(Topic ID: 237863)

Which Gottlieb S80 has the best scoring balance?

By Pinasco

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Pinasco
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinasco.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hi ! Although being a Bally Williams guy I have started thinking about adding a cool Gottlieb SyS80 to my super small lineup. But......one thing I really want to avoid is that random award/unbalanced scoring that would take away the fun when competing against guests or beating old high scored on improved skills...

Which Gottlieb sys 80 would You recommend and which not ?

Thanks for Your thoughts !

#5 5 years ago

Thanks for those titles. I will try to find and play them. Only downside; they are both widebodys (space demanding), but that wont be a deal stopper if the play is good.

#7 5 years ago

Thanks Minnesota - from what I've seen on YTube Blackhole looks like a interesting playfield layout. You're absolutely right, I realize that most (all ? ) widebodys wont have a bigger total width than any normalsize backbox.....

The part of being a heavy game sounds a little scary. Gotta call in som extra muscles for this if it happens.

#15 5 years ago

Thanks for those titles guys- I will look into them.

Quoted from Frippertron:

Alternate Translite

I'm very glad to hear that . A really interesting playfield with a not-so-good-looking original backglass.

#18 5 years ago

Frippertron

Quoted from Frippertron:

Any interesting findings Pinasco?

Thanks, yes- from what I read and see about the suggestions here; I would really want to try Hollywood Heat (awesome Miami Vice vibe there ) and also Genesis. Especially if there is a good alternative translite for that machine.

Additionally I would appreciate Your opinion on two other Gottlieb Sys 80's that I find neat: TX Sector and Diamond Lady. That last game feels like something you either love or hate instantly. I would really want to try it out sometime. Are they enjoyable also for "real" players, or do they suffer from that shallow gameplay that many say is typical for some Gottliebs, compared to Williams or Ballys from the 80´s ?

#26 5 years ago

I'm taking notes here, and I mean it !
    For me personally, even if gameplay is awesome and scoring balanced - there also has to be at least a bit of optical appeal to the game.
    For that reason I would have a hard time with the look of Devils Dare.

Bad Girls is a hard choice. It looks a little cheesy, but so does Hollywood Heat which I consider to be really cool. I wish I could explain it better......there is a fine line between bad and awesome....

Leaving the rarity of TX Sector aside - is the game itself good in the rules department ?

Thanks for the other names. I have to look into Panthera.

#29 5 years ago

Sounds like TX is pretty fair then, regardless who the player is. The game itself looks like a million bucks and the sound is unbeatable. I know some folks have a real aversion towards the backglass- but I don´t think its that bad. Were I lucky enough to find one for a fair price I wouldnt let the backglass art break the deal. Worst case scenario is letting some printer guy make me a new alternative translite. Same goes for Genesis that was suggested earlier. Thanks for your thoughts EalaDubSid

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinasco.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-gottlieb-s80-has-the-best-scoring-balance?tu=Pinasco and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.