New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 200251)

Which JJP POTC are you going to buy?

By ASOA

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by FarFromHeaven26
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which JJP POTC are you going to buy?”

• SE 13 votes
    6%
  • LE 66 votes
    32%
  • CE 26 votes
    13%
  • I'm out! Not intrested 29 votes
    14%
  • I'm out Too Exspensive! 71 votes
    35%

(205 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

monster (resized).jpg
8A0FDF4E-92A3-43D5-A71A-A29AC19B5AFF-11463-0000092E0ED08E9D (resized).jpeg
IMG_0395 (resized).JPG
IMG_0372 (resized).png
Jj (resized).png
IMG_0365 (resized).png
imagepng_0 (resized).png

#1 2 years ago

Which JJP POTC are you going to buy?
There are a million of these POTC JJP Threads just really wanted the pole information. Here is some info on all of the models.

Personally going to sell at least one of my kidneys. In on the collectors edition. Hopefully the resale value on kidneys are still high.

imagepng_0 (resized).png

IMG_0365 (resized).png

Jj (resized).png

IMG_0372 (resized).png

IMG_0395 (resized).JPG

#2 2 years ago

Oh good at least this one has a poll

#3 2 years ago

I really love the CE, but damn!! I feel like the pricing on it is ridiculous! It will come down to LE or SE for me. Boy am I glad I did not buy a new Dialed In.......Pirates is going to cause a lot of disruption in the market!

#4 2 years ago

I’m out on this one mainly because I’m saving my cash for toy story but wow that barnacle is really nice.

#5 2 years ago

Pretty sure LE for me and that is stretching me beyond my comfort level on a pin purchase. Hope they realize most people feel the same way and don't raise prices on Toy Story.

Edit: and I can't blame anyone for wanting a CE. This does have the potential to be the goat.

#6 2 years ago

Can someone explain why nobody in the poll has opted for a standard edition? Is the LE really worth the extra grand?

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Can someone explain why nobody in the poll has opted for a standard edition? Is the LE really worth the extra grand?

I believe it is. All my games have a shaker and headphones so I will never do without them. Add topper, toys, powder coating and invisaglass and it adds to $1000 fast.

#8 2 years ago

I'm on the fence no need to rush but if I bought definitely the le would be my choice.

The extra cost plus I rather have jack sparrow j depp than Davy Jones on play field and cabinet. CE is out and so is standard I like the features of jjp le's.

I played maybe 20 games, my success on scoring was underwhelming. I'm not that good needed a ball save.
Very cool but the cost and everything this pin offers it might be too much pin for me. There is so much to it.

Love my woz and hobbit took a pass on di.

#9 2 years ago

8A0FDF4E-92A3-43D5-A71A-A29AC19B5AFF-11463-0000092E0ED08E9D (resized).jpeg

#10 2 years ago

CE for me. I liked how Star Wars from Stern had different art packages for all three games and kind of wish they did that for POTC. I like the Davy Jones art package the best along with the side armor details.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

If your already gonna spend THAT much, why lose out some some of the cool features and extras? I'd want a shaker. I'd want the color GI. I'd want the star field. I'd want the headphone jack etc.

#12 2 years ago

I was on the fence until I read the le comes with a printed manual. I may have to order 2.

#13 2 years ago

Pinball plus. Hilarious

#14 2 years ago

I actually think this will be the first time we see a lot of people going for the SE with a JJP. I think they are hitting the price ceiling. Shaker, glass, stars, powder coating, and spinning random pirate...I think the value is there for the upgrade (unlike the jump to CE), but $9500 is a big pill to swallow. Plus, as a Hobbit owner, seeing $8500 price dwindle to $6,000 to 6500 on the secondary market makes me a little more cautious.

#15 2 years ago

Maybe the first JJP Id consider some plasma to buy, but need to play it.
With a premium brand details matter, why doesn't JJP offer or include lollipop rails?

#16 2 years ago

I'm in on a CCE, an extra C for Canadian. With our exchange and taxes it's almost a 20k pin.
DICE lived up to my expectations for a CE, so here so go again!

#17 2 years ago

CE is the only way to go so you don't have top look at Johnny Depp on the playfield.... Worth $3k to me....

#18 2 years ago

I'm in for the CE! Artwork is much better and the topper looks great.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I actually think this will be the first time we see a lot of people going for the SE with a JJP. I think they are hitting the price ceiling. Shaker, glass, stars, powder coating, and spinning random pirate...I think the value is there for the upgrade (unlike the jump to CE), but $9500 is a big pill to swallow.

The only things I’d miss are the Invisiglass and the color GI. And between them, the GI is the more important one. It sets a mood in the game, and without it the game might lack.

Quoted from Crile1:

Plus, as a Hobbit owner, seeing $8500 price dwindle to $6,000 to 6500 on the secondary market makes me a little more cautious.

That’s the big one. The NIB “hit” is over 2k for Hobbit. I was thinking about that like crazy as POTC was announced. No, I’m not expecting to make money when I buy NIB. I’m expecting to lose $1000-ish. But when it’s a 2k loss, I’m more likely to buy a Demo Man and have my fun.

#20 2 years ago

When a pinball machine costs more than this, I think I'm going with the Ducati.

monster (resized).jpg

#21 2 years ago

Is the topper interactive? Will it be available for purchase to use on the LE?

The standard doesn't list moulded PF toys, how different are they from the LE and CE?

Forgot - did they get the license for the theme music as well? If not, that really sucks.

#22 2 years ago

If you like the barricades I would hope someone would make an add on kit for this game plus lots of other mods and when I look at the picture on the playfield I see jack sparrow not Depp

#23 2 years ago

I have NO interest in the theme, but played the game at Expo and it was pretty awesome. If I got one, it would be LE since it has game integrated features you can't add yourself. CE is insane pricing (as if the LE isn't too?) so not considering that.

Worst part is I had already been thinking of selling Hobbit to fund other pin purchases, and Pirates just KILLED whatever value might have still existed in Hobbit. Now has to be the worst possible time to sell a Hobbit, so I'll be holding onto it for a bit longer.

#24 2 years ago

Really cool game...i am holding out and saving for toy story. This game will be around for a long time.. they are still making Woz how many years later.

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Really cool game...i am holding out and saving for toy story. This game will be around for a long time.. they are still making Woz how many years later.

Is Toy Story for sure? Or just heavily speculated?

#26 2 years ago

Looks like this is for sure the pinball price ceiling pen. 9500 for pin does seem crazy but I bought a DI le and will get a pirates le. There are lots of votes for I'm out - price is to high.

#27 2 years ago

Just a thought. If JJP could not get the music or certain voices for POTC. How can they dance around that one for Toy Story? Without that Toy Story would not feel right. Great theme but JJP really needs to negotiate better deals for total licensing. POTC looks fantastic but some rumors say they cant use original music. Just seems wrong when they have made such a fantastic pin for something so dumb to hold it back like that. I'm sure they will do a great job working around it but they should not have to.

#28 2 years ago

I love POTC!! Played a few games and its DEEP!!! Before I jump in on it I'm waiting to see what JJP 5 is. If its Toy Story I will make that purchase for the whole family. I'm a high PIXAR fan and my 2 boys will enjoy it more then me, so ill hopefully play one of these on location or at a friends.

#29 2 years ago

PinballSTAR is working hard all weekend taking orders and answering questions... We are one of the largest JJP distributors and tend to take care of all our pre-order customers early due to the volume we buy... Every single one of our DI customers (close to 100) will have their pre-orders fulfilled by this week already ! We welcome new customers to take care of and we don't disappear after the sale - we have the reputation we have for a reason... We also support the hobby - do shows, charity work, have parties, sponsor tournaments and are very active in supporting the hobby.

Have questions or interested in ordering POTC ? Email us - we'll get right back to you day, nights, weekends...

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
570-357-0042

Sales@PinballSTAR.com

1 week later
#30 2 years ago

Too rich for my blood!

#31 2 years ago

I’ve got my deposit for an LE

#32 2 years ago

I think the white only GI on the Standard Edition is an odd decision. If this game is very popular then the LEs might all sell out and people will be missing out on a lightshow. There should be an unlimited version with the RGB GI. Anyway the LE is the one I'd go for if I wasn't so poor.

CE is a bit ugly IMO and why would I want my POTC to be themed solely around one character anyway? Stern do the same weird thing on Star Wars. Premium is dark side, LE is Millenium Falcon. Only Pro has an overall balanced artwork package that represents SW well. They did the same on XMen. I dislike these editions themed around one character.

I do like that a JJP CE would have a different playfield in but in this case I think it's actually worse. And those barnacles had better be improved...

#33 2 years ago

No voices from the key actors
No score from the film
No version of the machine that I would want for less than 10K delivered
No dice

#34 2 years ago

no its not a Dialed In collectors edition..... LOL

#35 2 years ago

JJP should drop the price of the SE to $7.5k and then their pricing structure would look right 7.5 9.5 12.5

More significantly this move would keep the SE in affordable territory for many of their existing customers who are dropping off JJPOTC because of one reason - price tag. This bold move would put TREMENDOUS pressure on Stern to keep their prices in check and suppress their rampant $300+ increase for each new release. How about it JJP - will you lower the published price of SE's by $1k?

This should greatly increase your total units sold. Say current pricing yields 3k JJPOTC's across all models. After price structure change, total units sold could be closer to 5k. 5k pins sold by JJP means 5k less pins sold by Stern, and which slice of the market would you rather have?

