(Topic ID: 233445)

Which Munsters are you in on? Or are Skipping it?

By Marcdaddy

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which Munsters are you buying?”

• Buying a Munsters Premium 121 votes
    17%
  • Buying a Munsters Pro 83 votes
    12%
  • Buying a Munsters LE 100 votes
    14%
  • Sitting this one out 393 votes
    56%

(Multiple choice - 697 votes by 685 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190117_124632 (resized).jpg
20190117_125317 (resized).jpg
20190117_124622 (resized).jpg
20190117_124643 (resized).jpg
20190117_124612 (resized).jpg
20190117_125344 (resized).jpg
20190117_130930 (resized).jpg
20190117_125328 (resized).jpg
20190117_125949 (resized).jpg
nwNv0je.gif
Zombo (resized).jpg
s-l300-1 (resized).jpg
495C1028-C5A6-4A2A-B7C5-8BC3BB99FF49 (resized).jpeg
70F84D46-D37D-4DA4-82F0-A8A4FBF2AF0D (resized).jpeg
I've made a huge mistake.png
bingo.gif

There are 329 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
#251 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

No question this game drops in price on the used market. No question. Percent of how much is up to debate but unless you need this game nib, the smarter play is used huo.
I wouldn't buy any of the models but if I had to, pro all the way.

Dont all games drop in price on the used market pretty much? Also who’s buying to sell anyway? Man your hate for this game is starting to remind me of Rarehero’s hate for Ghostbusters. This game is going to go down as one of Sterns best titles of all time, I guarantee it.

#252 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This game is going to go down as one of Sterns best titles of all time, I guarantee it.

I don’t know what I enjoy reading more Who-Dey, your “best of all time” predictions each release or Wacky flip flopping over which model he’s going to buy!

Great stuff guys!

#253 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I don’t know what I enjoy reading more
Who-Dey, your “best of all time” predictions each release or Wakkys flip flopping over which model to buy!
Great stuff guys!

Easy to flip flop all over this one. All 3 are great!

#254 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Easy to flip flop all over this one. All 3 are great!

Yeah, we are all F ed up in an addictive kind of way This hobby is something else.

#255 5 years ago

I am skipping this game, it gets expensive spending 6 to 8000 on a pinball machine. Will put a couple bucks in it on location somewhere or play it for free at a show.

#256 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Dont all games drop in price on the used market pretty much? Also who’s buying to sell anyway? Man your hate for this game is starting to remind me of Rarehero’s hate for Ghostbusters. This game is going to go down as one of Sterns best titles of all time, I guarantee it.

Definitely don't hate the game at all! Just don't think it's for me. Happy to see others excited for it. I'm just over the Stern rehashes.

And yes all games do lose value, munsters will be no different.

#257 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Skipping.
After all the crap I went through w/ my Ghostbusters LE, I'll never buy another Stern.

What problems did you have?

#258 5 years ago

Wow, the Pro & Prem are already on backorder in Australia!
Meaning: the end of January Pro allocation & May Premiums are all sold! So if you missed out in Aus, there may be long wait for the second allotment to hit our shores. Stern’s bank account must be going gangbusters! Good on them

#259 5 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Meaning: the end of January Pro allocation & May Premiums are all sold! So if you missed out in Aus, there may be long wait for the second allotment to hit our shores. Stern’s bank account must be going gangbusters! Good on them

Fwiw, project pinball charity just added another raffle for a pro and a premium due to the demand.

#260 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I don’t know what I enjoy reading more Who-Dey, your “best of all time” predictions each release or Wacky flip flopping over which model he’s going to buy!
Great stuff guys!

I’m glad that i can entertain you. I like to make people laugh!

#261 5 years ago

What do I think of increasing number of LE's to 600 from 500? I think it is tacky and a greedy move. I am a man of principal and it is purely greed. Well we had overwhelming response and we could not fill all of our distributors allocation request-who gives a F*%#! Why not do the right thing and not bastardize the supposed 'Limited' number you just sold to the public. I only see two options: One is just add color to an additional Premium model and have two models-problem solved. Two-bastardize the LE model by introducing a 'SLE' with different graphics and pricing. Only thing good about adding another 100 LE's is the amount of monies it will suck out of our hobby. Waiting for some good deals to start popping up on used titles once people send their $8500+ to their distributors. I am like a vulture right now. Haw Haw-goes the vulture.

#262 5 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

PRO too stripped down without the lower playfield.
Premium too black and white for me.
LE way too expensive.
I'm out (as if I was ever in in the first place).

Totally agree Im out
Needed lower playfield on all 3
Bought a MBR LE

#263 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

U know the pro is only missing the lower playfield as far as gameplay stuff? That's really not much compared to most other titles....

That lower playfield changes the whole game for me. Its a shame the price difference needed to pay but when u bought the Sw pro I was so disappointed I needed to sell it for a premium. The games also play completely different.

#264 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Fwiw, project pinball charity just added another raffle for a pro and a premium due to the demand.

Where? Their page shows both Pro and Premium raffles closed.

#265 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Where? Their page shows both Pro and Premium raffles closed.

A new raffle gets created when the others sell out. It can sell out in weeks or months.

The faster these sell out, the more money Project Pinball has to use for the kids.

#267 5 years ago

Deleted

#268 5 years ago

Thanks for the link. Bought a ticket for the pro. Pro looks like the way to go to me. You get everything except the lower pf. Lower pf does look good but get the feeling it will get stale fast. It breaks up the flow and not really a fan of the little ball. It feels like one of those cheap pinball toys for kids. It is cool Stern squeezed ramps, loops, two flippers, and targets in that little space. Curious what that looks like underneath the pf.

#269 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Thanks for the link. Bought a ticket for the pro. Pro looks like the way to go to me. You get everything except the lower pf. Lower pf does look good but get the feeling it will get stale fast. It breaks up the flow and not really a fan of the little ball. It feels like one of those cheap pinball toys for kids. It is cool Stern squeezed ramps, loops, two flippers, and targets in that little space. Curious what that looks like underneath the pf.

Strange you say that, but the word is that it is quite literally the best mini playfield ever designed.

#270 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Strange you say that, but the word is that it is quite literally the best mini playfield ever designed.

It is a cool mini playfield with a good amount going on... that said its still a mini playfield using mini balls and flippers.

#271 5 years ago

I don’t get why they made the playfield so dark in the more expensive models. The PRO playfield looks incredible. Sucks it doesn’t have a lower mini playfield.

#272 5 years ago

Having watched the show in B&W in the '60s and '70s, I was convinced I wanted to go B&W with the Premium, but I ended up being worried what it might look like next to other more colorful games (if/when Wonka drops, it's a definite buy!) and Franchi's full color artwork is just too pretty to say no to. Amidst all of the hoot and holler about the possibility of an additional 100 LEs, I went ahead and put down a deposit on one today.

#273 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It is a cool mini playfield with a good amount going on... that said its still a mini playfield using mini balls and flippers.

Mini PF's that fit into the games flow (WH20, TSPP, TAF) are cool. Mini PF's that "take over" with mini balls/flippers are gimmick feature that gets old fast. Thanks goodness AC/DC allows you to pick songs that don't utilize the lower PF or I probably would have sold it years ago. If the Munsters mini PF is utilized often, I will be amazed if it's a hit.

#274 5 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Good news.. looks like more LEs are coming to Aus

#275 5 years ago
Quoted from xo4all:

How about a Kung Fu pin with David Carradine

Definitely in my top 5. I’m thinking the new Citizen Kane from JJP, Stern’s Brady Bunch pro, and I’m on the fence on I Love Lucy from Spooky since it’s just a reskin of Rob Zombie’s spookshow.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#276 5 years ago

I’d take a pro with black and white art..... ugh it looked so good with the colored gi and inserts

#277 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I don’t get why they made the playfield so dark in the more expensive models. The PRO playfield looks incredible. Sucks it doesn’t have a lower mini playfield.

My sentiments exactly.

#278 5 years ago

I got my 17 DVD box set today. I figure that will do it for me for a while.

The pro looks really nice, but what I’ve understood of the rules so far, it doesn’t really grab me.

#279 5 years ago

I have 2 episodes left on season 1 to watch.ordered a pro today.

#280 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I use to watch the show so much. Never thought i would own the pinball. I got to looking at my collection and realized i have a scary collection:
The Addams Family Gold
Elvira and the Party Monsters
Monster Bash
Scared Stiff
The Munsters
Maybe to much of the same theme.

Great theme!

#281 5 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

The best world for me right now would be, buy a premium and a LE playfield and then do a swap. Love the art on the Prem Glass and cab, the color PF with lower PF is nice from the LE, but who knows maybe stern will release a Muntser's Vault Prem in which the PF will be in color.

But wouldn’t ya think a color premium vault edition could be a couple years down the road, at best? Pinball years are like dog years, hard to be that patient!

#282 5 years ago

Well, that’s the gamble I guess...get a full color LE now (with the somewhat less diserable cabinet art) or wait for the possibility of a full color Premium.

Personally, I chose the LE because I really appreciate Franchi’s beautiful art in colour and didn’t want to risk a Premium never being made in color. I also dig the Pro art package but wanted the extra gameplay of the mini-pf.

Now in saying this I think the b&w Premium is also very cool; and true to the original b&w episodes.

I’ve posted a few times that IMO all models look awesome and the theme is very well integrated across all 3 editions. Really nice job done by Stern on this title.

#283 5 years ago

Just ordered a Pro for my 60th birthday present....a mid February delivery date.

#284 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I don't know about that. It's no monkey pounding the ball like Congo.

#285 5 years ago

I will be in for a Pro.

I played all 3 models extensively at CES and absolutely loved the game.

I had already reserved an LE but once I saw it in person, I did not love the cabinet artwork, plus, although the mini playfield looked nice on the LE (and Premium), playing it did not do much for me.

As for the Premium, I thought the cabinet was outstanding in black & white but didn't love the black & white playfield.

By getting the Pro, I certainly feel I am getting the best art package (overall) and I don't think I will miss the mini playfield one bit.

Just my opinion.

#286 5 years ago

Is anyone concerned about having the double flipper button setup on the Premium and LE? Service, comfortability, the 2 playfield multiball with 4 buttons? I think they all look great as far as art, the pro is loaded for the price and would make money on location, but i feel I would want to have the lower playfield to add to the depth, as the game thus far seems to be pick a shot and hit it after you get your multipliers up..

#287 5 years ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

I don't think I will miss the mini playfield one bit.

This is exactly what i am thinking also.

#288 5 years ago
Quoted from Jneiport:

Is anyone concerned about having the double flipper button setup on the Premium and LE? Service, comfortability, the 2 playfield multiball with 4 buttons? I think they all look great as far as art, the pro is loaded for the price and would make money on location, but i feel I would want to have the lower playfield to add to the depth, as the game thus far seems to be pick a shot and hit it after you get your multipliers up..

Lower playfield really dont add much depth and seems to b used a good bit...which i think will get old fairly quickly.

#289 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Lower playfield really dont add much depth and seems to b used a good bit...which i think will get old fairly quickly.

If it was only used in maybe a mini wizard mode or something that was hard to get to i would probably get a Premium, but it definitely seems like its used more often than i would like it to be.

#290 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If it was only used in maybe a mini wizard mode or something that was hard to get to i would probably get a Premium, but it definitely seems like its used more often than i would like it to be.

The pro really is loaded and has nearly everything the other models have..... the pro has amazing artwork and is basically 2k cheaper. If the premium was maybe 6-6200 id think about just getting it... but no way just that mini playfield with mini balls and flippers is worth the extra 2k. Especially when the pro art is so bright and vibrant....

#291 5 years ago

One thing I heard through the "grape vine" is the software settings on the Premium/LE will let you switch between the Pro & Premium/LE rules (effectively bypassing the lower PF if that's your preference). Don't believe this has ever been done...kind of interesting

#292 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'm hesitant due to the rules. I understand there are different layers, but 3 layers of the same cake still feels like I'm having a slice of 1 cake.

#293 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

One thing I heard through the "grape vine" is the software settings on the Premium/LE will let you switch between the Pro & Premium/LE rules (effectively bypassing the lower PF if that's your preference). Don't believe this has ever been done...kind of interesting

This is true .... people sld just get the pro then and save 2k lol...

#294 5 years ago

Decided to order a LE today. Looks really nice. I also like the premium machine black and white look. You cant go wrong with either one!

#295 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I'm hesitant due to the rules. I understand there are different layers, but 3 layers of the same cake still feels like I'm having a slice of 1 cake.

At least it has more layers and gets more difficult as you progress..... it cld just start over like most pins.

#296 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

This is true .... people sld just get the pro then and save 2k lol...

That's what I'm doing. Love the B&W, but the Pro art package rocks and I'm pretty certain I won't miss the lower PF. If I'm wrong, can always upgrade after playing a Premium/LE.

#297 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

That's what I'm doing. Love the B&W, but the Pro art package rocks and I'm pretty certain I won't miss the lower PF. If I'm wrong, can always upgrade after playing a Premium/LE.

Agreed... this is what I'm doing also....

#298 5 years ago

I too try and avoid the acdc mini playfield. Spending 2500$ after tax for something I probably wont like is non starter. It looks like the finest mini playfield I have ever seen but still not interested. Tz upper playfield is something I actually enjoy though.

All 3 look great but the pro is exactly what fits my needs both aesthetically and physically so thats what i ordered.

#299 5 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Decided to order a LE today. Looks really nice. I also like the premium machine black and white look. You cant go wrong with either one!

+1

#300 5 years ago

I just realized Zombo is missing on the Pro's playfield. No Crumble Creatures, no deal!

Crumble CreaturesCrumble Creatures

I'm glad I ended up going with the LE.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
5,450 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MICHIGAN
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 329 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-munsters-are-you-in-on-or-are-skipping-it/page/6?hl=loveneverdiesguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.