• TSPP 9 votes
    8%
  • TZ 4 votes
    4%
  • WCS 12 votes
    11%
  • WOZECLE 36 votes
    32%
  • or the dark horse - FIFA 15 on x-box 1 being projected in adjoining room 17 votes
    15%

(112 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tron-1mil.gif
image.jpg
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

Okay...here goes:

Having an end of Season Party this Friday night for my Son's Soccer Team (14 year old boys) AND Parents....

Rough count.....17 boys, 14 Parents, 4-6 little kids....I have 8 machines, all running great....which one will get played the most ?....let's see what we know...I'll post results (in order) Saturday......

And the wild card - FIFA 15 on x-box1 shown on projector/ wall in adjacent room

(have a feeling w this many 14 year old boys...FGY on adult setting is going to take it)...mark

#2 8 years ago

1. WCS
2. SM
3. FGY

#3 8 years ago

1. WOZ
2. WCS
3. Fifa

Honorable mention: Family Guy

#5 8 years ago

Tron LE, due to a combination of eye candy and short ball times.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

TRON LE, due to a combination of eye candy and short ball times.

My thinking exactly. And TAF has no ball saver...

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

My thinking exactly. And TAF has no ball saver...

Yea...I think both TAF and TZ will have their work cutout for them....

#8 8 years ago

My gut tells me:

FGY - call outs...just the fart multi Ball should do it for the kids, and just fun
WOZ- stunning lighting/visuals but a tough game..think the adults will gravitate here
TSPP- next to FGY in lineup...adult favorite, however
WCS- easy, and they're soccer kids..don't know about staying power for adults, but a lot of fun
TRONLE- huge eye candy, but just brutal..even w ball saves, I think this one will kill them early
SM- nice mix...could be the sleeper, nice flow and sarcasm in callouts
TAF- kids don't remember the title, no ball saves... ...my first machine
TZ- same as TAF, but even w ball save, maybe too stop and go to keep them..probably what I'll play a good bit of the time

If the Xbox starts dominating, I'm unplugging the damn thing.....

#10 8 years ago

Any time I have a party with non-pinheads, the simple games (Flash, Fireball, Paragon) get played the most - by a landslide.

Give it a half hour and almost no one is playing pins, they start clogging up the kitchen, fire pit and hot tub.

#11 8 years ago

spidey

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Any time I have a party with non-pinheads, the simple games (Flash, Fireball, Paragon) get played the most - by a landslide.
Give it a half hour and almost no one is playing pins, they start clogging up the kitchen, fire pit and hot tub.

This is my fear!!!.....too many kids and non pinheads...I'm in most fear of my snack stash evaporating ....must start hiding the stuff now...

#13 8 years ago

And...my Wife is already pissed that I did this without asking her permission first.....a better poll question might be..." Where is the best place to hide when this all goes south?"

#14 8 years ago

Are you going to reset your audits? Or just eyeball it?

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

This is my fear!!!.....too many kids and non pinheads...

Most adults will want to get away from the noise of the pins and gossip in the kitchen.

Most of the kids will be bored after a few games and will just want to Xbox or text with their friends.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Are you going to reset your audits? Or just eyeball it?

Just going to write them down and do basic math after everyone leaves.....I generally leave the audits alone, as I use those #'s for guilt trips as to when to clean the playfield....

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Most adults will want to get away from the noise of the pins and gossip in the kitchen.
Most of the kids will be bored after a few games and will just want to Xbox or text with their friends.

This whole reality has me depressed now ( because I know you are right).....I get excited when friends and family swing by once in awhile to show them all the mods and nuances that I've done to the machines.....and most of them look at me like I'm an idiot.......geesh...

#18 8 years ago

You might get a couple that gravitate to the challenge and variety, and want to play more than the rest, but check the cell phones at the door or they'll be social-netting and you tubing within the hour. Even an xbox won't occupy the whole crowd. But parties just aren't what they used to be, with phones in the room...

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

You might get a couple that gravitate to the challenge and variety, and want to play more than the rest, but check the cell phones at the door or they'll be social-netting and you tubing within the hour. Even an xbox won't occupy the whole crowd. But parties just aren't what they used to be, with phones in the room...

I hate phones anymore...mine set to silent...full time...pretty rare to get a call except from somebody needing something from me......

#20 8 years ago

Except.....got a call tonight from a well known ( but shall remain nameless ) Pinsider and pro in the industry....called to volunteer help w a problem I was having w a machine on his own recourse.

He let me know of his " new dad " status (one month ago) and we chatted a bit....truthfully best call I've had in recent memory......

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That's been my limited experience. People think they are cool and maybe play a game but not for long. A few get into them but not the people I expect. It doesn't bother me one bit, though. I was more into video games back in the day as well. Pinball was hard and wasn't fun when the ball drained constantly.

#22 8 years ago

Sorry to say it, the Xbox will win in a landslide.

#23 8 years ago

WOZ or TAF

#24 8 years ago

Wizard of Oz because of its curb appeal, and World Cup 94 because of its relevant theme will be your big games, I would wager.

#25 8 years ago

I think you may be right about FGY
But I think WOZ may take the win !!
Be fun to know after the party . Good for you for hosting !!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 8 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I think you may be right about FGY
But I think WOZ may take the win !!
Be fun to know after the party . Good for you for hosting !!

I'm with you!!!....FGY is being underestimated at this point in the voting.....WOZ for the win, however...

