• Pirates Of The Caribbean 139 votes
    38%
  • The Hobbit 27 votes
    7%

(368 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Dialed In Highscore_LI (resized).jpg

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

Only got 2 games on WW at VFW - my rankings on fun 1-10:

DI - 8.5
WW - 8.0
POTC - 6.5
HOB - 6.0

#52 4 years ago

Wow after 299 votes WOZ has only %17 of the vote I thought they would win with the sales they have had

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Wow after 299 votes WOZ has only %17 of the vote I thought they would win with the sales they have had

I think maybe there is a difference between the questions:

1) what is the most fun JJP pin
2) what is the best JJP pin

#54 4 years ago

POTC is the most fun by a wide margin. The cruel irony is that I can't even purchase an LE now. They are not even manufacturing their best pin anymore, they probably made the least number of these over any other of their pins. Great business strategy.

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I think maybe there is a difference between the questions:
1) what is the most fun JJP pin
2) what is the best JJP pin

If that is the case the fact that the two funniest games have sold the fewest sale # then sales are far more about price then people want to admit

#56 4 years ago

A game like LotR was not as fun for my taste but is a great game.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

A game like LotR was not as fun for my taste but is a great game.

What is pinball if not fun

#58 4 years ago

I'm about to buy my first nib. A bit puzzled on what to get. I"m not going for Stern due to The terrible spike-concept.
Same goes for Chicago gaming, allthough thier boards seem to be of better quality?
Tna looks terrible and so does octoberfest, which pretty much leaves me with choosing any jjp (all are still available, thru my distributor), or a houdini.

So, looks like a jjp title.
Potc seems Great fun, but seem to lack some licenses, to make it a complete game, there also seems to be more quality issues with it, then The rest of The jjp titles?

Dialed in seems to lack a Theme. (wouldn't it be much cooler if it was based in sid meyers civilisation?)

So am i looking to choose between woz or hob?

Hob:
Pros: Great and well integrated Theme. Cheaper then woz. Great playset and Rules. I like precision shooter games with not to much cluttering The playfield.
Cons: buggy and easily boken pop ups. Ramps tjat require you to be a master swordsmith, or atleast a blacksmith to fix.
May not charm the rest of The familj, or casual guests.

Woz:
Pros: a Lively well made Theme apleasing to family and guests. Lots of fine toys and The best light-setting on any pinball game ever.
Seems a notch above hob quality wise?, and has been around longer (most bugs sorted)
Cons: higher cost. More toys=more costly things broken over time. Doesn"t seem rated as fun as other jjp titles.

Tough to decide and quite a dollar you have to spend.

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I'm about to buy my first nib. A bit puzzled on what to get. I"m not going for Stern due to The terrible spike-concept.
Same goes for Chicago gaming, allthough thier boards seem to be of better quality?
Tna looks terrible and so does octoberfest, which pretty much leaves me with choosing any jjp (all are still available, thru my distributor), or a houdini.
Potc seems Great fun, but seem to lack some licenses, to make it a complete game, there also seems to be more quality issues with it, then The rest of The jjp titles?
Dialed in seems to lack a Theme. (wouldn't it be much cooler if it was based in sid meyers civilisation?)
Hob:
Pros: Great and well integrated Theme. Cheaper then woz. Great playset and Rules. I like precision shooter games with not to much cluttering The playfield.
Cons: buggy and easily boken pop ups. Ramps tjat require you to be a master swordsmith, or atleast a blacksmith to fix.
Woz:
Pros: a Lively well made Theme apleasing to family and guests. Lots of fine toys and The best light-setting on any pinball game ever.
Seems a notch above hob quality wise?, and has been around longer (most bugs sorted)
Cons: higher cost. More toys=more costly things broken over time. Doesn"t seem rated as fun as other jjp titles.

My advice is that you’re letting pinside haters steer you away from pretty much everything.

Go play some games on location and buy what seems fun.

#60 4 years ago

Yep, it looks like you've analyzed yourself into inaction. Been there a few times.
Only an emotional connection can save you now. Best of luck.

#61 4 years ago

None are perfect yet all are lots of fun. Even if one is 20% more fun than another, again, they are all fun.

