(Topic ID: 213456)

Which is your favorite ColorDMD to date?

By MK6PIN

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 92 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by tomservo
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
1536E8DB-70F7-4A72-9572-8B3DA8CD92C2 (resized).jpeg
20180330_140118 (resized).jpg
20180404_215944 (resized).jpg
73145D3A-71F0-4B5A-960E-37A5E4BF9F95 (resized).jpeg
There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

I have them in all my machines that are available for one. Possibly the best (must have) mod for any game, imho.

Some titles lend themselves to what this technology offers over others (love them all).

WCS really benefited from it's stunning release...probably the biggest "gamechanger" out of all of them to me.

Which is your favorite?

#2 6 years ago

MET although wcs is also very impressive

#3 6 years ago

Not about which title you like, btw. More about the "fit" to the game....i.e. - WCS isn't my favorite game in my lineup, but the colordmd just really compliments the machine incredibly.

#4 6 years ago

I’m gonna go with sttng. Before the color dmd, I didn’t even know what half the animations were!

#5 6 years ago

I second STTNG. Just a great fit on that machine. STTNG really has great theme integration and the color DMD really puts it over the top.

#6 6 years ago

Wwfrr

#7 6 years ago

TSPP looks great with color DMD

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

TSPP looks great with color DMD

Mine is Totan! In my CV I have the LED. LED or LCD for my STLE? Any comments?

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I have them in all my machines that are available for one. Possibly the best (must have) mod for any game, imho. Some titles lend themselves to what this technology offers over others (love them all).

+1

I have them in all of my DMD games and think MET is probably the best, but all look great!

The only ColorDMD I'm currently waiting for is Mustang and I really think that has the potential for taking the top spot due to its great dots and many options for varied colors.

#10 6 years ago

Medieval Madness looks great with a ColorDMD.

#11 6 years ago

I saw Jurassic Park with one at TPF. I thought it looked awesome.

LTG : )

#12 6 years ago

ColorDMD itself is a major game changer to any of the 73 colored so far. My favorite so far is TOTAN. Just such a colorful game. However, my latest Black Rose sets the game to a whole new level, so much better in color.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Mine is Totan! In my CV I have the LED. LED or LCD for my STLE? Any comments?

Ive got the LCD in mine....really like the HIRES setting ( in all of them, actually)....

#14 6 years ago

Seeing this many different "favorites" already speaks volumes as to how good the product is!!!

#15 6 years ago

I’m 8 LCD’s for 8 games! An essential mod.

Think MET is the most impressive of my machines, but they all look SO much better in colour.

#16 6 years ago

Game of thrones is a night and day difference. The video rips were pretty bad, but with colour their unbelievable. The game feels more cohesive now.

Just waiting for one more code update to completer the game.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ive got the LCD in mine....really like the HIRES setting ( in all of them, actually)....

That is what I am leaning for

#18 6 years ago

Hands down ColorDMD is my favorite mod. Had them in all my previous dmd titles and have one in each of my current games. I couldn't pick a favorite, it does so much for any supported game.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I saw Jurassic Park with one at TPF. I thought it looked awesome.
LTG : )

We had two JPs with color DMDs at TPF this year. Lonny's (which was an amazing example, Best in Show) and mine. I agree, the color DMD on JP looks great.
It really improves an already great pin.

#21 6 years ago

I remember being blown away in Oct. 2010 at the Houston Arcade Expo when we had one installed in MM and it was awesome....best upgrade/mod for any game. My favorite is Metallica.....animations are great and even better in color.

Can’t wait for Kiss to get done!!!

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I have them in all my machines that are available for one. Possibly the best (must have) mod for any game, imho.
Some titles lend themselves to what this technology offers over others (love them all).
WCS really benefited from it's stunning release...probably the biggest "gamechanger" out of all of them to me.
Which is your favorite?

LED or LCD ?

#23 6 years ago

Just ordered one for Popeye. LCD

#24 6 years ago

TSPP, TSPP, TSPP (in a cultish chant).

I really love my AC/DC Color DMD, The Shadow isn’t too shabby either.

73145D3A-71F0-4B5A-960E-37A5E4BF9F95 (resized).jpeg73145D3A-71F0-4B5A-960E-37A5E4BF9F95 (resized).jpeg

#25 6 years ago

I thought the Safecracker at TPF with one looked amazing.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Game of thrones is a night and day difference. The video rips were pretty bad, but with colour their unbelievable. The game feels more cohesive now.
Just waiting for one more code update to completer the game.

I don't own GoT, but I agree that ColorDMD improved its display tremendously! I couldn't stand the video clips before, but now they're enjoyable to watch.

IM too. BIG difference from just the red dots!

#27 6 years ago

I think this is a tough question to answer as I feel they look awesome in all the games where I’ve seen them installed.
For Stern, MET & TWD are my personal 2 faves.
For B/W, I dig the color LED on IJ and the LCD on MB.

#28 6 years ago

TSPP and MET look really good with one.
I also really like Popeye’s.

#29 6 years ago

I dig SMVE color DMD.

But that Baywatch I saw at TPF looked pretty darn good.

#30 6 years ago

I like the MET and GOT best, all of them look great though.

#31 6 years ago

GOT.

Hands down

#32 6 years ago

I’m surprised no one mentioned Indy! Before I had the color dmd I couldn’t pass most of the video modes... as there are 4 of them!!

#33 6 years ago

I don’t have any color dmds but love the tspp which I don’t own but sttng looks incredible

#34 6 years ago

XM. It had great dots to work with, and the color really works well.

#35 6 years ago

game of thrones
the walking dead

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

I think this is a tough question to answer as I feel they look awesome in all the games where I’ve seen them installed.

Agreed....haven't seen one I didn't like. Randy and team do an amazing job.....there are some, though, that just seem to be "made for the mod" and really stand out. I have them in 9 of my games (all that can accept one), and would have to say WCS, TSPP just really set themselves apart in my lineup...

#37 6 years ago

Monster Bash is one of the prettiest games around IMHO and I think the color DMD just takes it further. Great job on this one and ALL that you have done.

#38 6 years ago

I love the color DMD in my Fish Tales

#39 6 years ago

Everyone who plays at my place really notices the LED in WCS94... however I really appreciate the extra violence in Judge Dredds Supergame modes.

#41 6 years ago

I could never go back to orange on my Creature from the Black Lagoon. STTNG was amazing too!

#42 6 years ago

TWD - best dots in pinball made even more awesome in colour!

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Everyone who plays at my place really notices the LED in WCS94... however I really appreciate the extra violence in Judge Dredds Supergame modes.

I agree on the JD Supermodes. When I was coloring that one I was kinda surprised at how graphic it was I had a lot of fun with it.

#44 6 years ago

I put one in my DH.......very pleased. Met looks great too!
GB is going to look amazing when they get around to it.....and code is complete.

#45 6 years ago

Baywatch

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I could never go back to orange on my Creature from the Black Lagoon

Man, I love that game!!!!

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I agree on the JD Supermodes. When I was coloring that one I was kinda surprised at how graphic it was I had a lot of fun with it.

Never played this one....what am I missing?

#48 6 years ago

I think one of the things that are so special to these....literally see things I didn't know existed in the display prior......

#50 6 years ago

I temp-traded my MET to my friend for his SMVE, and it beats all of my CDMD pins. But MET is a close second, and I just ordered one for GOT tonight

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

14,000 (OBO)
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 29.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,500 (OBO)
$ 1,419.00
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-is-your-favorite-colordmd-to-date?hl=indusguys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.