(Topic ID: 133476)

Which games throw the ball into the air?

By kevmad

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by n1teowl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Just curious which games throw the ball into the air? I love seeing them fly in the air.

Here is what I can think of:

Comet - cycle jump ramp (the first game to do ever so?)
Big Guns catapult (second game to do so?)
MM catapult
STTNG - Borg ship and canons
T2 cannon
Dirty Harry cannon
CV - ringmaster flings ball onto playfield
JM - throws ball into the glove
NGG

#2 4 years ago

The MM catapult and JM hand are pretty controlled, really just a standard VUK that you'd find on many, many machines. The JM mech is more unique and a longer travel than most though.

There are a few games with jump ramps - Robocop comes to mind.

#3 4 years ago

- Frankenstein model in MSF throws the ball
- Left ramp in Lost in Space is a jump ramp
- Center ramp in Lord of the Rings may send the ball up into The One Ring or into the pop bumpers
- Center ramp in Demolition Man jumps the ball up a little
- Jab ramps in The Champion Pub often allow the ball to enter the air, along with the jump-rope toy
- Insanity Falls in Whitewater often causes a ton of air balls.

#4 4 years ago

Just played nba for the first time today. It shoots the ball up and it's pretty fun

#5 4 years ago

Freddie's claw save can put the ball in the air.

#6 4 years ago

TOTAN's skill shot launches the ball.

#7 4 years ago

A freshly restored AFM with a cleared playfield will throw the ball where you least expect.

#10 4 years ago

T3 and AMH to add to the list.

#12 4 years ago

Text catapult

#13 4 years ago

TRON with disc pad replacement.

#14 4 years ago

Congo jump ramp, IJ off the center targets

#15 4 years ago

Congo has a jump ramp? I think you're thinking of No Fear maybe? Or another jungle-themed game?

#16 4 years ago

My pinbot when the lit drop target gets hit then ball rolls part way up ramp. Ramp opens and sends ball into the glass.

#17 4 years ago

Space jam jordan for three

#18 4 years ago

My TOM will throw a ball up if flys around the center loop to fast. Hits the glass and goes wherever

#19 4 years ago

Revenge from Mars and Monday Night Football! Mnf goes through the goal posts for the extra point or field goal

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Congo jump ramp, IJ off the center targets

If you didn't have the glass on, IJ would throw the ball off those targets right back in your face. I also had a problem with the ball flying off the ramps and knocking the shit out of my biplane...and I had the back legs jacked all the way up. That's a fast game!

#21 4 years ago

Big hurt
Lotr
The wire ramps on jd after you wax

#22 4 years ago

Goldeneye

#23 4 years ago

The ones I've noticed the most is Black Rose, Jurassic Park, Stern Playboy. Maybe they just had really strong flippers

#24 4 years ago

champion pub in a few places, when launching the ball at the punching bag it goes in the air, and also during jump rope.

#25 4 years ago

King Kong, Taxi and what about games like HH and BH ?

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#26 4 years ago
#27 4 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

- Jab ramps in The Champion Pub often allow the ball to enter the air, along with the jump-rope toy

Quoted from slydog43:

Champion Pub in a few places, when launching the ball at the punching bag it goes in the air, and also during jump rope.

I agree with this more so than any other pin. The center "jab" ramps are designed to fling that ball up and it's nearly impossible to play a game without cracking the ball into the playfield glass multiple times. The number one reason I sold my own.

#28 4 years ago

No Fear jump shot. It doesn't necessarily fly up in the air, as it flies across. The supercharger in HS2 has a similar gap jump right above the ramp entrance.

image.jpg

#30 4 years ago

Unintended: Bobby orr stand up target hits, FT when doing 2-3 long casts in a row throws it airborne.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from Law:

Congo has a jump ramp? I think you're thinking of No Fear maybe? Or another jungle-themed game?

http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/game-specific-items/williams/congo/congo-jump-ramp.html
On congo it has weird double kind of vuk that launches the ball sideways onto either the "amy" ramp or the jump ramp.

#33 4 years ago

Theatre of Magic has the spirit ring magnet that actually lifts the ball off the ramp.
I've only played the game once but I seem to remember Revenge From Mars having a ramp that launches the ball into the air (similar to LOTR centre ramp).

#34 4 years ago

ROBOCOP

#35 4 years ago

TF/TFLE: Center shot reveals ramp for airborne ball to smack Optimus prime, resulting in random ball drop location.

Hardbody: Ball dribbles between top two flippers to fall directly on lower playfield.

#36 4 years ago

Metallica sparky throws it all over

#37 4 years ago

TFLE launches balls straight into primes crotch and the ball flies to every possible place to get stuck after that.

#38 4 years ago

The LE version of Wrestlemania has a flipper that allows you to smash the ball off the left wireform. Really don't know why anyone would want to do that, but you can.

#39 4 years ago

Fire has a ramp that angles up to launch the ball to the upper level.

#40 4 years ago

World Cup Soccer has an assist shot that pops the ball up and into the goal.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
4,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Port, FL
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside