(Topic ID: 233445)

Which Munsters are you in on? Or are Skipping it?

By Marcdaddy

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which Munsters are you buying?”

• Buying a Munsters Premium 121 votes
    17%
  • Buying a Munsters Pro 83 votes
    12%
  • Buying a Munsters LE 100 votes
    14%
  • Sitting this one out 393 votes
    56%

(Multiple choice - 697 votes by 685 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190117_124632 (resized).jpg
20190117_125317 (resized).jpg
20190117_124622 (resized).jpg
20190117_124643 (resized).jpg
20190117_124612 (resized).jpg
20190117_125344 (resized).jpg
20190117_130930 (resized).jpg
20190117_125328 (resized).jpg
20190117_125949 (resized).jpg
nwNv0je.gif
Zombo (resized).jpg
s-l300-1 (resized).jpg
495C1028-C5A6-4A2A-B7C5-8BC3BB99FF49 (resized).jpeg
70F84D46-D37D-4DA4-82F0-A8A4FBF2AF0D (resized).jpeg
I've made a huge mistake.png
bingo.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#165 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I’ll prob go premium or le in a year, maybe two, maybe never...
The good: lower pf will be awesome. Way better design than stewie and AC/DC. Plus resale of nib is on the way down, big time.
The absolute bad: Dwight is horrendously bad with finishing code (GB, GOT etc) and incomplete code kills all the hard work that went into design.

I don't worry about resale value because when i buy a game i plan on keeping it forever. That obviously doesn't always work out that way but if i keep a game 2 or 3 years or whatever and have to take a little loss on it im ok with that because i got to enjoy it for a good while.

#212 5 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Good question, I guess I view all of the titles from the 60's being the biggest disconnect to me.. Beatles, Batman66, and now Munsters were all in their prime in the 60's and possibly early 70's. While I appreciate retro to some extent, I don't like Beatles music that much (I'll listen to them if they are on, but not something I would pick to play), and I'm not nostalgic enough to want to watch an old episode of Batman or Munsters... those were shows I watched in syndication when I was in middle school and haven't really watched since. I liked them then, but seeing the old Munsters clips doesn't make me hate it.. I just don't feel a connection anymore.
With these old themes I feel like I'm forcing myself to like them because they are tied into a hobby I really like (Pinball). But like I said, good layouts and code really is the biggest thing in the end. To that extent, I wait titles out like Munsters and try and pick up a used when when I know if the code is up to snuff or not.

They target the customers who are buying most of these games and that happens to be people that grew up in the days that those shows were popular. Most people love the nostalgia and do enjoy revisiting it, i know that i do. I love BM66 and The Munsters., old rock bands etc. Stern still throws some newer themes in there for the younger people also like TWD and GOT, GOTG etc. I think Stern mixes it up pretty good.

#251 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

No question this game drops in price on the used market. No question. Percent of how much is up to debate but unless you need this game nib, the smarter play is used huo.
I wouldn't buy any of the models but if I had to, pro all the way.

Dont all games drop in price on the used market pretty much? Also who’s buying to sell anyway? Man your hate for this game is starting to remind me of Rarehero’s hate for Ghostbusters. This game is going to go down as one of Sterns best titles of all time, I guarantee it.

#260 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I don’t know what I enjoy reading more Who-Dey, your “best of all time” predictions each release or Wacky flip flopping over which model he’s going to buy!
Great stuff guys!

I’m glad that i can entertain you. I like to make people laugh!

#287 5 years ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

I don't think I will miss the mini playfield one bit.

This is exactly what i am thinking also.

#289 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Lower playfield really dont add much depth and seems to b used a good bit...which i think will get old fairly quickly.

If it was only used in maybe a mini wizard mode or something that was hard to get to i would probably get a Premium, but it definitely seems like its used more often than i would like it to be.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-munsters-are-you-in-on-or-are-skipping-it?tu=who-dey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.