(Topic ID: 317218)

Which Jersey Jack Pin bestows the best 'World Under Glass' experience?

By jonesjb

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by zermeno68
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which Jersey Jack Pin bestows the best 'World Under Glass' experience?”

• The Wizard of Oz 88 votes
    44%
  • The Hobbit 16 votes
    8%
  • Dialed In 13 votes
    7%
  • Pirates of the Caribbean 36 votes
    18%
  • Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory 12 votes
    6%
  • Guns N' Roses 29 votes
    15%
  • Toy Story 4 4 votes
    2%

(198 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220210_115117 (resized).jpg
istockphoto-139525288-612x612 (resized).jpg
08326F1E-570B-4B42-850D-879192BC45A4 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2022-06-18 at 6.59.20 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2022-06-18 at 6.54.41 AM (resized).png
#1 1 year ago

Which Jersey Jack Pin has the best 'World Under Glass'? With Toy Story 4 being announced this week, it made me wonder how it compares.

#2 1 year ago

"world under glass" may be my least favorite term people use on here.

Dont even know what that means, then again I don't smoke dope anymore.

I'd say Pirates though... I don't like the game but lots of crap in there if thats another way of saying world under glass.

#3 1 year ago

All the JJPs are pretty good with world under glass. But I would give the nod to WOZ, with Hobbit next.

JJP may have other issues, but they usually nail theme integration.

#4 1 year ago

Woz set a standard that may never be reached again. Pirates was close, and could have maybe surpassed it if it had the video assets. Hobbit, is an amazingly unexpected journey once you dive into it. Woz though wins for sure!!

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Fucking nauseating.

#6 1 year ago

‘World under glass’ can be described as theme cohesion and immersion.

I never smoked dope ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

#7 1 year ago

Dont even know what that means

Loath this term....Is it like comparing a pinball machine to a doll house or something?

#8 1 year ago

Lol nearly 50 votes and not a single vote for Toy Story 4. I guess that’s what happens when take up valuable playfield space typically reserved for a large mech with a 10” screen that represents nothing from the theme.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lol nearly 50 votes and not a single vote for Toy Story 4. I guess that’s what happens when take up valuable playfield space typically reserved for a large mech with a 10” screen that represents nothing from the theme.

And I’m sure the votes are for WOZ with the monkey, not without. Hope they value the feedback.

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from Methos:

Is it like comparing a pinball machine to a doll house or something?

It's interesting that JJP's first pin is rated highest, and most recent the lowest.

Yes, that's a very good analogy. Compare the two doll house creation miniatures...

The first (from mechaminis on Instagram)...
Screen Shot 2022-06-18 at 6.54.41 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-06-18 at 6.54.41 AM (resized).png

The second, a little less immersive...
Screen Shot 2022-06-18 at 6.59.20 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-06-18 at 6.59.20 AM (resized).png

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

And I’m sure the votes are for WOZ with the monkey, not without. Hope they value the feedback.

The new owners of jjp won't care since profit is their only concern. Shame really.

Any idea why the yellow brick rd edition sells for more than the others if the monkey is such a big deal?

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

Any idea why the yellow brick rd edition sells for more than the others if the monkey is such a big deal?

Other than people who buy it just absolutely loving metallic yellow, I have no idea. I wouldn't even consider it.

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

The new owners of jjp won't care since profit is their only concern. Shame really.

Because NIB it sold for more than the other models?

#14 1 year ago

My vote for best "world under glass" goes to WOZ. They did a spectacular job with that. Only the versions with the monkey, of course.

BUT - I also think that in reality, and almost by definition, Dialed In is probably technically the correct answer. After all, the ENTIRE world of Dialed In exists under that glass, and nowhere else. Nothing is left out, or misrepresented, etc due to the fact that JJP created the world and the world is defined via the game.

#15 1 year ago

Physically speaking (mechs and toys), I would vote WoZ.

But gameplay, mode immersion and video assets is Hobbit hands down (perhaps vs all pinballs ever made even).

#16 1 year ago

Dialed In, complete masterpiece! So disappointed that they no longer support the app that lets you flip it with your phone.

#17 1 year ago

100%

Quoted from Damonator:

Physically speaking (mechs and toys), I would vote WoZ.
But gameplay, mode immersion and video assets is Hobbit hands down (perhaps vs all pinballs ever made even).

#18 1 year ago

I guess Woz as theres stuff everywhere. But it results in clunk. Dialed in really has become one of my all time favs. Shoots amazing, lots of stuff going on.

#19 1 year ago

I'm wrapping up my WOZ today, he is going to his new owner. I look at that world under the glass and know this will never happen again, it was the launch of a decade and the start of JJP, they set the bar so high that it became the benchmark for JJP expectations who didn't live up to it.

That being said 4 years later, as packed as it is, it's still one game and I've seen everything there was to see on it, so I'm happy to see it go and excited about the new one coming, so goes pinball life

#20 1 year ago

WOZ easily versus any other pin ever made. My ECLE drops jaws for everyone that visits the game room for the "world under glass" factor. Theme integration and immersion is a 10 out of 10. Wonka is a close 2nd for me.

#21 1 year ago

I'd say Pirates though... I don't like the game but lots of crap in there if thats another way of saying world under glass.

08326F1E-570B-4B42-850D-879192BC45A4 (resized).jpeg08326F1E-570B-4B42-850D-879192BC45A4 (resized).jpeg
#22 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

‘World under glass’ can be described as theme cohesion and immersion.
I never smoked dope ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

In that case LOTR... cant name one JJP

best theme integration ever and the game actually doesn't suck unlike most that are listed just due to the sheer amount of crap on the playfield.

#23 1 year ago

Most JJP pins have the world in the TV set glued into the backglass. But I was most impressed with WOZ.

#24 1 year ago

Wow. Only 3 votes for Toy Story 4!

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from Methos:

Loath this term....Is it like comparing a pinball machine to a doll house or something?

Maybe? Pinball machines are just toys at the end of the day. They both have upper floors / upper playfields. Heck, most of you will even complain if a machine lacks dolls… oops, I mean “toys” on the playfield.

I’d love Keith Elwin to design a Barbie dollhouse pin, purely to watch all the “alpha males” on this site melt like little snowflakes. I’d rather flip that than some cringe shit like playboy or baywatch.

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Maybe? Pinball machines are just toys at the end of the day. They both have upper floors / upper playfields. Heck, most of you will even complain if a machine lacks dolls… oops, I mean “toys” on the playfield.
I’d love Keith Elwin to design a Barbie dollhouse pin just to watch all the “alpha males” on this site melt like snowflakes. I’d rather flip that than some cringe shit like playboy or baywatch.

This is the problem..

It's not just a "toy" it's a game, and takes some skill to not suck at it.

At some point pinball morphed from a game into something to decorate like a bad xmas tree.

It's the people who look at it as a toy and barely play them that look at them like doll houses.

There are allot of these people unfortunately which is why games sell out based on 3 pictures and no gameplay.

#27 1 year ago

Technically , under the glass , Woz wins .
Modes , cool toy , Hobbit wins .
Total theme integration , all the assets you could want and gameplay , GNR wins .
I've owned all 3 .

#28 1 year ago

This is the problem..
It's not just a "toy" it's a game, and takes some skill to not suck at it.
At some point pinball morphed from a game into something to decorate like a bad xmas tree.
It's the people who look at it as a toy and barely play them that look at them like doll houses.
There are allot of these people unfortunately which is why games sell out based on 3 pictures and no gameplay.

Some people frame masterpieces on their walls.

Other people hang shit art from Walmart.

What someone hangs on their wall is their own business. It’s not up to me to dictate how someone else should enjoy something. You want a 15k slanted living room table where your coffee slides off one end? Go for it. You want to hone your chops and win IFPA championships on a $400 8 Ball Deluxe you learned how to fix and restore? Go for it.

I love my pinball machines, but I guarantee a lot of kids love their dollhouses more, because kids just enjoy shit because they enjoy it. Adults are the losers that attach all kinds of baggage to their hobbies.

A dollhouse is no less a toy than a pinball machine. The sooner you make peace with that, the happier you’ll be

#29 1 year ago

I've owned them all.....world under glass doesn't necessarily translate to great game play. If its just world under glass than its a pretty easy choice of WOZ followed by GNR, and then Hobbit/POTC are tied...

#30 1 year ago

"Best" world under glass???

JJP games are all great in this regard. Of the five I own, I'd rate Pirates as having the best overall vibe - which is how I value a game.

#31 1 year ago
istockphoto-139525288-612x612 (resized).jpgistockphoto-139525288-612x612 (resized).jpg
#32 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

I’d love Keith Elwin to design a Barbie dollhouse pin, purely to watch all the “alpha males” on this site melt like little snowflakes. I’d rather flip that than some cringe shit like playboy or baywatch.

I don't need "toys" just a kick ass pinball game. If Elwin's Barbie was a blast to play, I'm in. Theme is over-rated.

#33 1 year ago

I agree that world under glass sells machines, but gameplay is what keeps them bolted to the floor.

I have to laugh at the grumpy comments about a world under glass being "the problem". Heck, why not just strip out all toys, plastics, lights, colors, and sound and just ship out whitewoods? But I digress, the subject of this thread is best JJP "world under glass" machines ... lots of great choices

#34 1 year ago
20220210_115117 (resized).jpg20220210_115117 (resized).jpg
#35 1 year ago

Woz but DI is the goat

#36 1 year ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

I agree that world under glass sells machines, but gameplay is what keeps them bolted to the floor.
I have to laugh at the grumpy comments about a world under glass being "the problem". Heck, why not just strip out all toys, plastics, lights, colors, and sound and just ship out whitewoods? But I digress, the subject of this thread is best JJP "world under glass" machines ... lots of great choices

It's not a "grumpy" comment...

Its acknowledging that most people on here seem to only care about the fluff and cosmetics and nothing else. Game can play like absolute dogshit as long as tons of stuff is crammed in there.

This directly affects the games released since so much focus is placed on all the surface crap to make the market happy and not on actual design and gameplay (i.e. JJP games which are praised or trashed based on how much shit they have and zero on gameplay).

Its a design comment...

#37 1 year ago

WOZ.....next

#38 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Wow. Only 3 votes for Toy Story 4!

Honestly I'm surprised it got 3 votes...

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Honestly I'm surprised it got 3 votes...

Yeah… even though I’m buying TS4 CE I can say 100% that TS should not get any votes.

Maybe those people are trolling??

+1 for WOZ. That pin is amazing in person.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.50
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 16.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 91.00
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-jersey-jack-pin-bestows-the-best-world-under-glass-experience and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.