Just buy one and enjoy. I have a WOZ and play almost every day trying to get further into code and discovering new things. Some things on WOZ are a bit less desirable than other pins yet shines above others in other areas.

Beware of over-analysis paralysis. Like standing at an ice creme stand because you’re trying the get the very best one for some reason. The winners are those that pick a flavor and enjoy

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Hob:
Woz:

it is a great problem to have, choosing what nib pinball machine to take home

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Hob:
Woz:

TNA is not terrible. It’s not exactly a pin for everyone but it’s a good pin imo. I had pinball party and was the most played pin. True the rules are wash rinse repeat but that’s a lot of fun.

Not sure why you hate on CGC games (?) they are sold games might something break down yes but so can JJP games.

DI lacks a theme? Whatever you feel like talking yourself out of a lot of great pins. If it was sim city so what it’s still the same thing. I really don’t understand why sim city is a better theme imo.

Anyway to me Woz and DI are both classic and I think Woz is slightly better because I love the theme, watched the movie countless times.

Very few of my pins have anything break I have Stern, JJP and CGC. They all might need some fix or tweaks but after that they are rock solid so far.

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I'm not sure who convinced you SPIKE and similar were terrible. I've found them to be extremely reliable.

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'm not sure who convinced you SPIKE and similar were terrible. I've found them to be extremely reliable.

Well reliable...
How do you know? The system has been around for what? Four years?

I´m very skeptical to advanced non-replacable exlusive low series electronics.
How many replacement boards do you think will be around for a munster in 15 years?

This may be ok for a commercial game, that probebly wores out in a couple of years, but for a homepin keept around for decades for playing, but also asthetic value?

One may argue that most people will trade their pins in a couple of years, but it would sure be interesting to see what price depreciation is for a spike pin vs a sam pin for example.
From my own view (i dont know much about pinball) i would rather buy a used walking dead, then a guardian.

Sorry to derail the thread.

#66 4 years ago

For us rural guys, finding all or even a couple of JJP titles to play and decide to buy is impossible. Heck, I would pay an owner $100.00 to play 3 games on a a few of them just to avoid a purchase mistake.

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

TNA is not terrible. It’s not exactly a pin for everyone but it’s a good pin imo. I had pinball party and was the most played pin. True the rules are wash rinse repeat but that’s a lot of fun.
Not sure why you hate on CGC games (?) they are sold games might something break down yes but so can JJP games.
DI lacks a theme? Whatever you feel like talking yourself out of a lot of great pins. If it was sim city so what it’s still the same thing. I really don’t understand why sim city is a better theme imo.
Anyway to me Woz and DI are both classic and I think Woz is slightly better because I love the theme, watched the movie countless times.
Very few of my pins have anything break I have Stern, JJP and CGC. They all might need some fix or tweaks but after that they are rock solid so far.

Tna seems like a really fun pin, but im also in it for the looks and for the family interest. For my own, i feel walking dead looks great, but it wouldn´t be fun for the kids.

I dont hate CGC games. I think it´s a great step to revitalize classics. Heck i might even go there, if they get around to doing a TOTAN, but it´s them unique boards, that kind of makes me hesitant.
In regards to dialed in, my example was civilization. Then all would be set for a great code and game. Great music score, wizard modes(eg. great wonders), progression etc.

BTW. What is it with pinball designers?
Rock bands or movies?
If JJP where to disclose next upcoming pin with a world of warcraft theme, exploration of universe or similar theme, i would probebly be first in line.
The best part about choosing a computergame theme imo, is that you have so much of the work allready done. Animations, sound, music, progression ideas, bosses/wizard modes.

Again, sorry seems to be an expert on writing stuff in wrong threads.

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

For us rural guys, finding all or even a couple of JJP titles to play and decide to buy is impossible. Heck, I would pay an owner $100.00 to play 3 games on a a few of them just to avoid a purchase mistake.

Well said i was at sweden´s premiere amusement park liseberg. They hade like five pinball machines. One of them was broken, and the most interesting thing was a really ill kept and wore down monster bash.

Another aspect for the thread is the question of how long the JJP titles will be available new. I can see myself getting all three except dialed in, but only beeing able to affort one each year, so which to go for first? Pirates?
What are the chances for new production with a tad of qc?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-jjp-is-the-most-fun/page/2?hl=hockeymag8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.