(Topic ID: 233445)

Which Munsters are you in on? Or are Skipping it?

By Marcdaddy

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which Munsters are you buying?”

• Buying a Munsters Premium 121 votes
    17%
  • Buying a Munsters Pro 83 votes
    12%
  • Buying a Munsters LE 100 votes
    14%
  • Sitting this one out 393 votes
    56%

(Multiple choice - 697 votes by 685 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190117_124632 (resized).jpg
20190117_125317 (resized).jpg
20190117_124622 (resized).jpg
20190117_124643 (resized).jpg
20190117_124612 (resized).jpg
20190117_125344 (resized).jpg
20190117_130930 (resized).jpg
20190117_125328 (resized).jpg
20190117_125949 (resized).jpg
nwNv0je.gif
Zombo (resized).jpg
s-l300-1 (resized).jpg
495C1028-C5A6-4A2A-B7C5-8BC3BB99FF49 (resized).jpeg
70F84D46-D37D-4DA4-82F0-A8A4FBF2AF0D (resized).jpeg
I've made a huge mistake.png
bingo.gif
There are 329 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
#201 5 years ago

My first reaction to Munsters was that it sounded interesting and that I would probably like it, but once I saw the pin and the streams I realized that I hadn't seen an episode of Munsters in about 30 years... and while I liked Munsters then and enjoyed it then, it doesn't translate to the same experience watching it now.

The things that they integrated that are very much a part of the show are now a big part of the experience of playing the pin (Herman interactions, canned laughing, etc.) and it just seems a little outdated and uninteresting to me now... even though I like pinball and feel like I should like it the theme doesn't click like I thought it would.

For now I'm out. I kind of feel like Stern is just throwing themes at a wall and seeing what sticks and not caring what the masses really want (Beatles, WWF, old Batman, Deadpool w/o the movie theme, and now Munsters) and trying to make theme's cool again by themselves, but that's just my opinion.

That being said, to me excellent gameplay, flow, and killer code can overcome theme in many cases.

#202 5 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

Looking for a used one for 30% off the list. Let someone else take the depreciation.

... likely not gonna happen for a while if at all. I'd bet a huo used pro will still sell for 5000-5400 .... that's been my experience with newer lcd pros at least. Now the premiums and le seem to take a much bigger hit in most cases. No way 30 percent tho .

#203 5 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

Looking for a used one for 30% off the list. Let someone else take the depreciation.

You will have to refresh that want ad a lot before something becomes available! Patience my grasshopper....

#204 5 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

My first reaction to Munsters was that it sounded interesting and that I would probably like it, but once I saw the pin and the streams I realized that I hadn't seen an episode of Munsters in about 30 years... and while I liked Munsters then and enjoyed it then, it doesn't translate to the same experience watching it now.
The things that they integrated that are very much a part of the show are now a big part of the experience of playing the pin (Herman interactions, canned laughing, etc.) and it just seems a little outdated and uninteresting to me now... even though I like pinball and feel like I should like it the theme doesn't click like I thought it would.
For now I'm out. I kind of feel like Stern is just throwing themes at a wall and seeing what sticks and not caring what the masses really want (Beatles, WWF, old Batman, Deadpool w/o the movie theme, and now Munsters) and trying to make theme's cool again by themselves, but that's just my opinion.
That being said, to me excellent gameplay, flow, and killer code can overcome theme in many cases.

Hey Eric, I'm curious...what do the masses really want

From my perspective, licensing is one Stern's strong points. They seem to have a healthy mix of retro (Batman, Beatles, Munsters) and modern licenses (GOT, StarWars, StarTrek). Pretty cool they did IMDN, not the most mainstream band...Zeppelin and Pink Floyd are much more "mainstream retro" bands.

#205 5 years ago

I'm really pondering buying one for route. Theme is everything for location games. I'm really struggling with this one as SW and DP were no brainers. I'm just not sure if people give AF about Munsters. I know I don't really have any emotional connection to it. What say ye?

