(Topic ID: 274354)

Which is the better pin if you had to pick one?

By Turbo74

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3DB4A1EF-16F2-4B4E-80E5-C550793DAE2F (resized).jpeg
Image20200802155917 (resized).png
88483268-9A0B-4404-9020-629CBEE008C6 (resized).png
39D6EDB6-EFA8-45CF-A848-243FF35D3BE2 (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

If you had to choose between Williams Bad Cats and Bally Corvette which would you choose? I’m a car guy but not necessarily a Corvette guy. My daughter is a HUGE kitty cat fan so there’s that lol. If you had one spot what would you pick? Bad cats can be had for $3000 and corvette $3250. Thanks for any input!

39D6EDB6-EFA8-45CF-A848-243FF35D3BE2 (resized).jpeg39D6EDB6-EFA8-45CF-A848-243FF35D3BE2 (resized).jpeg88483268-9A0B-4404-9020-629CBEE008C6 (resized).png88483268-9A0B-4404-9020-629CBEE008C6 (resized).png
#2 3 years ago

#corvette is a better game for competition. Has more modes, more shots. Great price, make sure the engine shakes properly because they can be finicky.

#bad-cats is a fun game but the software limits the longevity. If it’s your only pin it will get old quickly. Price is high.

#3 3 years ago

Corvette

#4 3 years ago

Corvette is a Very interesting layout for sure...it has thet going for it.
Cons are Corvette douchebags sniffing around your trash

Bad cats is an annoying sys 11. Kinda fun but annoying. Annoying as Corvette douchebags?
That's a question only you can answer.

I guess it go corvette?

Grand Lizard

#5 3 years ago

Party Animal?

#6 3 years ago

You really think Bad Cats is high at 3k? I can’t find one at all and this one was offered at 3500 and there’s like 14 people in line after me trying to get it. It’s been in the same house since 1998 and is VERY clean

#7 3 years ago

Corvette

#8 3 years ago

Be a great Dad and get Bad Cats for your daughter.
I like Corvette more.
-Mike

#9 3 years ago

Bad Cats is fun and has unique theme but its not the best playing sys 11. I see it as more of a collectors choice when put against the best sys 11's.

#10 3 years ago

Get the Bad Cats and let your daughter enjoy it and if it's as clean as you say you'll get your money back if you decide to sell.

#11 3 years ago

Bad cats at 3k is usually an instant sell here. It’s an ok game but it is the weakest system 11 in my lineup. It has great sounds and music though and repeating either ramp is quite fun. I don’t like how crowded corvettes playfield is. You can only see the very bottom of it pretty good. Between the race track, ZR1 engine and the ramps. It seems cramped to me

#12 3 years ago

Corvette is the better game. Bad cats has better artwork.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from Turbo74:

You really think Bad Cats is high at 3k? I can’t find one at all and this one was offered at 3500 and there’s like 14 people in line after me trying to get it. It’s been in the same house since 1998 and is VERY clean

3k is insane for Bad Cats. It’s just not a very fun game. Avoid at all costs.

Corvette all the way.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Turbo74:

If you had to choose between Williams Bad Cats and Bally Corvette which would you choose? I’m a car guy but not necessarily a Corvette guy. My daughter is a HUGE kitty cat fan so there’s that lol. If you had one spot what would you pick? Bad cats can be had for $3000 and corvette $3250. Thanks for any input!
[quoted image][quoted image]

A few thoughts here:

1) price - both are what I would consider pretty good prices. According to pinside, Corvettes average 3650 and bad cats are at 3k. In truth, that's about right for corvette...but pretty low for bad cats.

2) availability - they made 5,001 Corvettes, but only 2,500 bad cats. Bad cats is a very quirky theme and pretty desirable since it is a system 11 and "cats and pinballs" are inextricably linked. People just don't sell bad cats pins much. They are FAR harder to come by.

3) fun - Corvette is newer with more modes, more shots, and a good/different layout. Only you can answer which is truly more fun for you, but most would likely say corvette (the top 100 has already spoken: Corvette is 125, Bad Cats is 158)

4) X-factor - these themes couldn't be more different. I would go with bad cats, but everyone will be different. This comes down to personal taste.
I don't recommend buying pins based on what other family members want, especially kids. I have 3 kiddos, and they are usually interested...for about 2 seconds. They are just happy to play, but they are fickle. You are spending the money, making the deal, and likely playing it the most by far. Get what YOU want.

You could always buy one and sell it down the road to acquire the other later.

Bottom line: Corvette is the better game, especially for longevity...but bad cats is much rarer, harder to come by, and probably the better priced of the two (it will certainly be easier to sell down the road). I feel there are better games for the price of either, however. Are you locked into these two? I would browse your options if you have time .

#15 3 years ago

My vote is for Corvette as well. I didn’t look at your line up, but, as others have said, there are better System 11s than Bad Cats. If you want something a little more rare, track down a Mousin’ Around instead. Same price point, maybe less - than the Bad Cats you are considering and a much better game.

#16 3 years ago

I'm curious to know what else is in your collection, because it may help in finding the answer.

I'd go with Bad Cats if I had to choose, especially if it's a nice one.

#17 3 years ago

If you have room for one game it would be Corvette and I'm not a huge car person either.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

If you want something a little more rare, track down a Mousin’ Around

This. Mousin has a lot more action and things to do. They packaged in quite a bit for it's time. This is on my list for the collection someday.

#19 3 years ago

Don’t buy either unless you like the game. I choose neither. Mustang would be my choice but it’s in a different ballpark.

#20 3 years ago

Avoid buying a new hobby (pinball) based on an old hobby/interest (cars/cats) unless the pin that fits your existing hobby theme is coincidentally a great game that you love to play. I wouldn’t buy either of these games. Look for a great game. Be patient. Know what you’re looking for and why. Pounce when you see it.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Be a great Dad and get Bad Cats for your daughter.
I like Corvette more.
-Mike

This hobby is 100x more fun if your family gets excited about it too.

#22 3 years ago

Never played a Corvette that I can recall, no opinion on it.

Bad Cats is priced like that though because it's a collector price, not a game price. If owning it, as a collector, is appealing to you, get it. If you're looking for $3k worth of game to enjoy you're better off spending your money elsewhere. Plenty of games cheaper than that with more gameplay.

That said, it's not like it's miserable to play or anything. There just isn't a lot of value there as far as long replayability. It's fun enough to step up to before you inevitably stop playing it.

#23 3 years ago

Vette for sure. But, I hate cats and own a vette so I'm biased

#24 3 years ago

Thanks for all the replies! Lots of good questions here and I’ll try to explain my situation and past collection as well:

I currently have 4 machines. Elvis, SWE1, Revenge From Mars and Data East Checkpoint. I’ve had the following in the past:

Theatre of magic(back when they were worth $2500)

All of these I owned back when they were worth half what they are now:

Jackbot
Whirlwind
Earthshaker
Funhouse
Viper night driving
Getaway Hs2
Elvira and the party monsters
Back to the Future

These are the most recent before my current 4 within the last 2 years.
Big Guns
goldeneye
Vegas

soooo pretty much all over the place lol. Right now 3 of the 4 i own were the ones I said I’d never sell(RFM, Elvis. Checkpoint). So that leaves two-three spots left room-wise. Ideally I’d love a MM, NGG, Indy500 but they command some serious money. If I can get a good deal on a pin I don’t know much about I save 2 slots for rotating games that could become permanent if I like them. It takes me more than a month to decide if a pin has “staying power” so I can’t just play it at the PO’s house and snag it.

Hope that helps and thank you all for the solid replies and advice!

#25 3 years ago

Corvette. So much more to the game. Bad Cats is fine too, but for a small collection, it'll get old quickly.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from snowy_owl:

Corvette. So much more to the game. Bad Cats is fine too, but for a small collection, it'll get old quickly.

Indy 500 is fast and fun as well for a car game

#27 3 years ago

If you are buying for your daughter let her play both and decide .

If she is in high school and tells her friends her Dad bought her a Corvette hope you have good hose and high water pressure to keep the boys off her ; )

Enjoy your new title ! Shane

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

I don’t like how crowded corvettes playfield is. You can only see the very bottom of it pretty good. Between the race track, ZR1 engine and the ramps. It seems cramped to me

Corvette was originally intended to be a widebody. Might explain some of the cramped feeling.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Corvette is a Very interesting layout for sure...it has thet going for it.

Amazingly similar to TMNT, actually.

Image20200802155917 (resized).pngImage20200802155917 (resized).png
#29 3 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Be patient. Know what you’re looking for and why. Pounce when you see it.

3DB4A1EF-16F2-4B4E-80E5-C550793DAE2F (resized).jpeg3DB4A1EF-16F2-4B4E-80E5-C550793DAE2F (resized).jpeg
#30 3 years ago

Corvette is a much more in depth game and will be better for the long run.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Smyrna, TN
Machine - For Sale
Etten-leur, NB
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-is-the-better-pin-if-you-had-to-pick-one?hl=turbo74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.