are turkey vultures...

yeah we have a ton of those in Austin. Actually beautiful birds. you never realize how big they are untill youre up close

--jeff

turkey_vulture_1.jpgturkey_vulture_1.jpg
    #15 9 years ago

We've passed on several local Central Parks just waiting for the right Hurdy Gurdy to come along. I always thought Hurdy Gurdy was rarer due to it being an AAB but, I was wrong, they made more Hurdy Gurdys than Central Parks. I just don't see them too often here in replay happy southern California.

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

yeah we have a ton of those in Austin. Actually beautiful birds. you never realize how big they are untill youre up close
    --jeff

turkey_vulture_1.jpg 14 KB

they are indeed nice looking and large birds... it's always cool to see a big bunch of them clustered together, especially right after they have fed and they are just hanging out*... makes them easy to observe and watch them interact...

* ok, it's more cool to watch them feed... what can i say, i'm a sick human being...

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from MrArt2u:

We've passed on several local Central Parks just waiting for the right Hurdy Gurdy to come along. I always thought Hurdy Gurdy was rarer due to it being an AAB but, I was wrong, they made more Hurdy Gurdys than Central Parks. I just don't see them too often here in replay happy southern California.

It probably was someone in Wisconsin or New York that was selling one and shipped it to California. A lot of guys in California like to ship two games at a time because the 2nd game almost rides free. Or someone moved there and took their Hurdy Gurdy with them. Can't be too many of them in your state.

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from hoov:

It probably was someone in Wisconsin or New York that was selling one and shipped it to California. Or someone moved there and took their Hurdy Gurdy with them. Can't be too many of them in your state.

yea, i would think aab's would be as rare as hen's teeth in cali... they aren't even all that common in states that adjoin aab states...

#19 9 years ago

Well, we're still looking for that Hurdy Gurdy (ROAD TRIP!!!) but we recently lucked out on a Jacks Open when a buddy finally found a Lucky Hand here in California. We also have a Ship Ahoy found locally so we know there are AABs to be found. (crossing fingers for that Hurdy Gurdy...)

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Most of the early 60s Williams games seem very hard to come by.

That's because between you and me, we bought them all!

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from MrArt2u:

Well, we're still looking for that Hurdy Gurdy (ROAD TRIP!!!) but we recently lucked out on a Jacks Open when a buddy finally found a Lucky Hand here in California. We also have a Ship Ahoy found locally so we know there are AABs to be found. (crossing fingers for that Hurdy Gurdy...)

It seems like there is always a Lucky Hand for sale in Wisconsin.

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

It seems like there is always a Lucky Hand for sale in Wisconsin.

I thought they were all in Connecticut. That's where all of the east coast ones seem to come from.

#23 9 years ago

I agree that 1960s WMS EMs are hard to find.
    That is part of the reason that i have sought them out
    and my collection has a very heavy dose of 60s WMS EM pins.
    There is one that i am still waiting to see in the flesh
    and that is a WMS Whoopee (4P),
    its not that they are that low of production (IPDB says 2075 units),
    just have never seen one in person.
    WMS Reserve is also kinda rare, only have seen my buddy Sam's game.
    The GTB EM pin "NOW" is kinda rare, seems most are European re-imports.
    Also do not see many Bally KickOff/Quarterback pins.

#24 9 years ago

Your profits go Whoopeeeeeeee.....

2772f1.jpg2772f1.jpg

#25 9 years ago

I would say just about any nice EM is hard for me to find right now.

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from bellbrand:

I would say just about any nice EM is hard for me to find right now.

That Sure Shot looked pretty nice. What happened to it?

#27 9 years ago

All of the better titles are extremely hard to find here in Edmonton. If one pops up on Kijiji its gone in a few hours. Less popular EM's, or beat up pins, can be on there for a month or two. Here the pinball prices are higher than other areas.

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from MikeO:

That Sure Shot looked pretty nice. What happened to it?

Some guy bought it for the 795 dollars 3 days ago and now he wants to flip it for 1300 dollars and won't budge from his price.

#29 9 years ago

Gottlieb Atlantis for me.

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from JBK:

Gottlieb Atlantis for me.

It seems Atlantis is tougher to find in the East/NE. We do see them here in the Midwest occasionally but they get snatched up pretty quick.

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

All of the better titles are extremely hard to find here in Edmonton. If one pops up on Kijiji its gone in a few hours. Less popular EM's, or beat up pins, can be on there for a month or two. Here the pinball prices are higher than other areas.

Darcy,

You guys don't use Craigslist up your way?

#32 9 years ago

Still patiently waiting for a Bally Starjet to surface within driving range

#33 9 years ago
    Quoted from hoov:

It seems Atlantis is tougher to find in the East/NE. We do see them here in the Midwest occasionally but they get snatched up pretty quick.

true, they never pop up around here... i wonder where they all went?

actually, that is pretty much true for most of the "popular" wedgies... "we" (speaking for the jersey contingent) seem to have a reasonable number of gtb multi-player games show up, and a fair share of "fun, but not the popular" wedgies show up as well, but ones like "atlantis" are rather rare... for example, you can find target alpha's all over the place, but good luck finding an el dorado...

we seem to have a "reasonable" number of 60's wms machines, but not a lot... we also seem to have quite a few 70's wms games...

