(Topic ID: 286686)

Which new machines have the deepest ruleset?

By Occelot

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“For logevity (keeps you entertained the longest), which game?”

• The Hobbit 7 votes
      58%
    • Wonka SE 1 vote
      8%
    • GnR SE 0 votes
    • Turtles Pro 4 votes
      33%

(12 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C389B65E-EC49-46E5-B5FC-5A34C4A098DB (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider occelot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hey guys, I'm looking to get a newish machine. I'm looking for one with a deep ruleset, and a nearly impossible to reach wizard mode (think LOTR). Any ideas? A couple I was tossing around was Stern's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (I've heard it's gotta deep ruleset), maybe a JJP like Hobbit?

Thanks!

#3 3 years ago

I've owned TSPP in the past. I guess I should clarify I'm looking for something within the past 6 years

#5 3 years ago

Thanks. I have 2 kids, so that's another reason I was leaning towards Turtles.

#6 3 years ago

Was thinking if I had to pick two (yes.. loan here we come) and trying to stay under $10k, maybe a Turtles and a TOMMY.

#8 3 years ago

I just love the theme of TOMMY.

#13 3 years ago

They have the pinsound mod, which plays samples by the who instead of the broadway musical.

#15 3 years ago

Thanks for the input guys. I'm looking for a couple pins that are difficult to beat. The reason being, I now have to have pins in my basement, so moving them is a pain in the butt. So I'm trying to prevent pin A.D.D when you get a pin, and then trade it 2 months later I know "BEATING" a pin isn't necessarily a thing, but for pins you own, you do'nt necessarily get the satisfaction of simply beating the high score Does that make sense?

Sounds like Hobbit and turtles may be a good fit.

#20 3 years ago

In regard to WOZ, hobbit and others... just gotta find one for sale

#32 3 years ago

K guys I added a poll! If you'd be so kind as to cast your votes

1 week later
    #36 3 years ago

Went with Turtles LE and The Hobbit Black Arrow. So good, thanks guys!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider occelot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-new-machines-have-the-deepest-ruleset?tu=occelot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.