(Topic ID: 233445)

Which Munsters are you in on? Or are Skipping it?

By Marcdaddy

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which Munsters are you buying?”

• Buying a Munsters Premium 121 votes
    17%
  • Buying a Munsters Pro 83 votes
    12%
  • Buying a Munsters LE 100 votes
    14%
  • Sitting this one out 393 votes
    56%

(Multiple choice - 697 votes by 685 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190117_124632 (resized).jpg
20190117_125317 (resized).jpg
20190117_124622 (resized).jpg
20190117_124643 (resized).jpg
20190117_124612 (resized).jpg
20190117_125344 (resized).jpg
20190117_130930 (resized).jpg
20190117_125328 (resized).jpg
20190117_125949 (resized).jpg
nwNv0je.gif
Zombo (resized).jpg
s-l300-1 (resized).jpg
495C1028-C5A6-4A2A-B7C5-8BC3BB99FF49 (resized).jpeg
70F84D46-D37D-4DA4-82F0-A8A4FBF2AF0D (resized).jpeg
I've made a huge mistake.png
bingo.gif

There are 329 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 5 years ago

I thought I was set on the Premium but I love the color on the LE, Heck the Pro looks great too. Whats everyone buying?

#2 5 years ago

Gotta play it in person first.

#3 5 years ago

two bash toys and nothing else? I'm out. Pre LCD Sterns were better.

#4 5 years ago

I liked the Munsters, way back when, but was never a fan of the theme music; after about 5 minutes of the stream, I never want to hear it again. Pass.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

I liked the Munsters, way back when, but was never a fan of the theme music; after about 5 minutes of the stream, I never want to hear it again. Pass.

Haha wow...it was a full attack on the senses. Of course at home it would be at a more tolerable level (for me anyway). Plus early code is always worse.

This ones not getting an early order from me...I'll have to play it first.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

WHAT??????

#7 5 years ago

I'm interested in an LE. If any distributors have one available, send me a PM and provide me with a quote.

Thanks

#8 5 years ago

I want to love the PREMIUM but im afraid the artwork will be too bland in person. Ive put all the playfields side by side and I wish I could have the LE playfield in the PRO cabinet.

#9 5 years ago

Maybe add an option of "I'll wait and play it to decide if I'm in". That would be my answer.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

I want to love the PREMIUM but im afraid the artwork will be too bland in person. Ive put all the playfields side by side and I wish I could have the LE playfield in the PRO cabinet.

Well the advantage of buying premium is they're a long way away and you'll know more by then.

Quoted from tripp:

Maybe add an option of "I'll wait and play it to decide if I'm in". That would be my answer.

THat's "I'm sitting this one out."

#11 5 years ago
Next!.pngNext!.png
#12 5 years ago

I got to play it first but at the moment i really like the pro and will probably get that one i love the black and white but i am not a big fan of the lower playfield.

#13 5 years ago

PRO too stripped down without the lower playfield.
Premium too black and white for me.
LE way too expensive.

I'm out (as if I was ever in in the first place).

#14 5 years ago

I will eventually get the Premium, so I chose that in the poll. This game is hitting on every level for me & the B&W package is absolutely gorgeous. Music and sound is phenomenal. Still, I want to wait and play it first...and see if it has any growing pain problems. Since I don't want the LE, no need to order at launch.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

I would love to play one, then I can see how shoots and looks in person. I’m old fashioned and like to see something and play before I buy it

#16 5 years ago

At first I was torn between prem and LE, but as the stream went on, the music became quite annoying, and the machine seems to lack depth. I think I’m sitting this one out for awhile.

#17 5 years ago

Look forward to playing this pin but the theme does nothing for me. If I did want to add this to the collection then Pre all the way.

#18 5 years ago

Skipping, but in terms of packages I like LE then Prem then Pro, just visually.

The Prem black and white is very cool, but I think the LE looks the part, as in proper limited style, extra goodies in a tasteful fashion, and I prefer the translite design.

The Prem B&W to me would have been a bolder statement with white inserts and colored LEDs under them, just go all out. It's neat! But not as committed as I would have liked. I'd probably customize the colors of the LEDs too if that was how it worked. Go less rainbow where I could, without losing useful information.

The Pro leaves me the coldest for sure. No lower playfield looks empty, and the translite is my least favorite. They're all kinda similar, so admittedly that's super subjective. I dunno if the lower playfield is even fun, but it's so obviously missing that it's hard to ignore that.

If I wanted the pin and didn't care about the money I'd go LE.

#19 5 years ago

I am not sure what I’m going to do. It’s either a pro or nothing for me. I don’t like lower playfields, it’s a flow killer on acdc, and there just isnt anything new. Looks like guardians, Metallica and iron man, which are all great games, but not sure I want another like them. I honestly don’t care about artwork so much, more interested in a great playing game

#20 5 years ago

It looks fine, but it's not jumping any of the other games already on my wish list.

#21 5 years ago

Not a lot of Pro love that's for sure.

#22 5 years ago

Never a ton of pro love here I feel like. Or maybe I just notice it more as a pro buyer?

#23 5 years ago

The poll badly needs an "Undecided" choice. Leaning toward the Premium, but can't say "I'm buying"

#24 5 years ago

Lower PF's are too toy-like for me... But it's definitely visually appealing. I'll probably get I pro if I decide to get one (after playing). But most importantly, Stern isn't getting a dime from me until they make an effort to finish Ghostbusters.

#25 5 years ago

LE.....in!!!!

#26 5 years ago

In for an LE.
Love the colored art on the pf and the extra bling.
I watched the show many years ago and the theme looks well integrated.
Personally, I think all 3 models look great.

#27 5 years ago

Gonna wait till premiums are in the wild, then check it out and decide. Not in a hurry

#28 5 years ago

Sitting out until Ghostbusters code is finished. There's no guarantee that code for Munsters will be finished with Ghostbusters code in its current state.

#29 5 years ago

SKIPPING! And happily awaiting my ACNC.

#30 5 years ago

Is the Premium PF only in gray scale? Some pics look like it has the LE PF.

I’d like the Premium a lot more with the LE PF.

#31 5 years ago

the pro has the nice art in the center of the playfield. maybe the bottom playfield might take away from gameplay. we will have to wait and see.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

the pro has the nice art in the center of the playfield. maybe the bottom playfield might take away from gameplay. we will have to wait and see.

Lesson was learned from AC/DC...AC/DC Pro's art looked like a giant decal and screamed "MISSING FEATURE". Munster's just has nice art on the playfield, it doesn't seem like anything is missing if you buy that version.

#33 5 years ago

First impressions....complete snorefest. Dated comes to mind. How many times have we seen this layout. I'm actually happy about this bc I feel like 19 is going to be a very strong year. I don't need more tempting pins.

.... And no color in a pinball? Wake me up when you're done ; )

Next

#34 5 years ago

Ordered an LE today. To be honest, I’d really prefer the LE with the Pro’s cabinet art/back glass. Love the look of the Premium, but color is one of the reasons we love pinball so much (not to mention that our game room is really colorful), so it’s not a great option. The LE cabinet art is my least favorite of the 3, but I prefer the color playfield and think that without the lower playfield that the game just doesn’t have enough to keep interest over time (so pro wouldn’t be a great option).

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Rozeks:

Ordered an LE today. To be honest, I’d really prefer the LE with the Pro’s cabinet art/back glass. Love the look of the Premium, but color is one of the reasons we love pinball so much (not to mention that our game room is really colorful), so it’s not a great option. The LE cabinet art is my least favorite of the 3, but I prefer the color playfield and think that without the lower playfield that the game just doesn’t have enough to keep interest over time (so pro wouldn’t be a great option).

I feel the exact way...and was never a "gold wow". Plus I don't think Gold outside works for Munsters. (But I'll probably order the LE anyways)

#36 5 years ago

LE for us!

#37 5 years ago

I wonder if there's a way to mix and match the pro cabinet with the LE playfield

#38 5 years ago

I’m interested in it but I’ll wait to play it first at nitro pinball.

Might finally just get an imdn and check back on Munsters later this year.

#39 5 years ago

Can’t wait to play one, but the chance of me owning one is less than 1%. Just a whisker before my time, never cared for Munsters and not much more for Adams family. Stern needs to make more for my generation. 70’s and 80’s.

#40 5 years ago

I like the theme and I’ll probably get a pro one day. The lower playfield seems like such a gimmick to me

#41 5 years ago

Have to sit this one out after buying a AFMRLE, BM66 and MBrLE in a 1 week span. My wallet said OUCH!!

#42 5 years ago

And I hated Stewie Pinball and AC/DC Prem’s lower playfield go old as crap so doubt I’d like the upgraded version and I’m always an LE or Prem Guy.

#43 5 years ago

Game looks fun, but no need to buy another incomplete game. Still waiting for Ghostbusters to be done.

#44 5 years ago

In for a LE, Backglass is my favorite of all models

Still don’t know the price yet !

#45 5 years ago

Lower playfield will make or break the game.

#46 5 years ago

It's ALL about the THEME.....

And then you have phenomenal artwork and a cool looking layout.

LE because of the art package. B&W looks cool but love the LE look and mirrored backglass.

#47 5 years ago

I really like it . Looks like it will turn into something fun ,so it Looks like a pro for me I’m willing to enjoy the code updates . I think the lower playfield is cool ,but not worth the extra cash to me . I also think it might take away from the flow a little . I will see I guess and if the b&w premiums start selling then maybe I will upgrade .

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Can’t wait to play one, but the chance of me owning one is less than 1%. Just a whisker before my time, never cared for Munsters and not much more for Adams family. Stern needs to make more for my generation. 70’s and 80’s.

I was born in '76 and consider myself an 80's kid. I loved The Munsters when I was a kid. Maybe it was a local Chicago thing, but it was on every day in syndication. I watched The Munsters, Lost In Space, and The Monkees every day for a bit!

#49 5 years ago

THE PREMIUM LOOKS TO BE THE MOST THEME APPROPRIATE IN MY OPINION.... IF I COULD I WOULD!

#50 5 years ago

Anybody else think the red stripe on either side of the LE cabinet look odd/out of place?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
12,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 39.00
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Machine - For Sale
Mishawaka, IN
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
There are 329 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-munsters-are-you-in-on-or-are-skipping-it and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.