#206 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I use to watch the show so much. Never thought i would own the pinball. I got to looking at my collection and realized i have a scary collection:

The Addams Family Gold
Elvira and the Party Monsters
Monster Bash
Scared Stiff
The Munsters

Not one of those are scary in the least. You may have too many bad humor terrible call out type pins but scary? nope

#207 5 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

That's what they said about TAF...eventually you paid more.

#208 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

That's what they said about TAF...eventually you paid more.

Only after production stops. Munsters will be in production for 3 years at least, and there will be people who sell them within that timeline. As long as a game available new, you can’t flip a used one for more.

#209 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Only after production stops. Munsters will be in production for 3 years at least, and there will be people who sell them within that timeline. As long as a game available new, you can’t flip a used one for more.

Agreed...but, I was actually talking about the LE. I don't buy a machine to "flip". TAF gold "held" it's price right away, and "eventually" (like I said) brought more.

#210 5 years ago

I already ordered a pro. I liked the steam and the theme. It will be a great addition. Every pin has negate marks but this pin has a lot to offer.

#211 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Hey Eric, I'm curious...what do the masses really want

From my perspective, licensing is one Stern's strong points. They seem to have a healthy mix of retro (Batman, Beatles, Munsters) and modern licenses (GOT, StarWars, StarTrek). Pretty cool they did IMDN, not the most mainstream band...Zeppelin and Pink Floyd are much more "mainstream retro" bands.

Good question, I guess I view all of the titles from the 60's being the biggest disconnect to me.. Beatles, Batman66, and now Munsters were all in their prime in the 60's and possibly early 70's. While I appreciate retro to some extent, I don't like Beatles music that much (I'll listen to them if they are on, but not something I would pick to play), and I'm not nostalgic enough to want to watch an old episode of Batman or Munsters... those were shows I watched in syndication when I was in middle school and haven't really watched since. I liked them then, but seeing the old Munsters clips doesn't make me hate it.. I just don't feel a connection anymore.

With these old themes I feel like I'm forcing myself to like them because they are tied into a hobby I really like (Pinball). But like I said, good layouts and code really is the biggest thing in the end. To that extent, I wait titles out like Munsters and try and pick up a used when when I know if the code is up to snuff or not.

#212 5 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Good question, I guess I view all of the titles from the 60's being the biggest disconnect to me.. Beatles, Batman66, and now Munsters were all in their prime in the 60's and possibly early 70's. While I appreciate retro to some extent, I don't like Beatles music that much (I'll listen to them if they are on, but not something I would pick to play), and I'm not nostalgic enough to want to watch an old episode of Batman or Munsters... those were shows I watched in syndication when I was in middle school and haven't really watched since. I liked them then, but seeing the old Munsters clips doesn't make me hate it.. I just don't feel a connection anymore.
With these old themes I feel like I'm forcing myself to like them because they are tied into a hobby I really like (Pinball). But like I said, good layouts and code really is the biggest thing in the end. To that extent, I wait titles out like Munsters and try and pick up a used when when I know if the code is up to snuff or not.

They target the customers who are buying most of these games and that happens to be people that grew up in the days that those shows were popular. Most people love the nostalgia and do enjoy revisiting it, i know that i do. I love BM66 and The Munsters., old rock bands etc. Stern still throws some newer themes in there for the younger people also like TWD and GOT, GOTG etc. I think Stern mixes it up pretty good.

#213 5 years ago

Looks Great loved the show and the characters ! Fred Gwynne rules ! ordered premium and LE

495C1028-C5A6-4A2A-B7C5-8BC3BB99FF49 (resized).jpeg495C1028-C5A6-4A2A-B7C5-8BC3BB99FF49 (resized).jpeg70F84D46-D37D-4DA4-82F0-A8A4FBF2AF0D (resized).jpeg70F84D46-D37D-4DA4-82F0-A8A4FBF2AF0D (resized).jpeg
#214 5 years ago

The light show at the start of the Raven multi-ball at 1 hr 48 min is pretty cool looking.......

https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip

#215 5 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

The light show at the start of the Raven multi-ball at 1 hr 48 min is pretty cool looking.......
https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip

technically 1:48:18

#216 5 years ago

I’m in on a Pro. Beautiful game and a dream theme for me. Can’t wait for it to arrive!

#217 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

Looks Great loved the show and the characters ! Fred Gwynne rules ! ordered premium and LE
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is that Butch Patrick?

#218 5 years ago

Would love to play a Pro and Premium side by side before making a decision. Absolutely love the B&W Prem - it’s so unique and in keeping with the tv show. If I were to make a decision sight/play unseen, I’d go for the Premium without a doubt.

#219 5 years ago

Timing was right, firing on all cylinders.

I’m glad Munsters got made with this new tech, LCD and full license assets.
Fantastic timing and will be an instant pinball classic. Laugh track, Paul Lynde sound alike and humor and the whole sound package is great. Not to mention that sexy art by Franchi. Just a beautiful game.

Imagine Munsters as a solid state or DMD game versus the current offering.... no thanks !

#220 5 years ago

In on an LE.
Counting down the days.....

s-l300-1 (resized).jpgs-l300-1 (resized).jpg
#221 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Not one of those are scary in the least. You may have too many bad humor terrible call out type pins but scary? nope

Its the best i could come up with at the time.

#222 5 years ago

Heard on Kaneda's latest podcast episode that Stern is increasing LE production quantity by 100 to 600 games total.

#223 5 years ago

I do like the black and white quite a bit but the ol wallet is empty from a bit of a wpc spree.

#224 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Heard on Kaneda's latest podcast episode that Stern is increasing LE production quantity by 100 to 600 games total.

Nothing like devaluing the LE right off the bat. I don’t really consider 500 “limited”, let alone 600. With Batman LEs were truly limited with 240 LEs and 80 SLEs with each having a unique graphic/identifier.

#225 5 years ago

I have the cash and permission for any model and now Im struggling with my being a tight ass.do I get the pro which is usually my preference or the premium which in my opinion is the first premium in a while that's actually worth the price increase or say fuck it and by the LE because it looks way better than the premium artwork to me.then there's the if I'm buying a pro then just wait about 3 days after shipping for someone to play 17 games and be bored and buy a used one with no tax because we know it will happen.

#226 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

buy a used one with no tax because we know it will happen.

That’s my story.
Each model looks great but not enough to go new.

#227 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I have the cash and permission for any model and now Im struggling with my being a tight ass.do I get the pro which is usually my preference or the premium which in my opinion is the first premium in a while that's actually worth the price increase or say fuck it and by the LE because it looks way better than the premium artwork to me.then there's the if I'm buying a pro then just wait about 3 days after shipping for someone to play 17 games and be bored and buy a used one with no tax because we know it will happen.

For me, it depends on what you value the most. I like the artwork on the pro, but it doesnt have the mini playfield. The b&w on the premium is my least favorite look, but it does have the playfield. The LE is a whopping 9k, but i dont feel it offers enough extras to be worth that.
I think it would boil down to whether cab art or the mini playfield is more important.

On the pinball raffles, the buyers spoke with their dollars and finished off the premium well before the pro...which is really saying something since the cost if a ticket is 150% more.

#228 5 years ago

I could live without the basementime as I've never played a mini pf that I thought didn't take a little away from the game but the wife likes them and really likes this one.I think I could live with the basement but the color looks way better to me so if I step up I'm stepping way up.then I remember I'm a tight as lol and could get a new pro and a used pro.

#229 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Is that Butch Patrick?

I believe it is.

#230 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

For me, it depends on what you value the most. I like the artwork on the pro, but it doesnt have the mini playfield. The b&w on the premium is my least favorite look, but it does have the playfield. The LE is a whopping 9k, but i dont feel it offers enough extras to be worth that.
I think it would boil down to whether cab art or the mini playfield is more important.
On the pinball raffles, the buyers spoke with their dollars and finished off the premium well before the pro...which is really saying something since the cost if a ticket is 150% more.

50% more or 150% of the cost of the pro raffle ticket, rather than 150% more

#231 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

that's exactly what I would do, why pay nib price when you can pick up some flakes game with 100 plays on it.

#232 5 years ago

I would get a premium if I got one, but I'm not in a hurry to get it.

I'll wait and play it and see where the code is in 6 months maybe.

I'm really more interested in seeing what Brian Eddy's game is or the new Elvira game.

#233 5 years ago

Changed to skipping it now if true

#234 5 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I would get a premium if I got one, but I'm not in a hurry to get it.

I'll wait and play it and see where the code is in 6 months maybe.

I'm really more interested in seeing what Brian Eddy's game is or the new Elvira game.

This is exactly where I'm at right now, word for word.

#235 5 years ago

I like the theme, love the B&W version of the artwork. Layout isn’t exciting to me; looks like every other Borg game except for the lower PF. I’ll play it on route but that’s about it.

#236 5 years ago

Consider the source

#237 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Consider the source

Yep - he addresses this like it's a done deal, but Kaneda has been wrong on his info in the past. He has also been right on breaking news numerous times as well. Either way - I was just letting folks know FWIW and they can listen for themselves.

#238 5 years ago

Whats the street prices for pro/prem?

#239 5 years ago

I had posted in another Munsters thread that my local distributor in Toronto indicated that Stern is ‘considering’ increasing the number of LEs from 500 to 600.
He would confirm tomorrow with Stern.

Either way, I’m personally not canceling my order (as I love the color pf with the extras) and feel that a hundred more owners are likely going to be very happy.

#240 5 years ago

Yep - he addresses this like it's a done deal, but Kaneda has been wrong on his info in the past. He has also been right on breaking news numerous times as well. Either way - I was just letting folks know FWIW and they can listen for themselves.

True...I've got mine coming, so don't really care...Time for a pinside break on this title for me until after it arrives... February soon!!!

#241 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

I had posted in another Munsters thread that my local distributor in Toronto indicated that Stern is ‘considering’ increasing the number of LEs from 500 to 600.
He would confirm tomorrow with Stern.
Either way, I’m personally not canceling my order (as I love the color pf with the extras) and feel that a hundred more owners are likely going to be very happy.

You are buying a EE in lieu of LE.

#242 5 years ago

@Skyemont, in my opinion all the editions look sharp.
I’m still ok with buying an E-LE, extended limited edition.
I’m guessing we’ll get full clarification on this tomorrow.

#243 5 years ago
Quoted from fissionch1ps:

I’m holding out for Green Acres Premium.

How about a Kung Fu pin with David Carradine

#244 5 years ago

Just purchased the LE cant wait the pro was missing way to much and the premium I did not like the black and white..

#245 5 years ago
Quoted from defonze88:

Just purchased the LE cant wait the pro was missing way to much and the premium I did not like the black and white..

U know the pro is only missing the lower playfield as far as gameplay stuff? That's really not much compared to most other titles....

#246 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

... likely not gonna happen for a while if at all. I'd bet a huo used pro will still sell for 5000-5400 .... that's been my experience with newer lcd pros at least. Now the premiums and le seem to take a much bigger hit in most cases. No way 30 percent tho .

No question this game drops in price on the used market. No question. Percent of how much is up to debate but unless you need this game nib, the smarter play is used huo.

I wouldn't buy any of the models but if I had to, pro all the way.

#247 5 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

The best world for me right now would be, buy a premium and a LE playfield and then do a swap. Love the art on the Prem Glass and cab, the color PF with lower PF is nice from the LE, but who knows maybe stern will release a Muntser's Vault Prem in which the PF will be in color.

Don’t piss your money away . Pick one and be happy !! The next great thing will be out soon!!

#248 5 years ago

They should do 200 more LE! 100 B&W cabinet and color PF and 100 color cabinet and B&W PF

#249 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

No question this game drops in price on the used market. No question. Percent of how much is up to debate but unless you need this game nib, the smarter play is used huo.
I wouldn't buy any of the models but if I had to, pro all the way.

For sure everything drops nib but pros don't drop a whole lot in most cases considering the initial cost. The guy i quoted will be waiting a long while for 30 percent drop tho lol...

#250 5 years ago

Skipping.

After all the crap I went through w/ my Ghostbusters LE, I'll never buy another Stern.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 329 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-munsters-are-you-in-on-or-are-skipping-it/page/5?hl=xo4all and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.