Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which game to get next to sit with IMDN Pro/MET Pre/T2”

• TSPP 2 votes
      4%
    • ST 1 vote
      2%
    • TWD Pre 13 votes
      24%
    • GB Pre 2 votes
      4%
    • LOTR 10 votes
      19%
    • DI 12 votes
      22%
    • IM 4 votes
      7%
    • Something else 10 votes
      19%

(54 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2013-1 qtr 034.JPG
    #1 5 years ago

I like reading when other people post these types of topics, so figured I'd do my own as well.

I currently have IMDN Pro, MET Pre, and T2 in my collection. I have room for 1-2 more, so am trying to figure out which game I should focus on. I like games with a display and am not a fan of EM games at all. The games in the poll are all ones I have on my wishlist because I really enjoy them when playing on location, but obviously have limited experience with them. There's probably others that I haven't tried as well. So what game would you look to add next?

I've also been thinking about selling T2 at some point, but I like that it's cheap and I've learned a lot working on it (for example, rebuilt the flippers a couple of months ago for the first time, something that would've terrified me to try on my MET, for example). Figured I'd share, in case that factors into opinions.

#2 5 years ago

Like Sys11 games? Something like Whirlwind or Dr. Dude/Mousin' Around would be something different than what you have in the collection right now. Why do you want to get rid of the T2?

#3 5 years ago

You’ve got two Sterns and one Williams, I’d shake up the lineup and add a JJP pin. All of your choices are good and I feel that there are no wrong answers. Each one of those pins has its place in a collection. Do you want a long playing 30 min game on LOTR and TSPP or a 5 min game on Iron Man?

#4 5 years ago

Walking dead pre

#5 5 years ago

Munsters

#6 5 years ago

I'd say, WOZ, TAF, GOTG, STNG or Shadow. IMO Woz is the best JJP

#7 5 years ago

I'd pop a DI or ST if you got the cash.
    You need a PL or SR in the mix.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from isJ:

Like Sys11 games? Something like Whirlwind or Dr. Dude/Mousin' Around would be something different than what you have in the collection right now. Why do you want to get rid of the T2?

I don't know that I've played many Sys11 games...

As for T2, it's kind of repetitive. Love the theme (especially because my pins are in the back of my home theater - kind of an arcade lobby), but the lack of any meaningful modes means I don't really turn it on very often. Guests do love it though.

Quoted from TheLaw:

I'd pop a DI or ST if you got the cash.
    You need a PL or SR in the mix.

With my limited play of both DI and ST, would you think they're "similar" to T2? I've only played DI a dozen times, but whenever I play ST, it feels like it has a similar flow to ST, albeit with more to do. I've been thinking that either of those would be a good replacement/upgrade for my T2, but wondering if I'm offbase there.

#9 5 years ago

T2 was great for the time but my god it's a snoozefest now.

#10 5 years ago

Feel free to come over and check out my ST - there is also one on location at Tilt.

#11 5 years ago

Woz or AFM or TNA.

DI is great too but imo Woz is the better game.

#12 5 years ago

IMO if you have the coin, JJP PoTC is the way to go.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from isJ:

IMO if you have the coin, JJP PoTC is the way to go.

I need to get out to Tilt to try that one out...

#14 5 years ago

Adding a pin, I’d choose DI, Woz, or Jjpotc (no particular preference, all good).

When the time comes to move out T2, I’d replace it with ST, TWD, or GOT....

#15 5 years ago

T2 is like ACDC. .

Yeah T2 is fun to own once but it plays like an arcade game. I owned one and enjoyed it for a while. You get a few super jackpots and you are about done with it. Great theme for sure.

I have IMDN and MET and if you enjoy those and want something fun for you and your guests look at DP or SW. SW is a rush to play and he beat theme of all time and I could do battles and listen to the cheesy music with unicorns on while I play DP all day long. Both are different than what you have now. Themes crush on those also and guest will like them.

JJP games have a different feel, like 90’s meets today. I just don’t really get a rush playing them and they don’t give off enough excitement when I am blowing up those games compared to a Stern. I play for the rush and the excitement with cool themes. Themes I like could either be a theme I enjoy, like SW, AFM or SM or edgy like MET or IMDN. JJP doesn’t fit for me with DI, Woz or POTC. I play for value also. Does one game have $2000-$4000 worth of better play than a Stern Pro? I want to justify the expense. Just me and what I like.

The above mentioned definitely try DI or POTC before you buy your next one. They are more money than Sterns so play them a lot and be sure before you put down $9000-$9500 for one. I have friends who love them and you may also.

Good luck

#16 5 years ago

... you can get DI LE for $7800 and so regular would assume $7000 (ish) if the right one pops up used maybe less.

I’m a BIG fan of TWD pro and SM or IM (great pins) not too expensive.

TNA is a different pin than most. It’s not deep and no interesting shots but it’s very fun to play. Not everything needs to be super deep.

Tspp is great with a lot of code and interesting shots and not too expensive.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

... you can get DI LE for $7800 and so regular would assume $7000 (ish) if the right one pops up used maybe less.
    I’m a BIG fan of TWD pro and SM or IM (great pins) not too expensive.
    TNA is a different pin than most. It’s not deep and no interesting shots but it’s very fun to play. Not everything needs to be super deep.
    Tspp is great with a lot of code and interesting shots and not too expensive.

NIB DI LE for $7800? Thought it was more. HUO for 7800 yes makes sense.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

NIB DI LE for $7800? Thought it was more. HUO for 7800 yes makes sense.

I never said said nib? I said if the right one pops up that’s not hard to figure I’m not talking about nib.

OP never said nib either.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I never said said nib? I said if the right one pops up that’s not hard to figure I’m not talking about nib.
    OP never said nib either.

I got excited there for a moment

But hey. CGC did a $500 price drop on AFM and MB Classics, so.....there is a chance. Uh no.

#20 5 years ago

Thanks for the feedback all (and keep it coming). I'm surprised DI is running away with it as much as it is, while TSPP has no votes yet. This gives me some games to focus on and try to play locally while making up my mind. A couple of people mentioned SM as well, and I've never played that one so will look for it (just to make my decision even more difficult ).

#21 5 years ago
    2013-1 qtr 034.JPG2013-1 qtr 034.JPG
    #22 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fezmid:

Thanks for the feedback all (and keep it coming). I'm surprised DI is running away with it as much as it is, while TSPP has no votes yet. This gives me some games to focus on and try to play locally while making up my mind. A couple of people mentioned SM as well, and I've never played that one so will look for it (just to make my decision even more difficult ).

Oh SM is good also. Have that one with my MET, IMDN and it works well. Originals and VE are both good.

And I voted for DI. I thought it was likely the best from what you had up on the list, but I like SM, DP and SM also. You already have some fun games to play. Play them all and decide.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fezmid:

I would not let the lack of votes for Tspp discourage you, it does reflect that DI is newer and may be a better but it's like asking what is better a Corvette or a Mustang they are different price cars.

I have DI LE and Tspp and sure to say DI is nicer but I paid nearly $3500 more for DI

6 months later
    #24 4 years ago

FYI - almost got DI, but then wife hit a patch of black ice this winter and totaled the car... (She's fine!) Then the dog needed surgery... So could no longer afford it. Ended up selling my T2 and found a good TWD Pro that I picked up last week.

Still want to get DI at some point, and maybe TSPP too but need to build up the back account again . Thanks for the feedback!

2 weeks later
    #25 4 years ago

You got a great lineup going. If it was me i would look into adding Jurassic Park or Elvira 3 maybe that is coming in three months. I personally think that JP blows DI away.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

You got a great lineup going. If it was me i would look into adding Jurassic Park or Elvira 3 maybe that is coming in three months. I personally think that JP blows DI away.

how can you say that about a game that no one has even played? makes zero sense . lol

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from V4Vendetta:

how can you say that about a game that no one has even played? makes zero sense . lol

What do you mean? I know lots of people that have played it already. Shit you can tell its going to be amazing just by watching the streams that they've had on it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-game-to-get-next-to-sit-with-imdn-pro-met-pre-t2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.