(Topic ID: 127205)

Which is worth more - your stock portfolio or your pins?

By ShaunoftheDead

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 185 posts
  • 71 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by MK6PIN
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which is worth more - your stocks or pins?”

• Pins! 37 votes
      19%
    • Stocks! 135 votes
      68%
    • What is this stock thing, and how do I play it? 16 votes
      8%
    • All my disposable income goes to bills and pinball!!! 12 votes
      6%

(200 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th-1.jpeg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    second-great-depression.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20150424_074219.jpg
    2003-Present.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider breaking_dad.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#90 8 years ago

You want honesty....Had kids young...I live check to check...I'm a money under the mattress guy...my 2 pins are worth more than what's under there now...I often "dip" into my 11yr olds wallet(always put it back)...only thing down the road is a pension...my kids will want nothing to do with me when I'm old...even tho I live this way for them...kept them all in sports (ice hockey is not cheap) since they could walk....I'll way out live my sickly wife...so I'll just wait it out in my paid-off by then house full of pins when I retire.....now that is probably the most honest post on pinside............Joey

#99 8 years ago

Pinball_Freak said:
    I had my first child at 17 and three by 26, lived month to month and had to pay child support when separated from wife. Never had excess money until I hit 40 to spend on my toys.

Thank you for sharing....for a minute there I thought I was the only one.lol...I'm 38 now and no regrets....I work nights so I've got to have so much damn fun with my kids all these years...now it's time for me to have a lil fun...!!! ...........Joey

#101 8 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

(3 cats and a yorkie)

5 cats and a Weimaraner................Joey

#156 8 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

I do think that some of the folks on here have expectations far outside of reality.
    Saving is all well and good, but many of us so called privleged few graduate college with what?
    A car we have shoe stringed to keep running for 4 - 6 years.
    40-80k worth of student loans
    0 in the bank
    It is all well and dandy to save, pay this off, save for this. What about, living? I could have my loans paid off in 2 years, if I drove that shoe string car, never went out, live in the tiniest apt available, etc etc. Is it worth it? No.

Hell yaa....live in the now man...!!!............Joey

#158 8 years ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

and if you kept buying stocks through the end of 2008 and 2009 at their deep discounted prices and you picked good stocks, you would of made hundreds of thousands of $$$ - at least that what I did

If you made hundreds of thousands...why in the world is your wish-list so long...???...............Joey

#163 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinballNewb:

I assume he is talking about a 401k, which is untouchable without penalties until you are older.

Ahh....thank you....this is a VERY debatable topic....for me...I would rather have fun in the younger years and suffer in the older years...I'm guaranteed this second.....the next one you never know..........Joey

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider breaking_dad.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-is-worth-more-your-stock-portfolio-or-your-pins?tu=breaking_dad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.