(Topic ID: 286686)

Which new machines have the deepest ruleset?

By Occelot

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“For logevity (keeps you entertained the longest), which game?”

• The Hobbit 7 votes
      58%
    • Wonka SE 1 vote
      8%
    • GnR SE 0 votes
    • Turtles Pro 4 votes
      33%

(12 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C389B65E-EC49-46E5-B5FC-5A34C4A098DB (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Audioenslaved.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 3 years ago

Houdini is VERY deep! There’s heaps of side missions with jail escape, several multi balls, 8 or so stage modes and 5 or 6 movie modes. All modes are very unique and fun getting you to shoot all over the playfield! I miss mine and only got frustrated because I couldn’t dial in the catapult so it left the house because I was super frustrated. A couple of the shots are tight but can be opened up to make them more shootable. And it’s very in tune with the theme.

Tmnt is a fantastic game too. I love mine it’s not too hard a shooter BUT it’s FAST! Very fast and I think that’s why people aren’t fans of it. The ball is back to a flipper in the blink of an eye! Modes are fun and team up multiball a great thing to aim for that’s in the “middle” of the game. Dwight has done a fantastic job on it and it’s another Borg cracker! I must admit I do love Borg games they’re just super satisfying to me!

Star Wars is fun especially in a prem/Le it’s another super fast game but when you’ve got balls whizzing around on the super charger 2.0 it’s super satisfying! The modes feel VERY sameish on Star Wars and that’s really my gripe with the game. Would probably have one back but not at these prices.

Hobbit is DEEEEEEEEP but zzzzzzzz. The playfield is wide open and the pop up beasts whilst cool for the first 20 plays get frustrating and in the way. Games feel like a marathon. The theme is integrated amazingly though and the call outs are fantastic. Into the fire mini wizard is AWESOME! Barrel chase and 5 army battle? are a bit of a let down after how good into the fire is! Into the fire gets your blood pumping, barrel chase is a bit meh and I think I just got a bit disinterested in getting to 5 army battle because it’s such a journey to get there! I think the kids might like it with the pop up beasts but the long games got old for me quick.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Audioenslaved.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-new-machines-have-the-deepest-ruleset?tu=Audioenslaved and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.