#28 8 years ago

And in the interest of fairness...I'll keep the drinks and pizza located in the middle of the main game room... .....no short cuts to the closest machine!!!.....

#30 8 years ago

Ok here is my guess WOZ, tspp, and the video soccer.

I don't think it is wise to leave adult setting on anything with young children around.
Don't make yourself look bad.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

I don't think it is wise to leave adult setting on anything with young children around.
Don't make yourself look bad.

I've wondered about that, actually ( and good point)......will monitor if any little ones wander over there....the 13-14 year olds ( majority) make the machine sound tame, compared to some of the video games ....

#32 8 years ago

Oh I know the Xbox 360 chat game lobbies (the kids)they hear all the filth.
But if you have a way to not promote it the safer and better off you are.
I don't even know what the machines adult option is but if any young ones in the house that feature is off. The little guys night be drawn to it just because of the art. It is a cartoon.

#33 8 years ago

Tape a blank sheet of paper to a few games for high score contests. Have them add their name/score if they beat the current high score. That usually works to sustain interest for my parties.

#34 8 years ago

Xbox has this by a mile. Where do we place our bets?

#35 8 years ago

So teenagers unfamiliar with pinball, huh? When people play 2 balls and walk away, then someone plays their last ball and 4 more balls, then someone plays half a ball before walking away and letting it drain, then someone plays another 2 balls, then two kids come up and alternate a few balls on a one player game, how many plays total are you counting that as?

Unfinished games... unfinished games as far as the eye can see.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffc:

Tape a blank sheet of paper to a few games for high score contests. Have them add their name/score if they beat the current high score. That usually works to sustain interest for my parties.

Great thought!!!...don't think I can cover my color dmd's though, so I might tape the paper to the side, or a " master high score of the night" sheet....

Quoted from orangestorm87:

Xbox has this by a mile. Where do we place our bets?

I am concerned about this...and the poll is taking a shift in that direction...I've already hinted that we might have " technical problems" if it gets too bad....I want them to play pinball....dammit!!!

Quoted from DefaultGen:

So teenagers unfamiliar with pinball, huh? When people play 2 balls and walk away, then someone plays their last ball and 4 more balls, then someone plays half a ball before walking away and letting it drain, then someone plays another 2 balls, then two kids come up and alternate a few balls on a one player game, how many plays total are you counting that as?
Unfinished games... unfinished games as far as the eye can see.

Nope...either they finish the game, or it's a restart...I'll have a few sets of eyes down there to help me...Hopefully, they will be old enough to limit that....

#37 8 years ago

I've had several of them over in small groups before, and they actually did pretty well.....

Hint at previous results ( spoiler alert)....I'm repeating from earlier post....many are underestimating the power of Fart Multiball!!!.....just sayin'

#38 8 years ago

A good em would win by a landslide over the newer pins. Too bad you don't have one there. Few kids like pinball, and even fewer like what they can't follow or understand. The Xbox wins this round, sorry.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

A good em would win by a landslide over the newer pins. Too bad you don't have one there. Few kids like pinball, and even fewer like what they can't follow or understand. The Xbox wins this round, sorry.

I'm counting on the Parents lighting them up, as well....pretty stoked....never had all 8 going at once ( not a real social guy...I work a lot)....this will be pretty cool...I'll try to get some video time posted...

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm counting on the Parents lighting them up, as well....pretty stoked....never had all 8 going at once ( not a real social guy...I work a lot)....this will be pretty cool...I'll try to get some video time posted...

Can your breakers take all 8 at once?

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Can your breakers take all 8 at once?

Oh yeah....I'm actually a licensed electrician ( part of my A/V company qualifiers )....

Have them plugged into 3 dedicated 20a IG circuits ( room for a few more!! )...mark

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Oh yeah....I'm actually a licensed electrician ( part of my A/V company qualifiers )....
Have them plugged into 3 dedicated 20a IG circuits ( room for a few more!! )...mark

Excellent!

#43 8 years ago

I'm guessing FIFA on the projector for the teens.

WOZ for the adults and young kids.

--Luke

#45 8 years ago

Stop it!!!...I think I might want one of those.....

#46 8 years ago

Boys, pinball, girls = Tron

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Boys, pinball, girls = Tron

This is going to be good!!!....some Dads have called to say they are taking one of my high scores down....bring it!!! ( I'm not really that good, so they probably will!!!)

#48 8 years ago

WOZ entering the night as the 2 favorite...over Xbox!!! ( travesty) think I'll just write the audits down tonight when I'm done playing, and tomorrow, we shall see!!!.....very excited....

#49 8 years ago

Ok...kids starting to show....WOZ maintains almost 3 over my other pins...and solid 2 over the Xbox

First 2 in the door....straight to FIFA!!!....shit.....

#50 8 years ago

Absolutely awesome turnout....what a battle!!!

Results:

TRONLE- 49
SM- 47
TAF- 40
WOZ- 34
TZ- 26
TSPP- 22
FGY- 19
WCS- 14

X-Box- DQ...only because they were constantly starting and stopping matches...too hard to keep up, but it was lit all night......

only mechanical failures was a sticky flipper on WCS....several error codes, but nothing that stopped play....I couldn't be happier....the boys were BLOWN away w the machines....solid gameplay all night...WOW

251 plays in 2.5 hours!!!....pinball lives, pinball lives!!!...mark

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-machine-will-win-the-weekend and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.