(Topic ID: 239070)

Which games did you sell really fast and don't miss?

By bladerunner

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 190 posts
  • 134 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jorro
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 190 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 5 years ago

Sorry space station or space shuttle ..

#152 5 years ago

Oh and White Water.

#153 5 years ago

Updated survivors so far are (1990s games and up): 3/25 pm.

CV, GOT and BOP are out

AFM
    LOTR
    TZ
    FH
    BBB
    POTC JJP
    CFTBL
    WOZ
    TRON
    CC
    JP

Less commonly played games:
    SC
    Tommy
    Diner

TBL
    Alien
    Lexy

#154 5 years ago

Again, it is first come first ditched
    Again, for fun only

#155 5 years ago

Waterworld
    TSPP
    couldn't get rid of quick enough

#156 5 years ago

Strange: two of the most hated here are among my most liked: Black Rose was my go-to game until it wore out. Doctor Who at TPF with PinSound sounded great to me. The double decker rising section was a surprise! But then I’ve been a Doctor Who fan since the 1970s.

#157 5 years ago

#Gladiators

#158 5 years ago

Stern PotC

#159 5 years ago

Slugfest x2

#160 5 years ago

IJ4, Big Guns and El Dorado City Of Gold

#161 5 years ago

I bought a X-Men LE and hated it the day it was delivered and sold it asap. I did the same with Roadshow. The guy that bought roadshow from me came back the next day asking if he could return it and I said sorry. I did not want it back.

#162 5 years ago

I bought and sold games for years, so it was not uncommon to flip something the same day I bought it. This past fall I bought 7 games and sold inside a week. It's not because I didn't like them it's just business to me. Someone told me I had a nice collection. I replied it's not a collection, it's inventory. Now with that being said the absolute quickest sale I needed to make was GOTG. I bought it for the route and it was an early run and so incomplete it sat in my garage for 7 weeks before I put it out. Even with the "better" code it was horrible. I even told the guy who bought it how bad it was. He insisted that's what he wanted. I believe he sold it after a month.

#163 5 years ago

Rollergames

#164 5 years ago

Wondering if those that played and say demo man had played a tight smooth playing one

It’s one of my favs I had to have again

#165 5 years ago
    Quoted from rollinover:

Wondering if those that played and say demo man had played a tight smooth playing one

I like DM too. Finally got a DM on steroids a few years back, even more fun. I think one of the main issues with the DMs out there is that the flippers are weak in most, and IMHO that makes the game very frustrating.

#166 5 years ago
    Quoted from bladerunner:

I like DM too. Finally got a DM on steroids a few years back, even more fun. I think one of the main issues with the DMs out there is that the flippers are weak in most, and IMHO that makes the game very frustrating.

I think a lot of people make false judgment on games based on their playable condition. If a game is not strong enough to hit all the shots then I cannot fairly judge it. The first time I played swords of fury it was on a machine where the upper flipper didn’t work. I remember walking away thinking I didn’t care for the game much. Come to find out you can’t really play that game without the upper flipper and now that I own one I absolutely love it. I have had three demolition man pinball machines. One of them had those weak flippers and it was very frustrating to say the least

#167 5 years ago

Xenon
    Party Zone

These two never even made it in to my house!

#168 5 years ago
    Quoted from rollinover:

I spent 2 days solid shopping the bargain one I picked up. It played beautifully. I hated it

#169 5 years ago

Godzilla - I knew it wasn’t for me on the first ball.

Play BEFORE you buy.

#170 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ive:

I spent 2 days solid shopping the bargain one I picked up. It played beautifully. I hated it

Taste is so subjective, which makes it more interesting.

I still love playing TZ, CV, CFTBL, WH20 after all these years, but cannot stand STTNG, IJ, AF or MM.
    Love SM, LOTR, IMDN, Batman66 but not TSPP, MET, ST or AC/DC.
    Love DI, WOZ is meh, Hobbit boring to me.
    Go figure!

#171 5 years ago
    Quoted from bladerunner:

Taste is so subjective, which makes it more interesting.

This is sooooo true.

I love some games that generally are considered bad. I get why people don’t like them but for some reason I just find them fun. But some of the greatest games I didn’t like. Just a matter of taste I guess.

#172 5 years ago
    Quoted from jmountjoy111:

This is sooooo true.
    I love some games that generally are considered bad. I get why people don’t like them but for some reason I just find them fun. But some of the greatest games I didn’t like. Just a matter of taste I guess.

I'm still sort of new at this pin thing. It is nice to know that I am not a freak of nature because I don't like a lot of the A list games. A lot of the pins mentioned here that you all could not unload fast enough are some of the same pins I don't like.

#173 5 years ago

Johnny Mnemonic. I played it at a show. I liked it and ended up buying it. Brought it home and just didn't have any good games on it at all. Lots of unlucky drains just turned me off to it. I'm one of the few who digs the theme. Glove doesn't bother me. Nice shots. Really wanted to like it, but it didn't like me back. So long, Johnny!

#174 5 years ago

MMr. So much wood chopping.

#175 5 years ago

Forgot about:
    Capcom Airborne-loved the theme and sounds but the layout killed it for me with center ramp shots in middle of pf, killing flow with tons of rejects,etc.
    Alvin G & Co. Pistol Poker- Loved the theme and sounds but I did not care for upper pf and impossible to find replacement parts for it-(drove me crazy).

#176 5 years ago

Updated survivors so far are (1990s games and up): 4/1

AFM
    LOTR
    TZ
    FH
    BBB
    POTC JJP
    CFTBL
    WOZ
    TRON
    CC
    JP

Less commonly played games:
    SC
    Tommy
    Diner

TBL
    Alien
    Lexy

#177 5 years ago

Sega/Stern Harley Davidson, IJ4, and South Park. I loved the theme of all of them and I wanted to love them but the games are just horrible

#178 5 years ago

Very common answer to this, but Road Show. I don't think it made it through the first week.

#179 5 years ago
    Quoted from adamross:

MMr. So much wood chopping.

To earn the money to buy one?

#180 5 years ago

Black hole. Interesting lower playfield but I couldn’t stand not being able to lane change the roll overs along with consistently having the re entry kick ball over the gate when open, oh and the music was the tipping point. Do do do dodo do dodo, do do do do dodo do, dodo do do do do, do do dodo do do. Do do do dodo do.

Not a horrible game- I just don’t miss it.

#181 5 years ago

Roadshow ... "It's Friday"
    Bye Red and Ted!

2 weeks later
    #182 4 years ago

In order of how much I loath and don't miss from (I can't even look at a flyer to maybe, if the mood is right..)

SWE1 - I love RFM but HATE SWE1. I still hear Jar Jar Binks in my nightmares
    IJ - I just don't get the love. Super clunker to me.
    Hobbit - a chore to play
    Comet - one trick pony and that stupid clown voice was terrible
    Whitewater - again, I just couldn't get into it

#183 4 years ago

I guess maybe it is because of how I got games over the years that I've never got rid of one. I played them and enjoyed them before ever going through the hassle of bringing them into my house...because both in and out are not fun.

#184 4 years ago

Whirlwind.
    I flipped in less than a day, bought then sold...

#185 4 years ago

Ive only sold 1 game ever and that was WH2O. Beautiful looking game with one of the coolest toppers for the time but just felt clunky to me and other than looks I never understood the love for it.

#188 4 years ago

Vector. Bought it because a nearby friend had one for sale cheap. Cool art, but absolutely terrible gameplay. Typical crappy split playfield game.

#189 4 years ago

Strange Science. Wanted one for years due to the art, theme & sounds. Too bad it's a one-trick pony with awful geometry. And even the trick (multiball) isn't very good. Sometimes weird is bad.

#190 4 years ago

Tmnt
    Partyzone
    Lost in space

There are 190 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-games-did-you-sell-really-fast-and-don-t-miss/page/4?hl=adamross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.