(Topic ID: 205832)

Which high dollar game to seek out and buy.

By o-din

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What to get the man that has nobody”

• King Kong 10 votes
      6%
    • Kingpin 23 votes
      13%
    • Big Bang Bar #! Capcom 13 votes
      8%
    • The next remake 18 votes
      11%
    • Loch Ness Monster 7 votes
      4%
    • Mermaid 9 votes
      5%
    • Williams 8-Ball 7 votes
      4%
    • None of the above 64 votes
      37%
    • All of the above 20 votes
      12%

(171 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6276FFB3-8CFC-45C5-A9B0-F8BDC590242B (resized).jpeg
    cousin-vicki-20080227043735849-000 (resized).jpg
    35465686-AFEC-42FF-8B17-3E54EBFC3F6F (resized).jpeg
    There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

Well, I didn't get a Christmas bonus this year or a kiss from any of my ex girlfriends, so I might as well treat myself. What should I get?

#2 6 years ago

restored bally playboy

#3 6 years ago

I would be after an acdc luci if I was in your shoes!

#4 6 years ago

1 vote for Mermaid

35465686-AFEC-42FF-8B17-3E54EBFC3F6F (resized).jpeg35465686-AFEC-42FF-8B17-3E54EBFC3F6F (resized).jpeg

#5 6 years ago

None of that stuff. Get you a Cyclopes to impress the friends with.

#6 6 years ago

Goin’ Nuts

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

restored bally playboy

I just saw one on eBay and Facebook a few days ago. The “owner” says make him an offer, needs sold ASAP. Fully restored with amazing touch up work on the playfield. I tried to call him back, but he’s not answering my calls or emails? Something doesn’t seem quite right....

#8 6 years ago

Thanks for all the kind words and advice. I think I'm kind of leaning towards either Cyclopes or a restored Playboy. Which would give me more enjoyment?

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Thanks for all the kind words and advice. I think I'm kind of leaning towards either Cyclopes or a restored Playboy. Which would give me more enjoyment?

Cyclopes for sure. It is fun and very deep for an 80s game.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If I ever get to play a Cyclopes I'll let you know. Looks super cool though.

#13 6 years ago

Andromeda!

#14 6 years ago

Williams 8-Ball is a great two player game. I think you'd really like it and based upon your collection the game would probably be a keeper.

#15 6 years ago

Get a big bootle of cheap booze and buy Spooky's Total Nuclear Annihilation

#17 6 years ago

Buy what theme you like.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Playboy is a great looking game, but a average playing machine

#19 6 years ago

You like EM's Odin, get the mermaid!!

#20 6 years ago

Taito Vortex

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rillo:

Taito Vortex

How many Taito pins are there in the US?

#22 6 years ago

You got Pac Man?
    No.
    You got Space Invaders?
    Nope.
    Got Asteroids?
    Nah, but my dad does sometimes he can't even sit on the toilet.
    cousin-vicki-20080227043735849-000 (resized).jpgcousin-vicki-20080227043735849-000 (resized).jpg
    Merry Christmas OD!
    Buy a big stack of nudie books baby!

#23 6 years ago

Magic Girl it up in that game room.......

#24 6 years ago

A lot of great suggestions but I'm kind of on the fence. Actually I'm in a chair. The chase is funner than the game is a totally new concept to me.

#25 6 years ago

TNA...ALL...THE...WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!

6276FFB3-8CFC-45C5-A9B0-F8BDC590242B (resized).jpeg6276FFB3-8CFC-45C5-A9B0-F8BDC590242B (resized).jpeg

#26 6 years ago

That would eliminate the chase.

#27 6 years ago

What you need is a restored Radical to go next to your restored Skateball-You live in SO Cal-you need to represent. May throw a 720 arcade next to those bad boys as well-SKATE OR DIE!

I am dead serious you need a Radical to go next to Skateball-pair made in So Cal heaven.

#28 6 years ago

Playboy.... The one to have!

#29 6 years ago

Hit the old dirt track and get a Blackwater.

#30 6 years ago

It's totally obvious what o-din truly desires......The Next Remake!

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

Hit the old dirt track and get a Blackwater.

I had a nice one for a while, but it didn't last very long.

Quoted from pinmister:

What you need is a restored Radical to go next to your restored Skateball-You live in SO Cal-you need to represent.

Radical is great and I would love to find a nice example, however I don't think it's high on the list of remake games. In fact it's probably completely off the radar.

#32 6 years ago

BM66SLE!

(ducks)

Ha, remember how it went over last time you tried this!

#33 6 years ago

I saw a SLE in person a couple weeks back and the cabinet side art is simply awesome. No wonder they aren't giving up on this one. But I already have.

#34 6 years ago

Buy in with whatever new manufacturer that suddenly pops up but only if they take pre-order money.

#35 6 years ago

Or I could buy the next game you are putting up for sale.

#36 6 years ago

You'd only turn around and sell it year later for double what you paid. Joker...

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

You'd only turn around and sell it year later for double what you paid. Joker...

Only if somebody really twisted my arm. You know how attached I get to these things.

1 week later
    #38 6 years ago
    Quoted from DK:

How many Taito pins are there in the US?

3 games, I have Polar Explorer and Vortex and i traded my Shark to a friend of mine for his Gottlieb Punk.

#39 6 years ago

Forget everything else, get at BBB.

#40 6 years ago

There’s a Magic Girl that just posted in the Marketplace. $22,500

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/58618

#41 6 years ago

A colorful boat anchor. Just what I need!

#42 6 years ago

how about instead of 1 high dollar game. You get 20 low dollar games that can be just as, if not more fun?

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

You got Pac Man?
    No.
    You got Space Invaders?
    Nope.
    Got Asteroids?
    Nah, but my dad does sometimes he can't even sit on the toilet.

Merry Christmas OD!
    Buy a big stack of nudie books baby!

I just realized Cousin Vicki is that chick from 30 Rock!!

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

how about instead of 1 high dollar game. You get 20 low dollar games that can be just as, if not more fun?

Reality is I only had room for one more game if that.

But once I sobered up after the holidays, I went with the majority in the poll and realized I didn't want one of these overpriced shit boxes in my collection after all.

So I bought a Getaway and a bag of high quality weed instead, and am very happy with my decision.

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

Forget everything else, get at BBB.

Classic! Now this guy just put his BBB up for sale and he is as local as it gets and is willing to trade for a Getaway. lol.

Not gonna happen bro.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-big-bang-bar-2

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Reality is I only had room for one more game if that.
    But once I sobered up after the holidays, I went with the majority in the poll and realized I didn't want one of these overpriced shit boxes in my collection after all.
    So I bought a Getaway and a bag of high quality weed instead, and am very happy with my decision.

I would have said cosmic gunfight, but to each his own. Least you know when the shit hits the fan, that's a game you can actually fix the boards for. Unlike the new disposable crap we are dished out these days.

#47 6 years ago

Pretty sure my next one gonna be JD. We FINALLY have a few locations (hour away) and that's the one I keep dropping coin on. But so much stuff on pf...seems like a bitch when problems arise. I also love hitting that center ramp ad nauseum on Police Force.
    How problematic was yer $1400 JD OD?

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Pretty sure my next one gonna be JD. We FINALLY have a few locations (hour away) and that's the one I keep dropping coin on.

Now that takes me back! Rocking soundtrack and violent theme! I dropped a bunch of coin on JD back in the day, and if I hadn't already owned three of them, it would be high on the to get list.

But remember, JD is only a $1400 game folks!

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Least you know when the shit hits the fan, that's a game you can actually fix the boards for. Unlike the new disposable crap we are dished out these days.

Yeah, the flippers, shooters and everything else works just fine on all my WPC and prior games. And I'm not waiting on some bug fix for a software glitch just so I can play them.

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Get a Playboy where the restorer painted over one of their eyes.

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Get a Playboy where the restorer painted over one of their eyes.

Post pics, gotta see that one!

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-high-dollar-game-to-seek-out-and-buy?hl=bek1966 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.