(Topic ID: 74611)

Which LEDs to use for Pinbot's chest lamps?

By frunch

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by frunch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I'm helping a buddy of mine to get his Pinbot tip-top and he's considering LEDs for the 'chest' lamps, the 5x5 grid of lights at the upper-center area of the playfield. The lamps are all 555s if it matters. I see there are single- and triple-LEDs available, can anyone suggest which ones to go with? We don't want them to overpower everything else, but I think extra bright could be really cool. Thoughts?

Thanks!
Trevor

#2 5 years ago

frunch,

I am just finishing up my Pinbot and have replaced all the lamps with LEDs. These are the ones I used in my 5x5 matrix. I used color matching LEDs and they look amazing! Not too bright, but then again I tend to think that it can never be TOO bright!

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3106

I have no issues with ghosting or any other problems. I really like these Ablaze LED's. Out of several hundred, I have only ever gotten one bad one. Not worth the trouble for 89 cents to send it back.

Hope this helps.

Al

#3 5 years ago

I used the frosted cheapo ones from pinball life and they work great. Not too bright to distract from the gameplay and the colors actually look correct (as in the green and blue look kinda the same with incandescent bulbs installed)

#4 5 years ago

Excellent, thanks for the responses! I think we'll try going with the color-matched ones that CharlestonSCPins recommended.

Thanks again, and happy holidays!
Trevor

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Manchester Township, NJ
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 17.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Inverness, IL
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside