(Topic ID: 175121)

Which Machines To Finish Off My Collection?

By EricHadley

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dmesserly
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which 4 Machines Should I Get?”

• Monster Bash, Attack From Mars, Metallica, AC/DC 14 votes
    22%
  • Monster Bash, Attack From Mars, Metallica, Indiana Jones 18 votes
    28%
  • Monster Bash, Attach From Mars, Indiana Jones and another 90's machine 13 votes
    20%
  • Something altogether different 20 votes
    31%

(65 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN5170 (resized).JPG
DSCN5169 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rondogg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think you need at least one 80's machine. A classic Stern like Seawitch or Dragonfist would be awesome. Bally has great stuff from the 80's also (Fathom, Medusa, etc).
Also, perhaps consider grabbing one game from 2017 like Dialed In or the upcoming Star Wars; then get one modern Stern like Metalica and one 90's game like MB.

He is looking at completing a cookie cutter collection. Those 80s games would require him to think out of the box.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have to agree. With a collection as big as you have, now is a good time to find a classic title from another era and branch out a bit. Giving a collection some diversity is a good time IME.
Should also ask how your colelction is used. Just you? family? friends? casuals? pinheads?
I think you would really dig a good system 11 in your colelction. Looks like you have little experience with anything outside of the pinside top 40. LOTS of other great title out there worth exploring.

I wish the pinside top 100 could be resorted by the experience of the reviewer. A lot of new collectors (<5 years) equate quality with newness, price or place on the pinside top 50. A lot of games in the top 50 are from people who have left the hobby yet their rankings remain to lure in new cookie cutter collectors. It took me 15 years to figure out what games work best for me and when i see cookie cutter games at shows i usually walk on by unless i don't have a lot of experience with them. I could go the rest of my life never playing another mm. No interest. Boring. Yet it astounds me at how desirable it is.

Anyway, not trying to second guess anyone elses opinion on "hot" games but you never see a 20 year collector with only cookie cutter collections. Just sayin'.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Hit a nerve did I?

At least OP doesn't set his collection to "private" like you do...kindof cowardly to make fun of someone's collection when you won't disclose what you own.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Do I need a collection to have an opinion? What if I was just a player and owned no games. Would I then be banned from the club? I didn't "make fun" of his collection. I only stated I had no interest in most of those games as I have played or owned them all and no longer care for most of them. He's the one that got bent and rudely told me to get lost.
Anyway it wasn't me that showed off what I had and then asked others what else I should buy and if you read my first comment, it was just that, a comment.
For the sake of giving the OP what he most likely wants the hear, I say buy all four, because if that's what he wants, that is what he will probably do anyway.

You did make fun of his collection and you were rightfully punished. Glad someone is finally monitoring your posts.

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And for maybe understanding where I was coming from is when he said older games, those are my newer games and beyond. He won't want to see my older games. Again no harm intended.

Nice collection. Easy to spot a mature collection nowadays. Well done.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 49.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 159.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rondogg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-machines-to-finish-off-my-collection?tu=rondogg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.