(Topic ID: 233445)

Which Munsters are you in on? Or are Skipping it?

By Marcdaddy

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which Munsters are you buying?”

• Buying a Munsters Premium 121 votes
    17%
  • Buying a Munsters Pro 83 votes
    12%
  • Buying a Munsters LE 100 votes
    14%
  • Sitting this one out 393 votes
    56%

(Multiple choice - 697 votes by 685 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190117_124632 (resized).jpg
20190117_125317 (resized).jpg
20190117_124622 (resized).jpg
20190117_124643 (resized).jpg
20190117_124612 (resized).jpg
20190117_125344 (resized).jpg
20190117_130930 (resized).jpg
20190117_125328 (resized).jpg
20190117_125949 (resized).jpg
nwNv0je.gif
Zombo (resized).jpg
s-l300-1 (resized).jpg
495C1028-C5A6-4A2A-B7C5-8BC3BB99FF49 (resized).jpeg
70F84D46-D37D-4DA4-82F0-A8A4FBF2AF0D (resized).jpeg
I've made a huge mistake.png
bingo.gif
There are 329 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
#301 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I'm hesitant due to the rules. I understand there are different layers, but 3 layers of the same cake still feels like I'm having a slice of 1 cake.

Please don’t let this be like Star Trek “levels”

#302 5 years ago

I absolutly love the cabinet and back glass on the premium but wish it could be paired with a color playfield. If I get on it will likley be the premium.

#303 5 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

I just realized Zombo is missing on the Pro's playfield. No Crumble Creatures, no deal!
[quoted image]
I'm glad I ended up going with the LE.

Nope, but he is on the TV in the backglass on the pro.

#304 5 years ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

Nope, but he is on the TV in the backglass on the pro.

Oh, yes, I know Zombo is on the Pro's backglass. But where are the Crumble Creatures, huh? Yeah, I didn't think so!

#305 5 years ago

Oh, yes, I know Zombo is on the Pro's backglass. But where are the Crumble Creatures, huh? Yeah, I didn't think so!

Yep, you do have a legitimate gripe. I’d like to see the Crumble Creatures too.

#306 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This is the first thought that went into my head after listening to Dwight describe the rules on H2H. ST is real bland and I hope this is nothing like it. The saving grace here hopefully is that if the modes do go into different levels that it feels worth it and the LCD screen can explain the subtle differences while you progress.

It's all about getting that info to the player as we get deeper (and better) rule sets. As it stands I remain optimistic, and personally the reason I'm just on the fence is the theme as a location game. It is great to look at so that is a huge plus to casual players.

It's definitely a gamble if it will be popular on route.

#307 5 years ago

Was ready to go Pro but now Premium looks more appealing in a unique kind of way.....

#308 5 years ago
Quoted from doublestack:

This is the first thought that went into my head after listening to Dwight describe the rules on H2H. ST is real bland and I hope this is nothing like it.

Not according to Marty! Haven't you heard on every single podcast that ST is the greatest game ever made cuz only constant flow matters and he doesn't understand rules?!

#309 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not according to Marty! Haven't you heard on every single podcast that ST is the greatest game ever made cuz only constant flow matters and he doesn't understand rules?!

Sarcasm aside, having actually played @martymainframe's STLE, i can definitely see why he loves the machine so much. It is beautiful in every sense of the word (great art / stacked with extras / fast flowing shots and rules that keep you coming back to it.

#310 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Huge Trek fan and was very excited to get a Star Trek premium. However the game didnt last all that long last in my collection. The modes just felt too similar to one another. After a while it felt more like work than fun to progress through the game.

nwNv0je.gifnwNv0je.gif

Munsters modes look a bit more varied than Star Trek and the humor of the game with the LCD should help. Looking forward to playing Munsters prem and pro at TPF.

#311 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Lesson was learned from AC/DC...AC/DC Pro's art looked like a giant decal and screamed "MISSING FEATURE". Munster's just has nice art on the playfield, it doesn't seem like anything is missing if you buy that version.

You funny.

#312 5 years ago

I'll be in on a Premium somewhere down the road, prob not NIB though. The novelty of the B/W artwork is just too cool. I think there's plenty of color from the inserts and the leds themselves. Really surprised that I like the looks of this game so much. The wife is way on board too. Watching Dwight go over the shots and rules was cool. Some of the light shows for the various modes are killer.

#313 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well, they only have the same coder in common.

#314 5 years ago

Dwight came in at the end of coding Star Trek. Lonnie and Tanio did most of the coding way before Dwight.

Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Well, they only have the same coder in common.

#315 5 years ago

I think the premium looks like a cool package. I really need to see how that lower playfield feels to play. The different ball size has me wanting to get some good time with it first.

I'm one of the few people that really likes the lower playfield on AC/DC. I think it's a great lower playfield where all the shots are nice and I appreciate the full-sized pinball.

I really like the idea of simultaneous playfield play here. It probably won't be until TPF that I get to see the premium in person, however. So it's going to be a while before I make any sort of buying decision. The game sure looks nice though!

#316 5 years ago

I'm leaning heavy towards the pro because I think the colors really pop and I don't think I'll miss the lower playfield. Also a financial decision, because I'm not rolling in $$$ and it's so much cheaper than the other models.

That said ... the main reason I'm posting is to point out that the least expensive model has different art on all sides of the cabinet and translite. I'm sure, I'm not the only one who spotted this, or maybe even commented on it, but I like getting the best bang for the buck. I really love seeing that the sides are not simply mirrored images.

I enjoy looking at my pins even when I'm not playing them ... Well, I can only play one pin at a time.

#317 5 years ago

Went to Game Exchange today to play the pro and the premium. Pro all the way. The BW premium is butt ugly and not worth the $1,600 for that stupid mini play field. When you hit the ball over the clear plastic on the Playfield the ball jumps like it's a raised insert, so that's going to be a problem in the future if the new ones that way already.

20190117_125317 (resized).jpg20190117_125317 (resized).jpg20190117_124632 (resized).jpg20190117_124632 (resized).jpg20190117_124612 (resized).jpg20190117_124612 (resized).jpg20190117_124622 (resized).jpg20190117_124622 (resized).jpg20190117_125344 (resized).jpg20190117_125344 (resized).jpg20190117_130930 (resized).jpg20190117_130930 (resized).jpg20190117_125328 (resized).jpg20190117_125328 (resized).jpg20190117_125949 (resized).jpg20190117_125949 (resized).jpg20190117_124643 (resized).jpg20190117_124643 (resized).jpg
#318 5 years ago

I also played some today at Game Exchange. My observations from the other thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/109#post-4792286

We differ in our opinions on the B&W, but share concerns on the mini pf.

#319 5 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

Went to Game Exchange today to play the pro and the premium. Pro all the way. The BW premium is butt ugly and not worth the $1,600 for that stupid mini play field. When you hit the ball over the clear plastic on the Playfield the ball jumps like it's a raised insert, so that's going to be a problem in the future if the new ones that way already.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’m the guy photobombing your pictures. Sorry I didn’t get out of the way sooner ...

#320 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’m the guy photobombing your pictures. Sorry I didn’t get out of the way sooner ...

LOL. no worries.

#322 5 years ago

I dont know about you guys but im digging the pro. I have one on order and im i made the right choice.

#323 5 years ago

I did too and think it will be fun to add just a couple of simple mods to finish it off

#324 5 years ago

I’m in on the pro I don’t ? My pick one bit. I really love the B&W premium because it’s just different and it fits the theme perfect , but I think the lower playfield will slow down the flow . I’ll love the flow of the pro and the colors are just awesome , plus I also think the code updates will really bring it together and I’m willing to enjoy the progress . Can’t wait !!!

#325 5 years ago

B&W playfield looks like pure sex, I love it. Regarding ball hop on the lower playfield I'm sure this is a simple adjustment like all windows on a playfield in the last 30 yrs.

#326 5 years ago

Is the lower playfield window plastic or glass? Wondering how well it’ll hold up over time. No dimples, anyway, I guess.

#327 5 years ago

Is the lower playfield window plastic or glass? Wondering how well it’ll hold up over time. No dimples, anyway, I guess.

I believe the window is replaceable.

1 week later
#328 5 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

The BW premium ... When you hit the ball over the clear plastic on the Playfield the ball jumps like it's a raised insert, so that's going to be a problem in the future if the new ones that way already.

Agh, that's too bad. I wondered if it would have that same problem as every AC/DC vault I've played: the ball path being perturbed every game to more or less degree. I wondered if they might improve the design: but it looks exactly the same on your picture. That design may be more serviceable but the original premium design was better integrated and more play-friendly.

#329 5 years ago

My JJ Pirates is insanely hard and the rules are convoluted, however, I'm not so frustrated with it as to go completely in the opposite direction. This game just looks way too simple without much to do.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 329 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-munsters-are-you-in-on-or-are-skipping-it/page/7?hl=crazypinballguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.