• Pirates Of The Caribbean 139 votes
    38%
  • The Hobbit 27 votes
    7%

(368 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Dialed In Highscore_LI (resized).jpg
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

Not looks or favorite theme...vote on most fun to play.

#2 5 years ago

woz still holds the crown for me. own all of them but pirates, so I don't have much time on that one for comparison.

#3 5 years ago

Dile but Wonka may take that because of its awesome layout and tons of shots from 4 flippers. But both are fast and have great flow

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

woz still holds the crown for me. own all of them but pirates, so I don't have much time on that one for comparison.

You need a POTC! Great game

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Dile but Wonka may take that because of its awesome layout and tons of shots from 4 flippers. But both are fast and have great flow

I agree totally

#6 5 years ago

No question - Pirates.

#7 5 years ago

I think Hobbit is most fun for me. I'm not saying it's the best game but probably the most fun. I love the jjp games I own and play them the most.

The wildcard is Pirates since I don't own it and only played at location so I'm basing my opinion excluding Pirates.

#8 5 years ago

I have very little time on WOZ and TH. I'd love to play those more. Both DI and POTC are a lot of fun. Too close to call for me.

#9 5 years ago

Haven't played Wonka yet and only played Pirates of the Caribbean a bit on its first code, but I did play the others multiple times and I must say that I like Dialed In the most. Not a big fan of the theme but wow it's a great shooter! My 3.019.230 after 1,5 years still in the top 5 highscores at the Dutch Pinball Museum Rotterdam.

Dialed In Highscore_LI (resized).jpgDialed In Highscore_LI (resized).jpg
#10 5 years ago

My favorite to play is Wizard of Oz. I always find myself smiling during play. I love how much there is to do while all working towards a unified story. I find POTC too bogged down in choosing characters, looking at the screen, hitting the action button, etc. The Hobbit has good game play but the constant popping up of monsters to hit slows game down. Dialed In has great shots and is all about ball control which is nice, but not having a theme hurts the general "fun" for me.

#11 5 years ago

WOZ all the way.

#12 5 years ago

i've played them all except Wonka and my order is:

JJPPOTC
Dialed In
Hobbit
Woz

I do think Wonka looks like it has a ton of potential and I haven't put in as many games on WoZ as the other JJP titles. But I've never liked how much of that game feels like 'up the middle' shots. Again, I need to put more time in though so take my rating on that with a grain of salt. They are all amazing games for a home collection in my opinion.

#13 5 years ago

Pirates with Woz being a close second.

#14 5 years ago

In typical JJP fashion:

Pirates of the Caribbean (supposedly the one game they are no longer making) is heads and tails above the other 3.

#15 5 years ago

I have not played Wonka yet, so I can’t rank or compare until I get hands on time. This is just my opinion from owing a few JJP games. I have not owned Woz.

1 - POTC
2 - Dialed In
3 - Hobbit
4 - Wizard of Oz

#16 5 years ago

I've played them all as well, including Wonka extensively this past weekend.

I'd rate:

1. Wonka (by a hair)
2. POTC
3. WOZ and DI (tie)
4. Hobbit

#17 5 years ago

Fun to play

1) POTC
2) Dialed In
3) Wonka
4) Hobbit
5) WOZ

Most detailed

1) WOZ
2) Pirates
3) Wonka
4) Hobbit
5) Dialed In

#18 5 years ago

I like Dialed in personally.

#19 5 years ago

Di
Hobbit
Woz

Haven’t played enough potc, but what I have played would put it at or close to the top.

I could never get into woz gameplay, beautiful game though.

#20 5 years ago

I own a POTC and love it the most.
DI is a lot of fun too but I do need more time on it.
Of course my wife loves WOZ and for a world under glass with that light show... WOW. But, every time I’ve time I’m playing it I’m like “Oh, that’s cool, wait where did my ball go???” Annnndddddd it’s gone.... dang it!
I really like the hobbit, I mean, it’s got freakin’ dragon in it that sets the playfield on fire. How cool is that’s! Oh, when I play it the ball time goes on so long sometimes that I can feel myself aging, not complaining just an observation.
I’m excited to hopefully play Willy Wonka someday. Looks really fun.
Super corny I know but my favorite game is the one they are working on next. I love all the rumors, excitement, anticipation and hopes of what it will be and what it could have in it. Then when it finally arrives everyone can see all of the hard work and effort the team put into it. We are in a pretty cool time of innovation, imagination and creativity in this hobby.

#21 5 years ago

1. DI
2. Hobbit
3. POTC
4. WOZ

Have not played Wonka but from seeing game play for me I suspect it will be #1 or #2

#22 5 years ago

DI best fun/shooting JJP pin IMO.

#23 5 years ago

CE #12's are the most fun.....

#24 5 years ago

I own all 4 and while WOZ is my personal favorite pin, JJPOTC gets my vote here.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I own all 4 and while WOZ is my personal favorite pin, JJPOTC gets my vote here.

I agree...Just need to play #5 when it is complete

#26 5 years ago

For the Wonka voters...seriously? The games not even finished yet. Sure you may have put a couple flips on it at the show....but unless those games came with a handjob I’m just not sure how one could rate it already above the other 4 JJP games.

#27 5 years ago
#28 5 years ago

It’s like having to choose your favorite kid - I can’t do it & love them all equally

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Woz is my personal favorite too.

I have nothing against DI as a theme it’s great, great rule, shoots great etc.

Reason for my love of Woz is the theme and the rules are fantastic and the art and lighting are just my favorite. So typically I’m a ramp fan and DI shoots better and has more ramps but Woz just has a special quality that pushes it over the top. My two prior favorites were TZ and IJ widebody pins and I’m glad that JJP was able to bring back the wide pins but also glad they are not exclusively making wide body.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

For the Wonka voters...seriously? The games not even finished yet. Sure you may have put a couple flips on it at the show....but unless those games came with a handjob I’m just not sure how one could rate it already above the other 4 JJP games.

I played probably 40 games on it. Yes it’s a very fun game.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Lady:

Dialed In has great shots and is all about ball control which is nice, but not having a theme hurts the general "fun" for me.

It has a theme.

#32 5 years ago

DI without a doubt !
and to be more precise, i found it to be the best pin (from an overall point of view) on the market actually

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

DI without a doubt !
and to be more precise, i found it to be the best pin (from an overall point of view) on the market actually

Dialed In is really good, but I am not sure if it is too linear for my tastes in a home collection.

I will say now that I have seen Wonka, I am more apt to add a DI than a Wonka (I need to play Wonka a lot to know for sure, but that is my feelings from what I have seen and heard so far).

I voted with my personal money for a PoTC ; but at the right price even my least favorite JJP (Hobbit) is tempting. None of them are "bad" games IMO.

#34 5 years ago

would that be the xxx le version? I want one!

#35 5 years ago

I voted for PotC. But if I have enough time and nothing else to do I always prefer to go on an adventure with the hobbit. I play the hobbit not often, but it's a game like no other.

3 weeks later
#36 4 years ago

Pirates. Played hobbit, the noise of the beasts popping up was too grating. Also theme not great for whole family. Dialed In lacked soul. Wife hated playing it. We went to buy it twice based on everyone’s recommendation. First time bought AFMr instead, 2nd time pirates. WOZ, one ramp - want more. Love pirates, our best game.

#37 4 years ago

JJPOTC
TH
DI
WOZ

#38 4 years ago

Pirates is addicting. I've barely played any of my other pins in the last few months.

#39 4 years ago

I find WOZ "More Fun", but I find Dialed In to be a more challenging and rewarding Pin to Play.....

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

... Dialed In lacked soul. ...

You captured what I've been feeling about DI as well - thanks!

Still Pirates for me. By far.

#41 4 years ago

Can you even buy a POTC anymore from a distributor?

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Can you even buy a POTC anymore from a distributor?

There is an ad for one below this page (as I type this); I am sure a few are left somewhere... does that matter in terms of how fun it is?

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

There is an ad for one below this page (as I type this); I am sure a few are left somewhere... does that matter in terms of how fun it is?

Not sure lol. Just haven’t really seen them posted for sale much lol

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Not sure lol. Just haven’t really seen them posted for sale much lol

They’re winding down with NIB ones but there are still some at distributors, and there will be used ones for sale soon

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

You captured what I've been feeling about DI as well - thanks!
Still Pirates for me. By far.

Different opinions obviously.

DI has heart and soul IMO.

#46 4 years ago

POTC
WOZ
Hobbit
DI
I just can't get into DI. I've tried, it just doesn't do it for me. Hobbit has excellent theme integration, but it takes a hit with everything being shoved in the back of the playfield and I'm not a fan of pop-up trolls. WOZ has grown quite a bit on me. I would like to own it someday. POTC is where it is for me. Just a nice balance of features, theme integration, shots variety, and rule depth.

#47 4 years ago

Unless Wonka games come with a handjob I’m not sure how one could rate it already above the other 4 JJP games.

Only the Patriots' owner Robert Kraft edition of Wonka does.

1 week later
#48 4 years ago

DI in my opinion, especially when you play this machine with friends.
Hobbit and Pirates are longplayers, they just make fun if you play them on your own.
But to be honest: I would like to have them all.

#49 4 years ago

Owned them all! Easily Pirates!

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Only the Patriots' owner Robert Kraft edition of Wonka does.

https://gfycat.com/shamefulshimmeringivorybackedwoodswallow

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 5.00
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-jjp-is-the-most-fun?hl=captain-flint and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.