• MET and IMDN 18 votes
    51%
  • AC/DC and IMDN 5 votes
    14%
  • MET and AC/DC 12 votes
    34%

(35 votes)

#1 9 months ago

Several music themed pins in the last decade will go down with others as modern classics - MET, AC/DC, and IMDN.

If you were held to only TWO that could enter the hall of fame together, which would they be ..and why?

#2 9 months ago

Met & Maiden for me. Never been an ACDC fan though

Met Rules are just awesome; CIU modes are visionary!
IMDN layout will probably be the blip in a decade of similarity

#3 9 months ago

I'm hoping to have an AC/DC next to my MET at some point. Classic games and enjoy the music!

Iron Maiden ... not nearly as much.

#4 9 months ago

Met and Maiden. Both have the entire package that will keep them classics.

#5 9 months ago

How does Aerosmith fit into the mix of music pins?

#6 9 months ago

Rolling Stones is pretty underrated.

#7 9 months ago

Why limit to just 2?

#8 9 months ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

Bottom of the new ones going by it's selling price.

Quoted from Silverballer:

Why limit to just 2?

Can you name more modern classics? Aerosmith no, Kiss no, Primus ha, Beatles could be but the price and SS-ness of it will keep it off many a radar

#9 9 months ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

Great to look at; painful to play:

Ear wrenching sounds and call outs; music doesn’t fit well with pinball (and I like Aerosmith). Has an overall poor ruleset, but does have a cool toy with sparky and is a nice pin to look at. Disclaimer: this is my opinion. I’m sure this game appeases some people, but Not all games can be instant classics like MET, ACDC, and IMDN.

#10 9 months ago

Maiden and Metallica are obviously the choice here.

#11 9 months ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Why limit to just 2?

All three are fantastic, a rock trilogy of pinball greatness.
Limiting poll to two just leads to a better discussion is all.

#12 9 months ago

So I guess The Rolling Stones isn't even a contender?

#13 9 months ago

Bashing Mick on a stick is fun. I will give it that. When I posted "why just 2" I was little put off because I had been standing outside for way too long and was getting cold. Sorry if it came across like trolling. I think ACDC, MET and Maiden are all great pins and I am thankful that they were made.

#14 9 months ago

KISS!

#15 9 months ago

From best to worst

Iron Maiden - modern classic. Amazing playfield, great art, OK LCD, the music is fine for pinball. Kudos for not tying the song playing to the mode in play.

Metallica - I'm not as high on it as other people, but it looks great, shoots great, neat toys on the premium, and other people praise the code.

ACDC - Loaded playfield and great code. Lower playfield is kinda lame and the Pro needs a sticker to make it tolerable to look at.

The Beatles - not worth the price, but great art and LCD and I do like the updates to Seawitch. The music is so-so

Primus - I like EMs, I like Primus, and I like the art. It's neat that they got Claypool to do a bunch of callouts for it.

Aerosmith - Amazing looks, so-so game with cool toys. Some of the song selections are questionable

Kiss - Dislike the game, the art, and the band. Haven't seen the new code, but I am just not into this game at all. The Gene Simmons bash toy is ugly AF.

Elvis - Idk. I'll show him some hometown love I guess.

Rolling Stones - Fuck mick on a stick. The art is laughably bad. I'd rather not play pinball than play this game

#16 9 months ago

My Met is bolted to floor. This pin has it all great art/code/game play and theme(music). Defiantly a top contender.

2nd choice is tough as I believe both AS and RZSSI are sleepers. AS is a fun game if you don’t take Pinball to serious.
RZ you need to play it in a home environment to fully appreciate it. More going on than it appears, takes about 20 games to understand the game and best strategies to progress. Game not for everyone but if you like unique layouts that are fast and brutal this is for you.

Played maiden good game but just can’t get into it.

Just my 2 cents

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside