Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 154 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by beelzeboob
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

prince-valium1.jpg
    kleenex-facial-tissue-21400.jpg
    valium.jpg
    20150107_235032r.jpg
    20150106_215340w.jpg
    BITE_YOU_by_Human_Opium1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BMHouze.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#123 9 years ago

I am no expert but I would think that machine options determine value at the end of the day (a side note to recognize condition). If you have 2 80's machines of approximately the same level of wear/use the one with the best features should be more valuable. e.g. if it has multi-ball or not (or theme if it's popular). Also have to consider the nostalgia factor.
    As people get older I really don't see much of a market for woodrails for an example. As there's less people around who hold the nostalgia factor (that are willing to shell out for a machine) the only reason to buy up one would be a great theme/art or in the hopes that it will provide profit when sold down the road at a later time.
    Still, if I had to choose a woodrail or a machine with ramps or multi-ball (for the same cost) I am going to get the machine that provides the most excitement for my dollar.
    That being said I may consider a Spin Out just because it fits my current auto theme my collection currently has (if i can get one cheap as I am not overly fond of EM repair).

At the end of the day I have to consider it a hobby and not my 401K

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BMHouze.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-games-are-plummeting-in-value?tu=BMHouze and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.