(Topic ID: 277557)

Which new Stern Pro NIB would you buy if you could only have one?

By CrazyFliprFingrs

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by MrTilt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

Dreaming of a NIB Pro Stern, budget limited to less than 6k
    Which one to buy?
    The obvious choice seems to be Iron Maiden, but I also really like Guardians of the Galaxy and Stranger Things.
    What do you like/not like about each of these machines (Pro)
    Or is there another one I should consider ? Star Wars Comic Art maybe?
    It's a tough decision, so many choices!

#2 3 years ago

Guiardians of the galaxy I think. Love the theme and it's a lot of fun

#3 3 years ago

Jurassic park pro or Deadpool pro

#4 3 years ago

AFMr CE.

#5 3 years ago

dp pro

#6 3 years ago

I would go Stranger Things. Cant get enough of that game.

#8 3 years ago

Yes too many choices. First one, I would go for a theme that grabs you. Sounds like GOTG for you but for game play that would hold more for me would be DP.

#9 3 years ago

Tron

#10 3 years ago

Iron Maiden.

#11 3 years ago

I'd go deadpool. For the $, the pro is a great value. Consider star trek if you can find it .

#12 3 years ago

Dp

#13 3 years ago

JP......TMNT and DP close seconds

#14 3 years ago

If it has to be a pro, I’d consider Metallica. Maybe a dealer still has one in their inventory.

#15 3 years ago

DP is pure fun, if not that maybe TMNT if you like the theme. ST would be my last choice.

#16 3 years ago

Jurassic park

#17 3 years ago

Iron Maiden

#18 3 years ago

Jurassic Park, love so much about this one!

#19 3 years ago

Kiss Pro

#20 3 years ago

Their like Lays chips, can’t just have one

#21 3 years ago

TMNT all the way. Great layout, theme, artwork, LCD animations, music, with immersive code to keep you busy for a long time. Everything else, seems lesser than TMNT, although you couldn’t go wrong with any of them.

TMNT feels like an advanced 2020 pinball machine, with everything thrown in, to make it compelling for a long time to come. Highly underrated for what’s in the game package.

#22 3 years ago

Star Wars Comic, I almost bought the pro but decided on the premium but for me SW pro comic is the best looking pin and I love the game. Plus SW comic pro will probably be hard to find on pinside only listed 22 owners. I really love the are on the comic pro it’s the best looking Stern pro ever.

Second choice would be Maiden right now because I’ve not played AIQ so can’t say. I think AIQ might be better for me but I’m going to play it first.

DP pro is also great.

I had a Stranger Things pro in my game room holding it for a friend so I got to play a lot. I didn’t like it at all.

#23 3 years ago

Stranger Things. So epic.

#24 3 years ago

None!!! I don't buy Pro's!!!

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Congrats!

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

That’s too bad. Rob Zombie wishes it was a lowly stern pro

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyFliprFingrs:

Star Wars Comic Art maybe?

This is my only pin right now and I love it. Timeless theme and it looks amazing with the comic art. JP2 and Maiden and Deadpool r all quite good.

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:

TMNT all the way. Great layout, theme, artwork, LCD animations, music, with immersive code to keep you busy for a long time. Everything else, seems lesser than TMNT, although you couldn’t go wrong with any of them.
    TMNT feels like an advanced 2020 pinball machine, with everything thrown in, to make it compelling for a long time to come. Highly underrated for what’s in the game package.

I'm currently doing a hypothetical in my head and I want TMNT due to theme (obsessed with it as a kid and it has nostalgia for me), but I've played Jurassic Park and it is definitely a game I'd own, but not in love with the theme like turtles. Who knows, maybe I could end up owning them both in years to come...

#30 3 years ago

I have an Iron Maiden and Deadpool Pro as my only two pins currently and I like them both a lot. I've owned a number of pins in the past with most games only lasting a few months but both IM and DP will be in my collection for a long time. I can't knock a single thing about either of them.

For most people I'd say Deadpool unless you really enjoy the Iron Maiden music which plays perfectly with the game. I've played JP a good bit and that's also a great pin, but something doesn't flow quite right with me with the animations and sounds. Would be hard though to pick just one which is the boat I was in so I ended up with both IM and Deadpool. Have fun with whatever you decide on.

#31 3 years ago

Curious why you would limit your interest to a Pro or a NIB when there are So many amazing games out there in your budget or below?? You realize the box gets thrown out and odds are a HUO game not only saves you a ton but likely has few issues compared to NIB.

#32 3 years ago

Some times NIB is easier not having to drive all over creation and often people want nearly full price for a used game.

Plus it’s often hard to find the exact game I want in a 50 or 100 mile radius.

Seen an ad for TMNT pro used for $5600, how much more is a new pin? $2-300 dollars? I’ll take a new one without any driving in that case.

I’m sure there are some very great deals tho on used but maybe not what I’m looking for. But I still like the hunt and find a great pin I’m looking for that’s not too far is awesome.

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Some times NIB is easier not having to drive all over creation and often people want nearly full price for a used game.

Yes sir.
    I'll take the loss on re sale with a big fuckin smile on my face, I don't have to deal with people, going back and forth and price haggling all that, I hate it. I get it delivered out of box into the house, set it up and 10min later I'm playing. Plus I never get bored of that brand new pin smell.

#34 3 years ago

You should play a bit more the games you want.

I would go with one of this:

GOTG pro --> Nice flow (Metallica layout), lots of fun and a good missions. -> got the one more game feeling
    TMNT pro --> Very hard game, lots of action, very funny and addictive -> got also the one more game feeling
    DP pro --> different layout, superb sound and animations, very funny game -> get repetitive after a while

If you like deeper games:

JP2 pro --> deep game, alot to shoot for. Theme is ok, but integration is top notch -> to frustrating for me, had not so many games on this machine.
    Iron maiden pro --> awesome fast game, love the sounds and callouts, gameplaywise very addictive -> but can't stand the music after a while.

So its only up to your likes

#35 3 years ago

The beatles... just kidding.

#36 3 years ago

GotG ... the only game I truly hated in its early code phase (I understand when I buy new release it will be so so but that game was just awful). I kept it knowing it would improve and it certainly did. Still have it, still love it. JP3 and DP are great as well.

Also a shout out to BK3 ... that game gets a ton of play by not only me but anyone that comes over (before Covid)

#37 3 years ago

Star Gazer only aviable in pro version but I can live with that ; )

Shane

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from MightyGrave:

You should play a bit more the games you want.
    I would go with one of this:
    GOTG pro --> Nice flow (Metallica layout), lots of fun and a good missions. -> got the one more game feeling
    TMNT pro --> Very hard game, lots of action, very funny and addictive -> got also the one more game feeling
    DP pro --> different layout, superb sound and animations, very funny game -> get repetitive after a while
    If you like deeper games:
    JP2 pro --> deep game, alot to shoot for. Theme is ok, but integration is top notch -> to frustrating for me, had not so many games on this machine.
    Iron maiden pro --> awesome fast game, love the sounds and callouts, gameplaywise very addictive -> but can't stand the music after a while.
    So its only up to your likes

Fantastic breakdown! I've just got an Iron Maiden Pro after playing it on location for nearly 2 years now (I bought the actual location game I played). TMNT looks like it's at the top of my list for future Stern purchase.

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

The beatles... just kidding.

Interesting comment. I love my JP, and TSPP, but wanted a modern game with simple layout easy to understand ruleset and great artwork. Beatles satisfys that in spades! I know a lot of pinsiders shame the game, but it's fun! and WAY better than Seawitch due to its modern mechanics. .02

#40 3 years ago

Jurassic Park Pro would be my first choice for the next NIB pin. Had a lot of fun trying it out and was surprised how integrated the theme was (even though it wasn’t from the movie). Avengers Infinity Quest and TMNT are intriguing options but I can honestly say that I haven’t played either one.

#41 3 years ago

EHOH. It is a really fun game and I love the old movie clips and theme.

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

You’re missing out.

#43 3 years ago

I’m debating BM66 or JP or Maiden also love Elvira but BM66 is more my theme.

I’m going to play BM66 a few more times on location to see if it clicks with me.

If I didn’t already have SW and had to be a pro my choice would be

SW comic
    JP
    Maiden
    DP

So many great pros.

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from bepositive:

Star Gazer only aviable in pro version but I can live with that ; )
    Shane

Star Gazer ?

That machine is from 1980 !

#45 3 years ago

none nib. why spend 6k on something that might fall apart? wait a year and buy used, save $600-800 with all the bugs worked out and hopefully a few code updates and have the piece of mind that the playfield won't chip after 100 games.

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

none nib. why spend 6k on something that might fall apart? wait a year and buy used, save $600-800 with all the bugs worked out and hopefully a few code updates and have the piece of mind that the playfield won't chip after 100 games.

If I did spend 6k for a NIB Stern and it did fall apart, I assume the warranty would apply, since I was the original owner..
    Right?

#47 3 years ago

If I did spend 6k for a NIB Stern and it did fall apart, I assume the warranty would apply, since I was the original owner..
    Right?

Hahahaha.
    No.
    I'd assume he's saying this more for play field issues though....and that's a brutal "warranty" doing a pf swap IMO

#48 3 years ago

Dead Pool
    The hard core pinheads think it is the best Stern in the modern era.

#49 3 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Right?

You’ll be fine, just buy from a reputable distributor. Don’t let the drama of some steer you away. NIB is an awesome experience.

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Quoted from Eskaybee:

You’ll be fine, just buy from a reputable distributor. Don’t let the drama of some steer you away. NIB is an awesome experience.

I just BOUGHT a NIB DP Pro, it's a great companion game with my IMDN LE. It's pure pinball fun/bliss. But really, I doubt you could go too wrong with any of the games on your list, except maybe Stranger Things.

As for NIB quality, my DP pro developed a clear coat chip in the shooter lane in the first 45 games. This was AFTER I put mylar down and lowered the trough eject power to the lowest setting. ...and then little deadpool's head fell off 20 games later.

Stern will send you a clear coat repair kit with sandpaper and a little bottle of fingernail polish or something that you can use to try to repair the chip. And my dealer is working on getting me a new little DP.

The advice above is sound, if something like this would ruin your enjoyment of the game, try to find a nice lightly used one that you can see doesn't have these faults before buying.

DP is great fun though. Pretty in your face with the sound and and such so maybe not for everyone, but I like it. And NIB pins do smell great...

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-new-stern-pro-nib-would-you-buy-if-you-could-only-have-one?hl=zaki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.