(Topic ID: 127205)

Which is worth more - your stock portfolio or your pins?

By ShaunoftheDead

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 185 posts
  • 71 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by MK6PIN
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which is worth more - your stocks or pins?”

• Pins! 37 votes
      19%
    • Stocks! 135 votes
      68%
    • What is this stock thing, and how do I play it? 16 votes
      8%
    • All my disposable income goes to bills and pinball!!! 12 votes
      6%

(200 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th-1.jpeg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    second-great-depression.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20150424_074219.jpg
    2003-Present.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#178 8 years ago

As an Entrepreneur, I've invested the most in something I can control (to a degree)..my Company.

I'm definitely into planning and saving (only dabble in the market), however, never forget my most important asset...my family!!! Things are in place if something happens to me so they are pretty set.

With that said, I'm very much into investing into "legacy" related events (family trips/ events, college for the kids, TIME spent with them, etc.). Confident this approach will far outlast any money that may be left after I die.....

Find it amusing that Investment Companies still go door to door, pedaling their goods (oh wait, they need your money first!!).

Have enough to not worry? not a chance...If you or a Family member get seriously ill (as most of us will encounter, sadly)...BAM gone...seen it happen many times

Live/ Save smart, but don't save your money for the government to swallow up in the end...

(off my soapbox)......mark

#179 8 years ago

Oh....my Pins are strictly my Hobby, have far more tied up in other stuff.....

#181 8 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

I can't wait to pay off my house
    It's all I think about
    Other than bacon, titties & pinball of course
    That's PW79's financial advice lol

And good advise, that is!!!!

#183 8 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

I can't wait to pay off my house
    It's all I think about

Just not sure you can ever really "pay it off"...forget the property taxes, even w/ zero mortgage, and watch what shows up in the local paper for sale!!!!

#185 8 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Yeah, but in my retirement utopia there are low fee index funds w/8% ROI's where I only draw 3.5% to cover all my expenses & excursions while the other 4.5% is reinvested to offset inflation & corrections.
    I've got it all figured out.... Just need money lol

Ahhhh....a plan...like!!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-is-worth-more-your-stock-portfolio-or-your-pins?tu=mk6pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.