Topic Stats

• 82 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which of these classic music themed machines should be the next to get a makeover with classic songs by the original artist?”

• Elton John- he is the biggest selling, most iconic of them all and has the greatest music library to choose from. Plus he played pinball in a movie. 25 votes
    9%
  • Ted Nugent- only if it includes live tracks from Double Live Gonzo. 27 votes
    10%
  • Dolly Parton- after all how many recording artists have their own amusement park? 5 votes
    2%
  • Roy Clark- but only if it stays true to the original and comes as a cocktail table. 7 votes
    3%
  • Doesn't matter which one as I will be looking to liquidate pinball machines and pre-order the LE as each is announced. 0 votes
  • I already have four boutique machines on order, three from the same company, so I won't have money or space once they start to ship. 2 votes
    1%
  • You're kidding, right? 88 votes
    33%
  • Bacon! 115 votes
    43%

(269 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

44df (resized).png
imagasdfe-4.jpg
image-5.jpg
SNF.jpg
image.jpg
images.jpg
milli-vanilli-girl-im-gonna-miss-you-arista.jpg
Backglass.jpg
ewf-bb.jpg
Tommy Addams 027.JPG
dscn2662.jpg
odinpole D.jpg
Roy.jpg
Dolly.jpg
Captain.jpg
TED.JPG
There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

Before GnR came along in 1994 there were many great music themed pins. The only problem is most were lacking the actual music of the artists. With the recent success of other music makeovers like the Rolling Stones and Kiss, it only makes sense to do the others next. Dolly Parton, Roy Clark, Elton John, and of course Ted Nugent should be high on the list. I will add a poll later. Help me with the ones I forgot.
TED.JPGTED.JPG.
Captain.jpgCaptain.jpg

#2 8 years ago

Bump for Dolly!

Dolly.jpgDolly.jpg

#3 8 years ago

Roy is trying to stay entertained here. Come on people! Show the love....

Roy.jpgRoy.jpg

#4 8 years ago

When I started this thread I was sure there would be some response especially after the warm reception the recently made over Kiss machine is getting. But since there has been absolutely zero response or enthusiasm, I decided to edit the topic title and add a pole anyway.

Cheers!

#5 8 years ago

Debating between "you're kidding" and "bacon" options.

#6 8 years ago

I'm in for bacon, and Ted nugent.

#7 8 years ago

Try me again in 20 years when they decide to do a Green Day pin.

#8 8 years ago

Veruca Salt

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

add a pole anyway.

odinpole D.jpgodinpole D.jpg

#10 8 years ago

We need another disco fever

If stern can bring back real pop bumper caps, then they can bring back banana flippers!!!

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

there were many great music themed pins

dscn2662.jpgdscn2662.jpg

#12 8 years ago

Captain Fantastic for sure. Nugent, maybe Nugent/Outdoors Theme.

Would Dolly like another machine with herself on it, maybe? Is there enough C/W fans that would purchase a Dolly Parton?

Some how you managed to skipped over Guys & Dolls?

#13 8 years ago

Roy Clark. Who knows what we could do in a modern cocktail table? No one's tried one in a while. Probably nothing exciting...

#14 8 years ago

This thread coulda been great, coulda been a contenda!!!

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Some how you managed to skipped over Guys & Dolls?

Quoted from underlord:

This thread coulda been great, coulda been a contenda!!!

Where were you guys 8 hours ago? It started out serious enough. For me it would be Ted although I chose bacon because I was hungry. I have given up on trying to get a newer band theme machine, as that will never happen. But these four are ripe for the picking now that we know how pinball marketing works in the 21st century.

#16 8 years ago

Dolly Parton

She's a gilf & her initials are DP so you know she's DTF

She's a trooper tramp too. One time she said "It takes a lot of money to look this cheap"

#17 8 years ago

Everybody must be fed now as bacon is starting to see some competition in the poll. Come on people! Let's show those manufacturers what we really want!

#18 8 years ago

Im down with an updated elvis/tom jones brunswick ALIVE
Backglass.jpgBackglass.jpg

#19 8 years ago

I've already got Dolly Parton and Roy Clark but I would be down for a Neil Diamond pin should they ever make one!

#20 8 years ago

Tommy by Data East should have the Original music by The Who. I just don't care for the tracks form the stage performance.

Tommy Addams 027.JPGTommy Addams 027.JPG
#21 8 years ago

ewf-bb.jpgewf-bb.jpg

#22 8 years ago

Nugent in modern tech would be amazing.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

We need another disco fever

I'm really surprised Kiss's venture into the world of disco is no where to be found on the track list of the recent make-over.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Everybody must be fed now as bacon is starting to see some competition in the poll. Come on people! Let's show those manufacturers what we really want!

Its Mothers Day. Some people might be out, as Mom might not allow them to use the phone at the table.

#25 8 years ago

Has anyone updated The music from Tommy yet? With all of the custom roms floating around I find it hard to believe there isnt one for that game

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

Has anyone updated The music from Tommy yet? With all of the custom roms floating around I find it hard to believe there isnt one for that game

I keep wishing for that as well. The Who was much better than some broadway act.

#27 8 years ago

I've seen a nugent that plays nugent

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I've seen a nugent that plays nugent

But will it blow the balls off a charging rhino at 30 paces?

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm really surprised Kiss's venture into the world of disco is no where to be found on the track list of the recent make-over.

I'm not.

That shit sucks.

#30 8 years ago

I dunno guys.
I Was Made for Lovin You is my strippers' anthem.

#31 8 years ago

Roy Clark Malaguana LE ?
Im down.

#32 8 years ago

I just ate a B.L.T. so I gotta give it up for bacon.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from doublestack:

I just ate a B.L.T. so I gotta give it up for bacon.

A lot of bacon is what I made Mamma for Mammas Day. Who doesnt want bacon with every meal ? Its a law in IN.

#35 8 years ago

Bacon, waffle, and omelet for breakfast. Grilled cheese/bacon/tomato for dinner. That shit will get you laid, guaranteed.

#36 8 years ago

Very good of you o-din to conduct a poll and do some pinball market research.
Results clearly indicate there is big interest in producing a bacon themed pinball machine.

Hmmm. What music to go with it?
Need more input from Pinsiders on music selection.
Dueling banjos could be one of the songs.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Results clearly indicate there is big interest in producing a bacon themed pinball machine.
Hmmm. What music to go with it?
Need more input from Pinsiders on music selection.
Dueling banjos could be one of the songs.

Not to start an argument but this should be all the soundtrack you need.

#38 8 years ago

At least Roy Clark is "Entertaining"

Honestly though zero interest here.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Thank you sir! But do you think it might have been better to have done this poll with bacon before Kiss had been announced?

#40 8 years ago

Pinball manuf's do a great job of installing features that cater to our senses of touch, hearing, and seeing.

The bacon pin will be the first pin to also incorporate the smell of bacon cooking into gameplay.
When certain targets hit and/or modes completed, then some bacon scent will be puffed out the bottom or back of cabinet. Of course there will be a setting that allows you to disable this feature.

Just to clarify, I voted for an upgraded Ted Nugent pin, complete with a lot of speakers, a sub and an amp.

#41 8 years ago

Ted was as big as they come back in the day. I saw him for the first time at Anaheim Stadium with Lynyrd Skynyrd just a few weeks before the fatal plane crash. Then again in front of half a million people at Cal Jam 2. Most recently a few years ago in Vegas. Ted is still ripping it up.

#42 8 years ago

The Bee Gees.

The gods of disco with a Saturday Night Fever - Studio 54 dance floor playfield display and remastered tracks:

You Should Be Dancin'
Night Fever
Tragedy
Stayin' Alive
Nights on Broadway
Jive Talkin'

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

A lot of bacon is what I made Mamma for Mammas Day. Who doesnt want bacon with every meal ? Its a law in IN.

Damn straight. In swine we trust.

#44 8 years ago

Well it looks like bacon has the majority of votes in this poll. I'm guessing those tasty, crispy little strips would have beat out Kiss as well. Since there isn't much interest in rehashing these titles and music from the 21st century is a long way off from getting into a pinball machine, I started another thread that might bear some relevance on which way the pinball industry is heading.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-40s-era-band-would-make-the-best-pinball-theme

#45 8 years ago

What about these guys?

milli-vanilli-girl-im-gonna-miss-you-arista.jpgmilli-vanilli-girl-im-gonna-miss-you-arista.jpg
#46 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

those tasty, crispy little strips would have beat out Kiss as well

Especially on toast smeared with Peanut Butter. Yum!

#47 8 years ago

Chocolate covered bacon FTW!

2 months later
#48 8 years ago

Now that Kiss has shipped and many think it is the greatest machine since Wheel of Fortune, I thought it would be a good time to revive this thread and see if we can get these other games done.

#49 8 years ago

Re-do Gottlieb Punk as Sex Pistols or DK

images.jpgimages.jpg

#50 8 years ago

I vote bacon, bacon strips to be more exact.
You tube epic meal time!
I suggest fast food lasagna to start

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Woodhaven, MI
$ 29.00
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
Flipper Parts
TheDudeMods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 27.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
€ 25.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pin-Decals

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-music-theme-pin-should-be-the-next-to-get-a-rework-and-makeover and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.