Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

001 (resized).JPG
002 (resized).JPG
#1 3 years ago

Anyone heard of qualityarcades.com? I know there are so many people making multicades, but their cabinet work looks nice. I've checked out extremehomearcades.com which seems to be the top of the top, but for for the price and lead time not sure I want to wait and pay that much. Yes, you get what you pay for, but I'm looking at it as worst case I get tired of it (or at least my daughter does) how much would I lose. For pinballs it seems like renting as I usually get all my money back. I've already tried making a multicade form an old computer, but its quite time consuming making everything work. Also, I feel when your in front on an arcade vs tv the experience feels like it did in the 90's.

#2 3 years ago

The computer in my MAME cabinet has bit the dust for the third time. I have an image saved and will rebuild it someday. I tried a raspberry pi, the controls did not seem right to me. I'm still in research mode, but leaning toward a pandoras box. I've got to find a 4:3 ratio monitor to replace the Wells Gardner 26" monitor in it now.

#3 3 years ago

You could try arcade legends from atgames....

https://www.atgames.net/arcades/

Reviews seem decent. I have been thinking about picking one up as the control panel has a nice mix on it.... and very reasonable price

#4 3 years ago

Raspberry Pi is super easy and runs pretty smooth if you have the games running off a decent platform. I’ve tried a few different platforms and some of them have been garbage. Raspberry Pi is the easiest way to make your own and you can buy a preloaded SD card off eBay for $20.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Sputnik:

The computer in my MAME cabinet has bit the dust for the third time. I have an image saved and will rebuild it someday. I tried a raspberry pi, the controls did not seem right to me. I'm still in research mode, but leaning toward a pandoras box. I've got to find a 4:3 ratio monitor to replace the Wells Gardner 26" monitor in it now.

I'm crossing fingers every time I turn on my 30 years old New Astro City that the monitor doesn't blow. It's starting to be hard to come up with replacement ones.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

Raspberry Pi is super easy and runs pretty smooth if you have the games running off a decent platform. I’ve tried a few different platforms and some of them have been garbage. Raspberry Pi is the easiest way to make your own and you can buy a preloaded SD card off eBay for $20.

I second that, the Pibis cheap easy to run and the emulation is now excellent for anything that Mame can run

#7 3 years ago

I was trying not use use the Pi 4 as it probably won't support fighting games like Tekken 6 which I was hoping to run on it. I found a guy that makes everything from the cabinet to the system, but use a computer vs Pi. His prices seem decent as well.

#8 3 years ago

If you are able to swing it I would highly recommend the Extremehomearcades.com route. We purchased this machine in March as it is worth every penny! We have a Japanese version Vewlix sit-down machine w/ the total cost being $4800 w/ shipping included.

This multicade is loaded w/ light guns, trackball, X-Box controllers & four/eight way joysticks. Each & every game is customizable w/ screen, controller & cheat options. In approximately a month, the entire hard drive is receiving a massive upgrade from 10 to 16 Tara-bites. You are able to send your hard drive in for free anytime for any upgrades that were performed.

Just the best Multicade on the planet, plus the customer service is top notch. Anyone who plays this machine is fascinated! I really need to do a separate post topic on this machine in the near future. Anyhow, here is our Vewlix Multicade from Extremehomearcades.com >>>

001 (resized).JPG001 (resized).JPG002 (resized).JPG002 (resized).JPG
#9 3 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

If you are able to swing it I would highly recommend the Extremehomearcades.com route. We purchased this machine in March as it is worth every penny! We have a Japanese version Vewlix sit-down machine w/ the total cost being $4800 w/ shipping included.
This multicade is loaded w/ light guns, trackball, X-Box controllers & four/eight way joysticks. Each & every game is customizable w/ screen, controller & cheat options. In approximately a month, the entire hard drive is receiving a massive upgrade from 10 to 16 Tara-bites. You are able to send your hard drive in for free anytime for any upgrades that were performed.
Just the best Multicade on the planet, plus the customer service is top notch. Anyone who plays this machine is fascinated! I really need to do a separate post topic on this machine in the near future. Anyhow, here is our Vewlix Multicade from Extremehomearcades.com >>>
[quoted image][quoted image]

I’ve been looking at these!

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I've been looking at that company, but am surprised they are still using Hyperspin vs Big Box. I understand their about 6+ months lead time, but am sure they make great items just not sure I want to wait that long

#11 3 years ago

Here’s a great option. My buddy has one. Tons of games. Works and looks great. Also, well priced.

https://www.basement-arcades.com/

#12 3 years ago

easiest and most stable option is just to load an arcadeSD board into any working jamma cabinet (or covert something to jamma) depends on what games you want though since that is classics not more modern stuff.

Mame and Pi and all that other stuff can be a pain in the ass if you arent that computer savy.

Multicades are common and you shouldnt need to pay someone a ton of money to make one... youll never get your money back out of it.

90% of the time people want a mulitcade setup... get one play it a few times and then try and sell it so they always pop up for sale ( at least where i am)

#13 3 years ago

Honestly I recommend a Pandora's box 6. Can't beat the price, its plug and play, and I've found most games to play very well.

#14 3 years ago

It all boils down to what games you want to play and how much you want to spend. You can spend a few hundred if you repurpose an old cabinet and go the Pi route or spend up to several thousand going various other routes. What’s your budget?

#15 3 years ago

I think for me its nice to have all the games, but who the heck plays them all? I think I'm looking for something in the middle of not cheap couple hundred to not $6k worth. The biggest thing to me is if I don't like it or what to sell it am I going to lose 50% of the money I just paid for it. I know with pinballs if you buy right I can play for free.

3 weeks later
#16 3 years ago

Here’s another good option that I just ran across. You can get a full size cabinet which I see as a big plus.

http://retroreplayarcades.com/

#17 3 years ago

Any of these companies paying a license fee for the roms and the art? If not how is it legal to sell a cabinet with the unlicensed art and roms and why don't they get sued by the license holders?

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from Spybryon:

Any of these companies paying a license fee for the roms and the art? If not how is it legal to sell a cabinet with the unlicensed art and roms and why don't they get sued by the license holders?

I’ve actually asked myself all those same questions. Not sure how it works, but if anyone knows I am interested in hearing.

#19 3 years ago

I think they just put their company under a LLC and if they get sued they claim bankruptcy and start a new company.

Quoted from Spybryon:

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-multicade-to-buy?hl=silverbearss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.