#34 9 years ago

Daisy May - anywhere!

#35 9 years ago
    Quoted from hoov:

Darcy,
    You guys don't use Craigslist up your way?

Craigslist here is ok. You have to search each category for pinball in, games, or collectables, or video games. Kijiji has a ad page for pinball, and is easier to navigate.

#36 9 years ago
    Quoted from hoov:

It seems Atlantis is tougher to find

Quoted from ccotenj:

true, they never pop up around here... i wonder where they all went?

I know where there is one...............................

Ken

atlantis 001.JPGatlantis 001.JPG

#37 9 years ago

Here in DC/MD/VA, seems like all I see for the most part are 70s Williams games... one of the biggest distributors of pins in our area, was extremely frugal, so my theory is that he wasn't going to pop on any old Gottlieb, although I do remember seeing more and more of them in the mid 70s.

The Gottliebs that he routed seemed to be out on location forever.... I remember seeing a Royal Guard and a Sing Along at a department store that he serviced all the way up to the late 70s. 10+ years in the field back then was pretty rare, at least in our neck of the woods. Bally 60s games - very rarely see them either... I'd love to see some stats on the distribution of Bally EMs from the 60s... I don't remember seeing any Bally EMs from that time period... weird.

Interesting that Snow Queen/Snow Derby was discussed; I've only seen 1 for sale here since I've been in the hobby, starting way back in 1988. And woodrails - most of my leads for those come out of Western Maryland/West VA areas.

#38 9 years ago
    Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

I know where there is one...............................

Nice work bench!

#39 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Your profits go Whoopeeeeeeee.....

2772f1.jpg 145 KB

So when they were producing that game, was everyone at the Williams plant making Whoopee?

#40 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Nice work bench!

I can top that!

20150127_142042.jpg20150127_142042.jpg
    #41 9 years ago
    Quoted from stashyboy:

I can top that!

20150127_142042.jpg 174 KB

Mine was like that for awhile.

#42 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rody:

Still patiently waiting for a Bally Starjet to surface within driving range

I have been looking for that machine for 20 years.. only seen one sold in that time.

it was the first pin I remember playing and I played everyday for a whole year

it took me 2 years to find a nice flying carpet, was a hard title to find local. I had 5 atlantis' over the last 3 yrs.
    the only other title I want that I can not find is strange world...

they don't even need to be local I would ship a star jet and strange world but can't find them

#43 9 years ago
    Quoted from boilerman:

the only other title I want that I can not find is strange world...

Just in an old school collector's house local to me about 3 weeks ago (he doesn't even hardly use the internet) and saw a Strange World so they're out there........

And, while I was in there he proudly showed me his Hit the Deck, Blue Note, C-37, Golden Arrow, and about 7 other more common pins.

Said he would probably hang on to them until he dies.....

#44 9 years ago
    Quoted from Dono:

Interesting that Snow Queen/Snow Derby was discussed; I've only seen 1 for sale here since I've been in the hobby, starting way back in 1988.

Have you ever seen a Bristol Hills which was the aab/novelty version of Snow Queen/Snow Derby? A run of 110 were made special for a friend of David Gottlieb that owned a resort in New York. I know where there's one a few hours from me.

#45 9 years ago

There was a Strange World on Rockford Craigslist last year for $200. I didn't pursue it. Rockford is fairly close but I knew at that price it would be gone quick.

#46 9 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Craigslist here is ok. You have to search each category for pinball in, games, or collectables, or video games. Kijiji has a ad page for pinball, and is easier to navigate.

Have you tried SearchTempest to search Craigslist for you? Just type in a keyword (pinball) and distance to search and it lists all the cities in that range.

#47 9 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

There was a Strange World on Rockford Craigslist last year for $200. I didn't pursue it. Rockford is fairly close but I knew at that price it would be gone quick.

Tell me if you see another one near us Alex!

That's another game I haven't had.

#48 9 years ago
    Quoted from hoov:

Have you ever seen a Bristol Hills which was the aab/novelty version of Snow Queen/Snow Derby? A run of 110 were made special for a friend of David Gottlieb that owned a resort in New York. I know where there's one a few hours from me.

There were three at one of the Allentown shows several years ago. I used to see them on location here in NY state back in the day. A few years ago my brother picked up a really nice one at a garage sale. It now resides at the Silverball Museum.

#49 9 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

And it was. I wasn't able to jump on it quickly enough either.

#50 9 years ago
    Quoted from hoov:

Tell me if you see another one near us Alex!
    That's another game I haven't had.

Pretty sure the line forms here.

There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-of-the-better-em-titles-are-hard-to-find-for-youand-easy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.