Alrighty, what do yall think?
I need to decide between these machines

Foo Fighters Premium, Galactic Tank Force, or Toy Story 4

Whats a better machine??

#2 1 year ago

Haven't played any of them but I'm going with FF 100%

#3 1 year ago

They are all pretty good.
Foo Fighters pro is what I would choose.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

They are all pretty good.
Foo Fighters pro is what I would choose.

Why pro over premium?

#5 1 year ago

It’s got the best art package (in my opinion) It’s around $2,000 cheaper and after playing both I would not miss the features the premium offers. The death save post is a neat feature but the pro does compensate for its absence.

#6 1 year ago

I’ve played all three.

FF is the clear winner.
TS4 sucks.
GTF is surprisingly not terrible but has major issues.

#7 1 year ago

I would say TS4 but you really need to play them all and pick the one you like best.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Alrighty, what do yall think?
Foo Fighters Premium, Galactic Tank Force, or Toy Story 4
Whats a better machine??

Depends on what you already have. If you have GZ, RUSH, JP, DP, or AIQ then FF will feel like more of the same. If you don’t, FF would be a good addition. TS4 I can’t get in to. GTF is new and completely different. Very old school feel. I liked it a lot.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

It’s got the best art package (in my opinion) It’s around $2,000 cheaper and after playing both I would not miss the features the premium offers. The death save post is a neat feature but the pro does compensate for its absence.

I agree regarding art, and not needing upper PF or Dearh Post, but the pro does feel a little barren with just the plastics. Adding an aftermarket van and robot could fix that.

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:I would say TS4.
e0f4865814869dce557c14332a98a2749232ee3d.jpeg (resized).jpge0f4865814869dce557c14332a98a2749232ee3d.jpeg (resized).jpg

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

[quoted image]

Lol you downvoted me because of a clear opinion (and one where I suggested to the OP to the pick the game he likes best). Pretty sad but I shouldn't be shocked.

#12 1 year ago

You gotta play them to have an opinion. If you can't play them, and you like Foo Fighters' music, then that is probably your safest bet.

I think GTF and TS4 will come down to tastes.

We really like our TS4 - and when we have non-pinball people over it is almost always their favorite game. However, most serious players hate it.

#13 1 year ago

Id rather finance a Krull than buy any of those garbage pins

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Id rather finance a Krull than buy any of those garbage pins

How about a magic girl?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#15 1 year ago

Might as well throw predator in for good measure

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

How about a magic girl?

Im in!!!!!! sending CC info now

#17 1 year ago

Might as well throw predator in for good measure

Soooo hilton got his predator? that or Bears Sb win, which will be first?

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Soooo hilton got his predator? that or Bears Sb win, which will be first?

No idea, but for a bears win, you have to go back in time Mcfly.

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

You are asking a forum of jaded middle aged men what you should spend your money on? What the hell is wrong with you? Just go buy something. Who cares what anyone else thinks. It’s not a big enough decision to even ask anyone else’s opinion. What the hell could someone possibly say to sway you the smallest bit at all?

If you don’t like it or it ends up sucking ass, just sell the game for what you paid for it. That’s what the hobby has become these days anyway so, just join the crowd.

#20 1 year ago

here is my unpopular opinion....Foo Fighters music licks my taint. Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath has no pin but some lame Soft pop rock band has one. Fack off

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from centerflank:

here is my unpopular opinion....Foo Fighters music licks my taint. Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath has no pin but some lame Soft pop rock band has one. Fack off

To be fair, I’m not sure Ozzy goes to the bathroom outside his pants anymore.

#22 1 year ago

To be fair, I’m not sure Ozzy goes to the bathroom outside his pants anymore.

hes smart, prob wearing a stadium pal bladder thingy with a drain tube up his...

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from centerflank:

hes smart, prob wearing a stadium pal bladder thingy with a drain tube up his...

One thing I do know, is that def leopard’s drummer has one arm, and Motley Crue’s drummer has three.

#24 1 year ago

4 Million BC... final answer

#25 1 year ago

One thing I do know, is that def leopard’s drummer has one arm, and Motley Crue’s drummer has three.

I saw motley in Tennessee maybe 6-7 years ago, they were absolutely horrifically awful, Alice Cooper was awesome though

Was my first visit to this awesome Calfkiller brewery place though…

#26 1 year ago

Foo Fighters was the best player. Pro was fun. Very flowy. Upper playfield didn't do much for me. The save post requires you to remember it's there. Don't have to worry about it on the pro. I also like the Pro backglass best. I just don't like their music so I would never buy this pin.

TS4 was fun player too. Lots of shots and great ruleset. But, not a fan of the theme either.

Tank Girl, (that's what I call it). Kinda weird theme. Save the Earth and ice cream from Galactic Karen. The tank bash toy was very close, very risky, and very necessary to go anywhere in the game. And the flying saucer warble drove me nuts even in the roar of TPF.

#27 1 year ago

Foo is best. The others are pretenders

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

Foo is best. The others are pretenders

I really like FF. It’s a great pin hands down and the theme is spot on. It’s just more of the same thing from stern. IMDN, JP, AIQ, RUSH etc were all great. JD did a hell of a job. Problem is, it plays like all the last good sterns. More of the same. If you don’t own any of these, I recommend FF no questions asked. If you do, well then I’d recommend something different.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#29 1 year ago

I really like FF. It’s a great pin hands down and the theme is spot on. It’s just more of the same thing from stern. IMDN, JP, AIQ, RUSH etc were all great. JD did a hell of a job. Problem is, it plays like all the last good sterns. More of the same. If you don’t own any of these, I recommend FF no questions asked. If you do, well then I’d recommend something different.

I dunno, I play the shit out of my JP and IMDN and keep coming back for more. Are there some similarities in feel between FF and JP? Sure. But both games put off completely different vibes as a total package.

#30 1 year ago

What do you want done differently?

My gripe is, at these prices Stern needs to start delivering more impressive mechs. For $10k every premium should have a Godzilla building quality mech. Other than that I think they’re killing it.

#31 1 year ago

Code and flow and best value: Foo.

What-the-hell, why not, too-weird-to-pass-up: GTF

Comes with spare iPad mini: TS4

#32 1 year ago

I’m going with TS4, j/k.

E0B57F2F-4A68-4F52-967D-14EC5A1C7D02.gifE0B57F2F-4A68-4F52-967D-14EC5A1C7D02.gif
#33 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lol you downvoted me because of a clear opinion (and one where I suggested to the OP to the pick the game he likes best). Pretty sad but I shouldn't be shocked.

Meanwhile...

Screenshot_20230330_062724_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230330_062724_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#34 1 year ago

How about none of the above.

TS4 is last by far.

FF best but I don’t like the band so likely not buy one but will play on location.

#35 1 year ago

I have have only played TS4 but I can tell you the answer is FF with my psychic funometer ray.

#36 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Meanwhile...
[quoted image]

Excellent point! I stand by my opinion. The only thing I found fun about TS4 was the Kaboom ramp. Otherwise…nope.

I don’t think TS4 even belongs in the conversation, if you want to pick a JJP title to compare to these two, Godfather is the obvious choice. I played a couple games at TPF and while I wouldn’t pony up that kind of money for it, it was a pretty fun game.

#37 1 year ago

Weeeelll,
Thanks dudes…. Problem is my wife loves the band queen, so I put some cash on the table. Turn out she doesn’t like the pin at all. Neither do I, I need to move my deposit over. I need to put something in my arcade as well that is fresh. ts4 is not favorable with me, but it’s good with the uninitiated. And will get button presses. I’m leaning FF, I don’t want to pay jjp prices really, but I have a credit I need to use on jjp anyway.

There’s no perfect decision, you pinheads are the only ones that have any experience. That’s why I asked, I’m sure that’s why anyone asks for opinions here

#38 1 year ago

glad i could help, thats all free of charge for you.

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Weeeelll,
Thanks dudes…. Problem is my wife loves the band queen, so I put some cash on the table. Turn out she doesn’t like the pin at all. Neither do I, I need to move my deposit over. I need to put something in my arcade as well that is fresh. ts4 is not favorable with me, but it’s good with the uninitiated. And will get button presses. I’m leaning FF, I don’t want to pay jjp prices really, but I have a credit I need to use on jjp anyway.
There’s no perfect decision, you pinheads are the only ones that have any experience. That’s why I asked, I’m sure that’s why anyone asks for opinions here

Move your deposit over to a Godfather LE it's just about the same price as the others with included invisaglass,shaker motor,outboard volume control,Bluetooth and a great fucking game!!!!

#40 1 year ago

Man, this thread has waspinat0r vibes all over it.

#41 1 year ago

I’m now contemplating buying a FF premium.

#42 1 year ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Man, this thread has waspinat0r vibes all over it.

Haha...deep cut

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Move your deposit over to a Godfather LE it's just about the same price as the others with included invisaglass,shaker motor,outboard volume control,Bluetooth and a great fucking game!!!!

Not a bad plan, I played godfather , it was fun. I’m still on the fence

#44 1 year ago

Cash is safe in my pocket for now. Where the hell is the Matrix? I'd also love a Back to the Future pin. Patiently waiting...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Contact
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
GAD Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.50
$ 35.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Burlington, VT
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Northwood, OH

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-is-the-better-game-ff-or-gtf-or-ts4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.