My situation comes down to this - If SE's sell for $7.5k, I will 100% buy one, for $8.5k I will pass. That's how I voted in the poll. I sense there are many others at a personal price breaking point also. Even if $7.5k is JJP's true cost to build one pin based on their estimated sales, the increased revenue lowers true cost dramatically and market share improves even more. So build the best game possible and price the base model no higher than market will bare (even if that is less than true costs based on initial sales volume).

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

There should be an unlimited version with the RGB GI

There is. It is the Limited Edition. There is no set number on how many Limited Editions will be made. Limited Edition in this instance is more about the upgrade package over the Standard Edition, not the number being made.

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

The only things I’d miss are the Invisiglass and the color GI. And between them, the GI is the more important one. It sets a mood in the game, and without it the game might lack.

That’s the big one. The NIB “hit” is over 2k for Hobbit. I was thinking about that like crazy as POTC was announced. No, I’m not expecting to make money when I buy NIB. I’m expecting to lose $1000-ish. But when it’s a 2k loss, I’m more likely to buy a Demo Man and have my fun.

The majority of Hobbit owners bought at the pre-order price of $7500 and some even lower if they were a repeat buyer. I haven't seen any HUO Hobbits at less than $6500, so for most buyers, they are only at the $1000 loss you were speaking of.

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

JJP should drop the price of the SE to $7.5k and then their pricing structure would look right 7.5 9.5 12.5
More significantly this move would keep the SE in affordable territory for many of their existing customers who are dropping off JJPOTC because of one reason - price tag. This bold move would put TREMENDOUS pressure on Stern to keep their prices in check and suppress their rampant $300+ increase for each new release. How about it JJP - will you lower the published price of SE's by $1k?
This should greatly increase your total units sold. Say current pricing yields 3k JJPOTC's across all models. After price structure change, total units sold could be closer to 5k. 5k pins sold by JJP means 5k less pins sold by Stern, and which slice of the market would you rather have?
My situation comes down to this - If SE's sell for $7.5k, I will 100% buy one, for $8.5k I will pass. That's how I voted in the poll. I sense there are many others at a personal price breaking point also. Even if $7.5k is JJP's true cost to build one pin based on their estimated sales, the increased revenue lowers true cost dramatically and market share improves even more. So build the best game possible and price the base model no higher than market will bare (even if that is less than true costs based on initial sales volume).

I agree, I would be a buyer at 7500 but not a penny more, and the only reason I would even go 7500 is because I feel this game is really special. 7500 is my breaking point though on this game here. I wouldn’t pay that much for any of their other games but this Pirates game is a beauty.

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

There is. It is the Limited Edition. There is no set number on how many Limited Editions will be made. Limited Edition in this instance is more about the upgrade package over the Standard Edition, not the number being made.

This is my only real complaint about JJP and LE versions. Should be a true limited version to 250 or maybe tops 500 for the price of 9500. People in on the LE will for sure lose 1000 on resale because there will be unlimited amounts of LE available. If I'm going to spend 8500 what's another 1000 to get a brand new one.

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

This is my only real complaint about JJP and LE versions. Should be a true limited version to 250 or maybe tops 500 for the price of 9500. People in on the LE will for sure lose 1000 on resale because there will be unlimited amounts of LE available. If I'm going to spend 8500 what's another 1000 to get a brand new one.

I wish all of my other $9,500 luxury items only lost a grand or two.

#41 2 years ago

I thought the LEs were limited to 2000 or 2500 or something. I can't find any evidence of this though...

Are there any sales figures for JJPs previous titles around?

#42 2 years ago

I cld careless about the( le)title for a pinball machine. I bought the dile bc its a better value to me with the added options. Also ordered potc le bc of the added options and its well wotth the 1k upgrades especially on potc bc of the rgb gi. Stern le are not worth it (few exceptions) over the premiums imo unless u really care about the le label.....

#43 2 years ago

CE here...killer art, armor, and topper seals the deal for me. I’m sure it will be the last made/ released, so more time to craft my story to the Wife...( kidding, she doesn’t really mind what I buy)....

#44 2 years ago

I'm getting the LE

#45 2 years ago

I'm hoping for additional versions after launch. Didn't Hobbit have two additional models arrive due to demand? Maybe a Kraken, Black Pearl, or (Nighttime/Daytime cursed pirates) cabinet rework later? The Smaug version of Hobbit seem like great option that came later on.

1 week later
#46 2 years ago

Put a deposit on a LE today!

1 year later
#47 1 year ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Put a deposit on a LE today!

Hello Wally. Quick question and this time I will be very brief. What is your opinion of the LE? Did you receive yours yet and do you have an opinion to share? I am thinking the LE is a much better bang for the buck than the 12.5 K CE.

Thank you.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Melbourne, VIC
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside