(Topic ID: 117787)

Which is the Best Website for Selling Pinball Machines?

By jkdblaze

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by dozer1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“The Best Website for Selling Pinball Machines Is...”

• Pinside 62 votes
      47%
    • eBay 7 votes
      5%
    • Mr. Pinball Classifieds 8 votes
      6%
    • Craigslist 41 votes
      31%
    • Local Pinball or Arcade Forum 9 votes
      7%
    • Other 6 votes
      5%

(133 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jkdblaze.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I was just curious where the majority of people are selling their pinball machines these days. While I love Pinside, I don't find it to be the best place to sell pinball machines. My two most recent games have generated very little interest on Pinside, while selling quickly on eBay. Out of the 8 games I have sold, 7 have been sold through eBay and 1 has been sold through Pinside (although I only listed 3 of the 8 here).

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

My entire lineup has changed since Oct-Nov 2014. 3 of the 4 machines I sold/traded here on Pinside. All 3 buys were under 2 weeks.

I remember your RFM for sale post. That was an impressive post and probably helped greatly in selling your game. Probably one of the most detailed for sale posts I've ever seen.

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Pinside gets you a quick sale if you price it right.

That's what I was thinking. If you need a quick sale and want to price it very aggressively Pinside may be the best option.

#13 9 years ago

Surprised to see Craigslist tied for first with Pinside. Here in Houston, there are hardly any listings ever on there. I've pretty much given up on trying to buy a machine on there. Strangely, I just searched Dallas Craigslist and there are about 5 times the amount of pinball machines on there for some reason. So maybe it's just a local problem.

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Games just don't seem to come up for sale in Houston that often.

There's been about 3 games I would have bought lately, all on the east coast which killed the deal. Nothing within 500 miles of me that I've seen and been interested in.

#35 9 years ago
    Quoted from NJGecko:

1) Word of mouth

I thought about having friends/family on the poll, but left it off since it wasn't a "website". Seems to be how a lot of machines get sold though.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jkdblaze.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-is-the-best-website-for-selling-pinball-machines?tu=jkdblaze and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.