(Topic ID: 342758)

Which game should I give to my son?

By PopBumperPete

9 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which game should I give to my son?”

• Fun House 4 votes
      6%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 7 votes
      10%
    • Black Rose 2 votes
      3%
    • Twilight Zone 8 votes
      11%
    • White Water 15 votes
      21%
    • The Getaway 17 votes
      24%
    • Fish Tales 17 votes
      24%

(70 votes)

#1 9 months ago

Growing up, my son never really cared for pinball, it was my thing, he had other interests
    Now he has grown up and has his own kids. Now he wants a collection
    Of these early 90's games, which would you suggest for a young family?
    (terrible list, I know)

Fun House
    Creature from The Black Lagoon
    Black Rose
    Twilight Zone
    White Water
    The Getaway
    Fish Tales

#2 9 months ago

Funhouse or Fishtales. You don't have to understand the rules for it to be fun. You're a better man than I. My kids have to wait till I'm dead before they get mine

#3 9 months ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

Funhouse or Fishtales. You don't have to understand the rules for it to be fun. You're a better man than I. My kids have to wait till I'm dead before they get mine

I have to downsize my house (and collection) anyway

#4 9 months ago

WH2O or Fishtales

#5 9 months ago

Most likely his wife would hate Funhouse. Rudy has that effect on a lot of people.

White water would be my pick, but fish tales and getaway are good picks as well.

#6 9 months ago

For me Twilight Zone would be the choice. But if he isn't into tinkering on the games probably Fish Tales.

#7 9 months ago

I’m up for adoption!

#8 9 months ago

White water. Simple rules. Biggest hit game for young kids that fits the criteria is World Cup Soccer 94 but is not on your list.

#9 9 months ago

Trizone for the win.

#10 9 months ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

White water. Simple rules. Biggest hit game for young kids that fits the criteria is World Cup Soccer 94 but is not on your list.

That was the first game my (then 4yo) grandson understood
    He liked the cartoon dog and the swinging goalie was an obvious target

#11 9 months ago

Funhouse may freak out small children. My son used to run from the room when Rudy came alive. Whitewater, Fish Tales, or Getaway

#12 9 months ago

Maybe ask your son which one he'd like.

Or is that too obvious an answer.

#13 9 months ago

Getaway
    Easy for most to understand and a “car theme” for people that don’t care for pinball

#14 9 months ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Maybe ask your son which one he'd like.
    Or is that too obvious an answer.

Most of my games I bought when it was not cool to visit dad, I played them for a few years and put them in storage

#15 9 months ago

Growing up with a White Water myself i'd choose that. Fish Tales is a fun game but a little to mean for kids? Big Foot is also a fun toy to look at when he's spinning around.

#16 9 months ago

OK,your kids? How old? do they (Boy,Girl) have any teaching experience from you? Do they know what to do with a pinball machine?? Who's gonna fix, clean, and mod for them? Good luck, have fun,B safe!!

#17 9 months ago

Wh20 and Black Rose

#18 9 months ago

If it was for me I’d say creech or whitewater, but if the kids are boys the getaway is fun.

#19 9 months ago

White Water...fun pin, fun theme and you don't need to know the rules just to play it and have fun with it. It's the go-to for most non-pinheads at my parties.

#20 9 months ago

Whitewater and Twilight. You can't just have 1 pin

#21 9 months ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

Funhouse may freak out small children.

Funhouse WILL freak out small children

#22 9 months ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

You can't just have 1 pin

I said Wh20 and Black Rose

Black Rose is really a great game and probably the best bang for your buck pin

It is worth like $2700-$3500 and for that low amount-not worth getting rid of. I almost sold mine twice and am glad I kept it. Rare fun game that is not worth selling

#23 9 months ago

You may have another option as well. You could possibly find somebody willing to trade one of your 90's classics for a Toy Story machine. Small kids would probably be into that game. Just a thought.....but would involve more effort.

#24 9 months ago

Funhouse creeps out a lot of people. I vote the Getaway. Easy, fast and fun. Fish Tales is brutal and can turn off people. Kids may enjoy it because it’s the free game included on the pinball arcade app. I’ve noticed it’s becoming more popular at the arcade because kids say “I’ve played that on my phone, I didn’t know it was real!!!”

#25 9 months ago

He gets to pick out your old folks home. You want your depends changed once a day, or once a week ?

You might take him to a show and get him the newest fanciest game he likes.

LTG : )

#26 9 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

He gets to pick out your old folks home. You want your depends changed once a day, or once a week ?
    You might take him to a show and get him the newest fanciest game he likes.
    LTG : )

"ahh, yep, that JP30th sure is beautiful. So hey, son, just spitballing here, there's this retirement community in Key Largo..."

#27 9 months ago

Fish Tales was a great first pin for me. If you want to visit a lot, give him something unreliable and teach them troubleshooting and repair while getting out of the house.

#28 9 months ago

I’d keep your pins and buy your son a Space Shuttle or a Meteor. Those were my first pins. Cheap, easy to work on and most importantly FUN!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-game-should-i-give-to-my-son and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.