(Topic ID: 210621)

Which game to get color DMD in my collection?

By oropuro

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by gmkalos
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which game(s) should get the Color”

• Iron Man(currently Red) 14 votes
    8%
  • Lord of the Rings (Green) 35 votes
    20%
  • South Park (orange) 10 votes
    6%
  • The Simpsons Pinball Party(orange) 43 votes
    25%
  • The Sopranos (orange) 4 votes
    2%
  • Ac/Dc pro (red) 15 votes
    9%
  • Metallica pro (red) 45 votes
    26%
  • Terminator 3 (orange) 6 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 172 votes by 106 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2018-02-23 08_49_35-ColorDMD Displays LLC - Shopping Cart - Internet Explorer (resized).png
20170401_191646 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

Wondering which game or 2 would benefit most from upgrading to color DMD, options will have list of games and current DMD color, which should get it? Already have Congo full color and really like it but want to keep it on half or less to keep it special.

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from oropuro:

Wondering which game or 2 would benefit most from upgrading to color DMD, options will have list of games and current DMD color, which should get it? Already have Congo full color and really like it but want to keep it on half or less to keep it special.

Metallica and Simpsons Pinball Party.

#3 1 year ago

Just get all them upgraded.....it's the only way.
Stern games that have original art/animations look the best with color dmd .

#4 1 year ago

Cartoon pins always seem to look great with color. Simpsons, South park, and games like Rocky and Bullwinkle. I voted TSPP, SP would be my 2nd choice, but I'm biased due to ownership.

20170401_191646 (resized).jpg

#5 1 year ago

Just sayin...2 is not enough.
2018-02-23 08_49_35-ColorDMD Displays LLC - Shopping Cart - Internet Explorer (resized).png

#7 1 year ago

Definitely TSPP and I think one would look good in lord of the rings.

#8 1 year ago

Buy one and try it in all of them.

#9 1 year ago

I voted all!! Colordmd makes ever game better in my opinion

#10 1 year ago

I just installed a color DMD in my Metallica Pro and it really makes it pop.

#11 1 year ago

Definently iron man. Its the only game you have with movie clips and movie clip dmd games REALLY need a colorDMD. It makes a huge difference in pins that use movie clips. I would give LOTR a close second.

#12 1 year ago

I’m thinking Simpsons and 2 more to get that free shipping!

#13 1 year ago

Met first and then SP

#14 1 year ago

Met first, then LOTR. LCD all the way.

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from oropuro:

I’m thinking Simpsons and 2 more to get that free shipping!

Wise choice. Good thing is that you have all Whitestar/Sam games. Only difference in games like AC/DC, Iron Man, and MET, you have the red plexiglass in front of the DMD to replace with a clear one and whether or not these 3 games have the slanted metal speaker panel, which you would need the extra spacers for those.

That aside, you would be able to swap between any of these games since they use the same power cable adapter that comes with the kit. So if you get curious, you can swap and see how much of a difference the color makes the other games better too. Happy coloring.

#16 1 year ago

Metallica looks damn nice in color. But yeah, you can't do just one.

#17 1 year ago

I just installed the lcd for Metallica and love it.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Just sayin...2 is not enough.

I agree buy three and save on shipping. Also they are interchangeable for the most part you just have to update the Correct Rom. Buy three and then try it out in all games and see what you like the most.

#19 1 year ago

Not even close. MET by far makes the biggest difference. Can't even look at the game without color. It's a absolute crime.

As others mentioned you can't go wrong with any. Some make more of a difference than others like Metallica but a game like tron I find blue could be enough vs full color

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Not even close. MET by far makes the biggest difference. Can't even look at the game without color. It's a absolute crime.

Metallica was the one that made me get off the fence and buy my first Colordmd. It’s definitely fantastic, BUT IMHO Iron Man is the one that makes the most difference from mono. Sure, Metallica in one color is drab, but you can tell what everything is! The video clips in iron man completely com alive with the Colordmd. They go from blurry ‘what is this mess’ to defined and awesome.

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Metallica was the one that made me get off the fence and buy my first Colordmd. It’s definitely fantastic, BUT IMHO Iron Man is the one that makes the most difference from mono. Sure, Metallica in one color is drab, but you can tell what everything is! The video clips in iron man completely com alive with the Colordmd. They go from blurry ‘what is this mess’ to defined and awesome.

interesting - not really into IM but will keep in mind.

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Good point. Same exact thing with GOT. I saw so many scenes for the first time when I put color in my GOT premium. It was like a new game to me!

#23 1 year ago

I voted Metallica because it has imho the best dots Stern has ever done and they look great in color. But I agree that Iron Man benefits the most. If you do 3 I’d do those 2 and TSPP.

#24 1 year ago

great responses so far, Leaning towards MET , TSPP, and then IM or SP or LOTR? they doing free shipping to NW pinball show or only Texas?

#25 1 year ago

Met for sure.

#26 1 year ago

+1 MET

#27 1 year ago
Quoted from oropuro:

great responses so far, Leaning towards MET , TSPP, and then IM or SP or LOTR? they doing free shipping to NW pinball show or only Texas?

Great idea on the first two!

2 weeks later
#28 1 year ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Cartoon pins always seem to look great with color. Simpsons, South park, and games like Rocky and Bullwinkle. I voted TSPP, SP would be my 2nd choice, but I'm biased due to ownership.

Agreed that's why I voted Simpsons too, its a more valuable game to put that kind of loot into.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Valencia, CALIFORNIA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Decals
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 79.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 93.00
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 9.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
2,700 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Solon, OH
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
$ 259.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 26.50
Boards
PinSound
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside