(Topic ID: 80059)

Which is better for a Gottlieb Western themed Multi player?

By Mercury

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by kangourou
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“"Sheriff" or "Fast Draw"”

(0 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

113020066 016-815.jpg
113020066 015-465.jpg
image-9.jpg
image-15.jpg

#1 5 years ago

Boiling it down between a "Fast draw" or a "Sheriff"..Wonder what you guys think?

Thanks...113020066 015-465.jpg113020066 016-815.jpgimage-15.jpgimage-9.jpg

#2 5 years ago

Close call but Fast Draw between those two. If Mustang/Bronco was in the mix, it would get the highest vote from me.

#3 5 years ago

Two great games!! Too Close to call. I have both, and neither is leaving!!

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

If Mustang/Bronco was in the mix, it would get the highest vote from me.

Really? I had a "Bronco" a while back which I got from a local homeowner. Couldn't wait to unload it. I thought it was a dog. I've had both "Sheriff" and "Lawman". Both pretty good, but I think "QD"/"FD" are hands down winners.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Really? I had a "Bronco" a while back which I got from a local homeowner. Couldn't wait to unload it. I thought it was a dog. I've had both "Sheriff" and "Lawman". Both pretty good, but I think "QD"/"FD" are hands down winners.

Really. It's okay to have differing opinions. They are all good games. I gave my answer to the Op since he asked which one of the two. I just wanted him to be aware of ghe other '70's Gottlieb multi-player Western theme pin.

#6 5 years ago

Fast draw all day

#7 5 years ago

I've never owned a Sheriff/Lawman but have played them a little. I DO have a Quick Draw which made it into my (small) permanent collection after owning and selling two other pretty good GTB multi-players (Royal Flush & Jack in the Box).

I think FD/QD are fantastic playing games. The re-setting black drop targets for 5,000 pts apiece are an 'edge of your seat' element and the logic of the game and options for different ways to play are really amazing for an EM game.

A clear vote for Fast Draw

#8 5 years ago

If I had a chance to buy either one it would be Fast Draw. Sheriff is a good player and fun too.

Ken

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from heatwave:

I've never owned a Sheriff/Lawman but have played them a little. I DO have a Quick Draw which made it into my (small) permanent collection after owning and selling two other pretty good GTB multi-players (Royal Flush & Jack in the Box).
I think FD/QD are fantastic playing games. The re-setting black drop targets for 5,000 pts apiece are an 'edge of your seat' element and the logic of the game and options for different ways to play are really amazing for an EM game.
A clear vote for Fast Draw

I have to agree for the same reason. This is one of the reasons I like Jacks Open too (set up drop targets). Unique to these two games as I recall.

#10 5 years ago

Preference for game play
Sheriff/Lawman 1st
Fast Draw / Quick Draw 2nd
Bronco / Mustang 3rd
though I like artwork on Bronco/Mustang the best.
I guess one also needs to consider
Big Indian/Brave as western themed also,
which might fit in close near the top, with first two choices.
Wild Wild West / Lariat / Western would fit into the bottom of the list.
El Dorado/Gold Strike I guess do not count since they are single players.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Really. It's okay to have differing opinions. They are all good games. I gave my answer to the Op since he asked which one of the two. I just wanted him to be aware of ghe other '70's Gottlieb multi-player Western theme pin.

I have to agree with jrpinball:

FD/QD would be the clear choice for me as well. Sheriff/Lawman would be a great addition in a western themed lineup, but I'd get it second between the OP's two options.

To each his own, but personally, I think Bronco/Mustang is a dog comparatively too from a gameplay perspective. Nowhere near as fun IMHO.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

To each his own, but personally, I think Bronco/Mustang is a dog comparatively too from a gameplay perspective. Nowhere near as fun IMHO.

I had never seen or played a Bronco/Mustang and picked one up just because of the artwork. Couldn't get rid of it fast enough.......

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

I had never seen or played a Bronco/Mustang and picked one up just because of the artwork. Couldn't get rid of it fast enough.......

I agree 1000% with above statements, Bronco flat out sux !
Of the 2 you are considering, I personally would chose the Fast draw , A fast a fun multi player. the sheriff is Ehhh I love it in it's single player form, but the resetting every ball targets is a drag.
Get you some Fast Draw !

Brian Lenker
Madison hts,
586-344-0721

#14 5 years ago

Speaking of Fast Draw, does anyone have one for sale? I've been looking for one for a while!

#15 5 years ago

Fast Draw, but I might be a bit biased.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Preference for game play
Sheriff/Lawman 1st
Fast Draw / Quick Draw 2nd
Bronco / Mustang 3rd

Same order for me.
Disclaimer: My experience on Fast draw is limited, but I played thousands of games (yes: reaching overdose levels!) on Amazon Hunt which has a very similar layout... that was the only game in town for over a year...

#17 5 years ago

Having owned and sold Quick Draw I'll go with:

1. Sheriff
2. Quick Draw
3. Bronco

The secret to high scores on QD is to keep the ball away from the drops as the outlanes are tough on this one. I love the artwork and quick bonus count but I got tired of it surprisingly quickly.

I've never played Sheriff but I like the asymmetrical layout and you can never go wrong with a 10 target bank. I'll give Sheriff the nod in artwork too.

Bronco is OK but lacking in drop targets - 3 is not enough!

Play the games if you can...

#18 5 years ago

Both good games, but Fast Draw gets my vote.

#19 5 years ago

QD / FD for me as well.

#20 5 years ago

Pretty close call between FD and Sheriff, and agree about Bronco being will down the list!!

#21 5 years ago

1., QD, FD
2. Sheriff, Lawman

There is no 3. )

#22 5 years ago

I gotta go with FD.

#23 5 years ago

quick draw is my vote

#24 5 years ago

Since Billie Jean King and Bobby Riggs were both born in California, how about Volley? Ok. Fast Draw

#25 5 years ago

Quick/Fast Draw for me too. Has anyone mentioned Dodge City? I haven't played it, but suppose to be a real fun game. Gets very good ratings on IPDb.
Not sure what's going on with adding a poll to a topic. I did this last year successfully for Atlantis desert Isle pin, but several other topics are incomplete. Make sure you fill out choices for us to check a box.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Quick/Fast Draw for me too. Has anyone mentioned Dodge City? I haven't played it, but suppose to be a real fun game. Gets very good ratings on IPDb.
Not sure what's going on with adding a poll to a topic. I did this last year successfully for Atlantis desert Isle pin, but several other topics are incomplete. Make sure you fill out choices for us to check a box.

I owned a Dodge City and sold it - it's a good game - not a great game in my opinion. The backglass animation and projection roto unit is very cool. Gameplay was a little boring to me though but some really like it. It says 60's all over...

The op pretty much has it narrowed down to two 70's candidates though.

#27 5 years ago

IMO :

1- Sheriff
Asymetrical playfield, 10 targets reset

2- Fast Draw
2 holes, 2 targets reset, 3 bumpers

3- Bronco
never, it is a total boredom with this pin.....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cheshire, CT
$ 2.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 2.50
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Apparel - Men
Great American Pinball
$ 150.00
Various Other Swag
Test item Out of stock
Pinside Shop
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 20.00
$ 90.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Pinball Vault
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 22.00
Hardware
The MOD Couple
$ 30.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro
$ 218.00
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside