New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 72990)

which game to sell? tron or twilight zone.

By marlboroa

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by dos_reboot
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20131208_171748.jpg
20131208_171730.jpg
20131208_171700.jpg
20131208_171631.jpg
20131208_171625.jpg
20131205_114030.jpg
20131205_114037.jpg
20131205_114055.jpg
1386269205375.jpg
20131208_123248.jpg
1386302604627.jpg
20131208_123117.jpg

#1 6 years ago

Which game should I sell and what should I ask?

Tron. Huo last run with both translights.
No glare backbox glass
Mirror blades
Flynn sign
Arcade mod
Light cycle mod
Pin bits plastic protectors
Pin bits pop bumper dress up kit
Flipper fidelity speaker kit
Full leds in game
Cliffy in the scoop and return lanes
Blue shooter
Shooter lane cliffy
Led disc speaker kit
Transparent rubber on disc
Lighted recognizer tied into insert

Twilight zone
No fade
3rd magnet installed and artwork done to look factory
Both mini and main playfield clear coated
Leds in inserts
Color changing door mod in backbox
545 changed to 455
Missing door flashers added
9.4 ROM
3 circuit slot machine mod
Thunderbird mod
Brass clock mod
Cliffy in slot machine
Lighted slot machine scoop
Led flippers
Piano mod
Spiral sign
Camera mod
Gum balls
Red clock housing
Target decals
Pop bumpers bodies and wafers all color matched
Plastic protectors
Blue shooter
20131205_114030.jpg20131205_114037.jpg20131205_114055.jpg1386269205375.jpg20131208_123248.jpg1386302604627.jpg20131208_123117.jpg20131208_123117.jpg

Tron looks to be sold

#2 6 years ago

Tron pics
20131208_171748.jpg20131208_171730.jpg20131208_171700.jpg20131208_171631.jpg20131208_171625.jpg

#3 6 years ago

I would sell TZ hands down.

#4 6 years ago

Ummm keep them both
Just save for awhile? These are 2 nice machines, and the guys that have Tron (like the guy above) will say Tron...guys like me that have TZ will say Tz. But in all reality...they both are very nice machines..not a "hands down"

#5 6 years ago

I need one to go.
I'm thinking Tron will be $6k+
TZ $6500+

#6 6 years ago

I sold a similarly equipped Tron for a little under 6k, it wasn't quite as upgraded as yours, but it had all the major items you listed.

I would get rid of Tron. Tron is more or less a one trick pony. Granted, it's a VERY good game, but it's no TZ...

-Wes

#7 6 years ago

I'd say keep TZ only because its getting harder to find an original un faded in that condition with the 3rd magnet. My TZ in similar condition will be one of the last games to leave.

#8 6 years ago

As much as I love tron and been playing the hell out of it, I would sell it over that TZ. That shooter lane on your TZ is drool worthy and nice upper and lower playfields. Your pricing estimate seem right on.

#9 6 years ago

Those are my favorite 2 pinball machines, but if push came to shove I would sell TZ. That's only because Tron has been my favorite movie for a long time.

#10 6 years ago

tron before tz

#12 6 years ago

Keep TZ

#13 6 years ago

I'd keep the TZ

#14 6 years ago

Keep TZ. Dump the Tron.

#15 6 years ago

I have both but if I had to sell one it would be TRON...no wait...TZ...I think...no TRON...hell I'm not sure can I get back to you?

#16 6 years ago

Two totally diff games. I am looking fir a Tron and would love yours. . That said your tz is beautiful and has everything that makes a great pin. What else in your line up ? Flow or stop and go...

Good luck with either sale

#17 6 years ago

Tron in a heartbeat, TZ never.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Two totally diff games. I am looking fir a Tron and would love yours. . That said your tz is beautiful and has everything that makes a great pin. What else in your line up ? Flow or stop and go...
Good luck with either sale

Buy my Tron then I don't have to figure out what one to sell.

Its hard to pick out of the two. Tron is a fast and fun playing game with good sound. Twilight zone has much more depth and is fun when I want a long game to play.

#19 6 years ago

Hard choice!

I would sell Tron. It's fast and fun, but my TZ is the last to go. Better sound/art/depth. It's my favorite game. POWER BALLLLLL. : )

#20 6 years ago

By Sound, I just mean call outs. Tron's music totally rocks.

#22 6 years ago

Keep TZ for sure.

#24 6 years ago

I have very nice examples of both, and I would have a very hard time deciding which one to sell. They are both such amazing games in different ways.

#25 6 years ago

Tron and TZ would be the last two machines in my collection that I would part with. If you are forced to sell one of them all I can do is wish you good luck and offer my condolences.

#26 6 years ago

Hi,

Ok. Don't mean to hijack this thread op, but I'm curious what people love about TZ so much. I've played perhaps a dozen games on location and never found it to be the drool-worthy A-list pin everyone else does. I assume I'm missing something and was wondering what you guys love about it. Tron grew on me eventually, but I'm wondering if I need to get me a few hours of solid TZ-love.

Cheers,
S

#27 6 years ago

sell the stargate or strikes n spares.

keep the two pins in question. both are kickass pins and they both look to be in amazing shape!

#28 6 years ago

I would say sell them both. Especially if someone has cash. Sounds like you are over them anyway.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from swf127:

Hi,
Ok. Don't mean to hijack this thread op, but I'm curious what people love about TZ so much. I've played perhaps a dozen games on location and never found it to be the drool-worthy A-list pin everyone else does. I assume I'm missing something and was wondering what you guys love about it. Tron grew on me eventually, but I'm wondering if I need to get me a few hours of solid TZ-love.
Cheers,
S

The sound is some of the best in pinball, not just the music but the sound effects. The rules are fun and the shots are addictive. The game is not the fastest but is not slow and boring either. The powerball is unique and it's physics keep you on your toes. Fun multiball so is the piano shot which is always a great feeling when you get a big jackpot.

So many toys, a upper playfield that is really tough to master and not really duplicated and another great feeling when you hit the bonus shot up there. So much good stuff and besides that nasty drain monster pop bumper area it never feels frustrating.

Tron is one of my favorite themes not just in pinball but there is a reason tZ is ranked number 2 on pinside it's a classic. As much as I loved my TAF I just thought TZ did so much things better then it and I felt they were close enough that I could lose one. One of my best moments playing was a game on tZ where everything just came together and it was like I could do ni wrong and ended up with 900 million and my fist punching the air I was so happy afterwards. That has never happened with Tron.

#31 6 years ago

I love TZ. It's possibly my favorite pin of all time (so hard to choose). It was the first pin I had in my collection and would be one of the last, and maybe the last, to leave. Therefore, I'd let Tron go first, and I do like Tron, but I love TZ more. Plus a no fade TZ with the 3rd magnet installed? Even better.

#33 6 years ago

obvious FS thread is obvious.

Looks to me like you are selling them both if the price is right Bob.

#34 6 years ago

I would sell Tron. Its priced better to sell.

#35 6 years ago

Keep the TZ, sell the Tron!

#36 6 years ago

The op should add a poll, you may get more response.

#37 6 years ago

I'm amazed that when the same thing was asked of TSPP, it was a resounding response in favor of Tron, but in this, TZ, given TZ and TSPP are so alike for good depth and similar play, in comparison to Tron.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I'm amazed that when the same thing was asked of TSPP, it was a resounding response in favor of Tron, but in this, TZ, given TZ and TSPP are so alike for good depth and similar play, in comparison to Tron.

TSPP seems to be a much more polarizing game than TZ. People either hate it or love it.

#39 6 years ago

I wouldn't keep TSPP or Tron, but especially Tron Pro. To me, against TZ is really no contest.

#40 6 years ago

Keep TZ... bye bye tron.

#41 6 years ago

My TZ is not going anywhere. Tron came and went. A nicely kept Tron will always be available.

#42 6 years ago

I'd dump the TZ.....not that its a bad game, but the shots on Tron are much more satisfying (Quorra to Gem combo)

#43 6 years ago

Seems most agree that Tron should go and TZ will stay.

Now who wants to buy Tron. I still have the shipping box and all that foam crap. Not like I would ever figure out how it all goes in the box.

#44 6 years ago

TRON is a keeper on the theme alone, so I'm a bit biased.

Side observation, it's funny how TRON is becoming the modern-day TZ for modding.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside