(Topic ID: 125979)

Which is a better mod for the money ... ColorDMD or Invisiglass?

By gweempose

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 159 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Riffbear
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which is a better mod for the money?”

• ColorDMD 205 votes
      83%
    • PDI / Invisiglass 42 votes
      17%

(247 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Sparkle.jpg
    tmp_3606-20150516_2255501193738080.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#76 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I can see the playfield just fine with normal glass. I love DMD animation, and I'd rather have color animation than a sheet of glass that offers a solution for a problem I don't see.

I find it so strange that there are people like this (and there are plenty).

The difference to me is absolutely night and day. This is why I have it on all of my pins now..

And I'm going to go against the grain here, if I could only have one or the other, I'd take my PDI glass over the Color DMD.

Thank God I don't have to make that choice though, because I love both!

#83 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I think environment is a big factor. I've had plenty of people come over and say "OMG, this is Invisiglass, right!?". I'm like "No, there are just no lights on overhead and the glass is clean".
    I'm happy with the regular glass, my guests are happy with the regular glass....so there's really no way I can justify spending crazy money on new glass for all of my games. I'm already crazy spending what I do on pinball...but $6000 for f*cking glass? Can't do it.

I agree that the environment is a big factor. 3 of my pins have canned/recessed lighting right above them and the glare from regular glass is just terrible.

Still..I also have pins in other locations with no direct overhead lights, and the PDI/Invisiglass still looks way better to me. The clarity and 3 dimensionality just can't be beat.

#115 8 years ago
    Quoted from sturner:

ColorDMD and I don't think it's close. I have PDI on a couple machines and while it's nice, it doesn't do as much for the game as the ColorDMD.

It does more.

1 week later
    #126 8 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Can I change my vote? I just installed a ColorDMD in my TSPP and all I can say is WOW!!!
    In all seriousness, though, I still think non-glare glass is a better buy for the money. The backbox glare was horrible on TSPP. I stuck a piece of PDI in there and the difference was night and day.

I was thinking about this thread over the weekend while playing my pins, 3 of which have both the color DMD and PDI/Invisiglass. I really do love the Color DMD, but so little time is spent looking at it when playing compared to looking down at the PF it just seems obvious to me that the glass is the better investment. Of course I am one of those people who notice a huge improvement over regular glass too.

#137 8 years ago
    Quoted from shimoda:

I just use what my friend calls poor man's invisiglass, unscrew the starter or bulb on Sterns. No backbox glare.

That remedy creates a problem worse than the problem its trying to fix.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-is-a-better-mod-for-the-money-colordmd-or-invisiglass?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.