(Topic ID: 250949)

Which is better and why? Batman Forever or Batman the Dark Knight?

By SpecialK-33

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ccbiggsoo7
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4 UNTOLD LEGEND OF THE BATMAN FC[1] (resized).jpg
20190831_001525 (resized).jpg
20190831_001455 (resized).jpg
20190831_001514 (resized).jpg
20190831_001449 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Would appreciate opinions here. Thanks!

#2 4 years ago

I never cared much for Batman Forever. I think Dark Knight is far superior but I would buy B66. Its pretty much the same game as the Dark Knight but I always loved the old TV series, which premiered when I was seven years old.

#3 4 years ago

I too love B66....it’s just not in the budget

#4 4 years ago

I prefer the Dark knight , the crane is very cool . I think the coding/rules are better on dark knight also .

#5 4 years ago

I have a Dark Knight available (HUO) in Pasadena, MD. Open for trade or cash offers.

20190831_001449 (resized).jpg20190831_001449 (resized).jpg20190831_001455 (resized).jpg20190831_001455 (resized).jpg20190831_001514 (resized).jpg20190831_001514 (resized).jpg20190831_001525 (resized).jpg20190831_001525 (resized).jpg
#6 4 years ago

BDK is the better game. Underrated game by STERN. The joker shot is very satisfying.

#7 4 years ago

Gotta take the other podium and say Batman Forever is better. I could never get into BM TDK/66 but those crazy wireform ramps on the DE title always draw me in.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from SpecialK-33:

I too love B66....it’s just not in the budget

Wait six months.

#9 4 years ago

batman forever for me. never understood why they even put that damn crane in the DK. Has nothing to do with the movie.

#10 4 years ago

TDK is the easiest playing game I’ve ever owned. You need to WORK to lose a ball. The left side of the playfield is pretty pointless.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from V4Vendetta:

batman forever for me. never understood why they even put that damn crane in the DK. Has nothing to do with the movie.

Because Scarecrow's name is Crane. Stern's TDK strikes me as something designed by someone who had no familiarity with the characters or films, and was just given a list of character names and some basic art assets. The theme integration is pretty terrible, the Joker figure is off-spec, the art is uninspired.

The Batman Forever game at least looks like it was inspired from the film, for better or worse.

#12 4 years ago

Personal preference as to which each person likes. No difference if you try to compare any other 2 game titles.

I personally only look at individual titles and decide if I am a buyer. One reason is because of availability. Since my collection started in 2008, I only every seen 1 Batman Forever for sale locally, but I never seen BTDK.

#13 4 years ago

Man this is a tough because neither game is really good or even decent. Batman forever has the better layout but everything else sucks. Batman TDK is one of the worst games ever made, except for the crane which is very cool. Even though I have walked away before finishing my game from this game on numerous occasions, I am to say BTDK. It’s newer, it was a better movie and the game lends itself to modding.

#14 4 years ago

I know I am in the minority but I have owned all 3 games and think that BDK is the best playing and most fun game. I sold mine to buy a B66 which I ended up selling within about 3 months as it doesn't carry near the intensity that playing BDK does. I prefer the "meh" joker setup on BDK to the horrible clunky and convoluted turntable on B66. Hitting the crane on BDK is WAY more fun than hitting the crane on B66. BF is a pretty sexy looking game and really great under a black light but it wears thin pretty quickly and STILL reuses some of those DE sound effects. I always wanted to make a playfield decal set for BDK that looked like some 80's comic art but never got around to it.

4 UNTOLD LEGEND OF THE BATMAN FC[1] (resized).jpg4 UNTOLD LEGEND OF THE BATMAN FC[1] (resized).jpg
#15 4 years ago

First things I did to my BDK was take off that stupid batman action figure and replace the Joker figure with the heath ledger bobble head figure.

#16 4 years ago

Batman Forever is a Sega so that pretty much wraps up the losing spot right there

#17 4 years ago

Way more going on in Batman Forever. Significantly harder shots and I love the music. Way better wizard mode.

Dark Knight is fun too but it's a pretty simple game with just 1 toy.

#18 4 years ago

owned both. batman forever is a sega,.... but one of the better segas by far. tdk is the better game. If you ad the mcpit sound rom it def. ads to the experience, highly recommended for this game.

#19 4 years ago

Batman Forever hands down. More varied shots and (I think) a better art package.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from Rolpa:

Batman Forever hands down. More varied shots and (I think) a better art package.

Super shallow code though.

#21 4 years ago

Batman Forever. I know most people on pinside crap on Sega and data east pins but there is more magic and innovation on those games than any game stern has put out in the last decade. Batman forever though i would take batman 66 over both. SLE is hands down the most gorgeous pin ive ever seen. If i was in the hobby at the time they went up for sale. I would have bought one no hesitation

1 month later
#22 4 years ago

I really liked Batman Forever. My son has been asking me to pick one up but I'm afraid I will not be able to get parts for it. That's making me learn towards the Dark Knight.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I really liked Batman Forever. My son has been asking me to pick one up but I'm afraid I will not be able to get parts for it. That's making me learn towards the Dark Knight.

yeah impossible to find parts for. Colson has a really nice one for sale thats in your state I believe

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.00
$ 27.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Folsom, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-is-better-and-why-batman-forever-or-batman-the-dark-knight?hl=looprunner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.