(Topic ID: 277557)

Which new Stern Pro NIB would you buy if you could only have one?

By CrazyFliprFingrs

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by MrTilt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

I just BOUGHT a NIB DP Pro, it's a great companion game with my IMDN LE. It's pure pinball fun/bliss. But really, I doubt you could go too wrong with any of the games on your list, except maybe Stranger Things.
    As for NIB quality, my DP pro developed a clear coat chip in the shooter lane in the first 45 games. This was AFTER I put mylar down and lowered the trough eject power to the lowest setting. ...and then little deadpool's head fell off 20 games later.
    Stern will send you a clear coat repair kit with sandpaper and a little bottle of fingernail polish or something that you can use to try to repair the chip. And my dealer is working on getting me a new little DP.
    The advice above is sound, if something like this would ruin your enjoyment of the game, try to find a nice lightly used one that you can see doesn't have these faults before buying.
    DP is great fun though. Pretty in your face with the sound and and such so maybe not for everyone, but I like it. And NIB pins do smell great...

Check out the Deadpool owners thread. Make sure you protect your Katana ramp entrance.

#52 3 years ago

DP or IMDN

#53 3 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Check out the Deadpool owners thread. Make sure you protect your Katana ramp entrance.

Yeah I saw that and did so prior to playing ball 1. Thx!

#54 3 years ago

Iron Maiden for me.

#55 3 years ago

think JP2 is the best pin actually, but than wanna see where AIQ will finish, and so do i same about... Hot Wheels (ok not a STERN)

#56 3 years ago

I suppose Ill answer Star Wars comic since I just got one

#57 3 years ago

EHOH

#59 3 years ago

None...dont waste your $ or take the risk buying a NIB Stern....look for a nice used local game

#61 3 years ago
    1 week later
    #62 3 years ago

I've had 2 NIB Stern experiences this year.
    JP - had to replace the main CPU after 2 games....but it only took 5 minutes and Stern+Distributor were all over getting me the board....in April when the factory was closed for productio.n Major props to Stern support for that.
    The game has worked flawlessly for over 1000 games now. I'm sorry to read that some folks have issues.
    Also got a Beatles Gold. Great machine. no issues. My gameroom still has the 'new pin' smell! I'm completely satisfied with my NIB experience.

Now, keeping a 1980 Xenon running is another issue....may have to sell her to get another NIB sometime next year.

on topic: JP is just pure fun and a great theme and shooter, but I LOVE Iron Maiden's layout. not big on the music, it gets annoying after a while. DP is the bomb too. Can't go wrong with any of the three.

#63 3 years ago

Tron (find a nib one and don't look back)

#64 3 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Star Wars Comic, I almost bought the pro but decided on the premium but for me SW pro comic is the best looking pin and I love the game. Plus SW comic pro will probably be hard to find on pinside only listed 22 owners. I really love the are on the comic pro it’s the best looking Stern pro ever.
    Second choice would be Maiden right now because I’ve not played AIQ so can’t say. I think AIQ might be better for me but I’m going to play it first.
    DP pro is also great.
    I had a Stranger Things pro in my game room holding it for a friend so I got to play a lot. I didn’t like it at all.

Agreee mine sw comic pro arrives in DEC - looks amazing , stong theme/resale and great game!

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-new-stern-pro-nib-would-you-buy-if-you-could-only-have-one/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.