Monster Bash (resized).JPG
Medieval Madness (resized).JPG
Jurassic Park Stern (resized).JPG
Congo (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
#1 10 years ago

ie: the basic whitewood?

#2 10 years ago

I think TOM. But maybe when i think longer of it, i come with something totaly different.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

ie: the basic whitewood?

Boring night in Werribee?

rd

#4 10 years ago

TAF no question.

#5 10 years ago

Monster Bash is pretty sweet.....loops, ramps....spinner in the middle

#6 10 years ago

I've been playing a lot of Baywatch lately. One could make a case that the layout on that machine is pretty close to perfect.....

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I've been playing a lot of Baywatch lately. One could make a case that the layout on that machine is pretty close to perfect.....

efficient use of space with a lot going on for sure.

#8 10 years ago

Shadow. End of story.

#9 10 years ago

Ok so JP is too

#10 10 years ago

Looking just at layout, not at theme I would go with Judge Dredd or Roadshow.

#11 10 years ago

Spider Man

#12 10 years ago

Cv has a great flow .

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Shadow. End of story.

Take the bar paddle off the upper pf add two mini flippers and you might just have a winner here.

#14 10 years ago

X-Men !!!

#15 10 years ago

I'm with you on this. This game has a lot of shots, more then any recent pin.

#16 10 years ago

Shadow. Smootest pin ever.

#17 10 years ago

Based on layout alone not taking into consideration rules or theme...I would pick Roadshow and Congo.

#18 10 years ago

"Best layout" and DMD games don't belong in the same thread... I'm going with Farfalla.

#19 10 years ago

Shadow and Spiderman are both excellent layouts IMO. STTNG gets my vote for widebodies.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Boring night in Werribee?

You got it! (what's that thread again for the NZ meeting next year?)

I ask because I see a machine being made one day with a great playfield, cool generic artwork and then different themes/rules/lighting etc that you upload. Probably need a full lcd backglass and playfield. I think I heard someone is already looking at this kind of thing.

Shadow, Spidey, MB, Judge Dredd, all great. Adams and XMen a bit too close up on the left for me.
Metallica is pretty good.

#21 10 years ago

Best game with best layout, playing a good game of "Doctor" with the wife after dark!!

#22 10 years ago

No love for Orbitor 1

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I second Baywatch. Take away the theme and I think its a top tier game. The layout is fantastic.

#24 10 years ago

Debatable. I prefer fan layouts.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

You got it! (what's that thread again for the NZ meeting next year?)

Ask and ye shall receive

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiwi-pincade-event-2014-plan-early-free-accomodation

rd

7 years later
#26 2 years ago

I'm bumping a super old thread, because this has been a question I've been thinking about a lot lately. I think a number of my favorite machines have already been answered.

Two Flippers:
Monster Bash has a great fan layout with that spinner right up the middle. It's not unique, but rules aside, that's probably my favorite of all the fan layouts.

Three Flippers:
The Shadow and Spider-Man were both mentioned for three flipper games. I like them both, but wish there was a second major shot from the third flipper. With games out at the time of this post, I might have answered Congo. For newer games, the two that come to mind are Jurassic Park and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Both have two major shots from the third flipper. What I feel those games are missing are that obvious toy like the ship on Attack From Mars or castle on Medieval Madness.

Four Flippers:
There are quite a few options for four or more flipper games. I think Baywatch is a great sleeper answer. For newer games, I'd probably toss up another title from Keith Elwin with Iron Maiden. I was blown away when I first saw that layout as Archer. It had almost everything I like about Twilight Zone squeezed into a standard size.

#27 2 years ago

This could very well be a never ending thread

It’s the reason those who have more than one pinball….have more than one.

#28 2 years ago

Three Flippers:
The Shadow and Spider-Man were both mentioned for three flipper games. I like them both, but wish there was a second major shot from the third flipper.

Shadow has two major shots from the third flipper: shadow loops are massive points. Three loops in a row lights extra ball. The second shot is the mode start / multiball off the top flipper. You can also shoot up to the battlefield from the third flipper, although I'm not sure it's really a 'designed shot.'

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Shadow has two major shots from the third flipper: shadow loops are massive points. Three loops in a row lights extra ball. The second shot is the mode start / multiball off the top flipper. You can also shoot up to the battlefield from the third flipper, although I'm not sure it's really a 'designed shot.'

I'm sure I didn't explain that well enough. What I'm looking for are two flowing shots from the third flipper. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or Jurassic Park have both an upper orbit and ramp. Those are the shots I enjoy shooting most from a third flipper. I would also toss out the upper playfield from Whitewater as an great example of what I'm looking for in a third flipper.

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

This could very well be a never ending thread
It’s the reason those who have more than one pinball….have more than one.

For sure, I've been trying to think more about what I actually enjoy and the game that has me stumped is Deadpool. I love the game, but I don't think it's a great layout. There is also Lord of the Rings. I think the reason it didn't last in my collection is because the shots are almost too perfect. I want to have a little bit of chaos to keep things interesting.

#31 2 years ago

Gotta go with Stern JP Premium here. It has (including stand-ups)

9 shots off right flipper (6 major shots)
9 shots off left flipper (6 major shots)
4 shots off upper flipper (3 major shots if you include the truck)
4 ramps
4 interactive toys (raptor, rexy, the truck, and the helicopter)
A great center spinner shot
A through the pops shot
A raptor gate that changes state and creates a unique physical ball lock

Not only that but the table doesn't feel cramped, has a good mix of hard and easy shots, and a good mix of short and long shots. Not to mention the rules that make every single stand up and everything you can hit on the playfield meaningful and one way or another but this isn't the thread for that.

I can think of a number of tables that I really like but they feel like half of back of the play field is guarded by a bunch of stand-ups and posts in the middle of the game.

If I had to shout out other table layouts they would probably be white water and medieval madness. There are so many brilliant designs though. Love this thread I am a design geek

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from Smurrill1:

Gotta go with Stern JP Premium here. It has (including stand-ups)

I love the layout, but dislike that damn truck. It ruins the set trap and chaos shots for me. The "O" is also very tight. Don't get me wrong, it's a great game, I'm just being super picky as to why it's not my number one. Speaking of number one, I don't think I ever gave my final answer. My pick would be Iron Maiden (Premium). I like having that one obvious main shot with the target. The only thing it's missing for me is a full orbit.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I don't think I ever gave my final answer, but my pick would be Iron Maiden (Premium). I like having that one obvious main shot with the target. The only thing it's missing for me is a full orbit.
[quoted image]

My favorite for sure .I like a pin with shots spread out ,up close to far away .

#34 2 years ago

Breaking down to individual shots...

I really like those low ramps / wireforms that are on the left side of Lord of the Rings and Monster Bash.
I like the center spinner on Deadpool and Monster Bash.
I like center shot that feeds a third flipper like Congo.
I like diverters, especially the player controlled ramps on The Shadow.
I like the in-lane drop targets to locks on Total Nuclear Annihilation and Metallica.
I like a repeatable upper orbit (many examples).

#35 2 years ago

Just adding a few more of my favorites:

Theater of Magic (resized).JPGTheater of Magic (resized).JPGTeenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 (resized).JPGTeenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 (resized).JPGMonster Bash (resized).JPGMonster Bash (resized).JPGMedieval Madness (resized).JPGMedieval Madness (resized).JPGJurassic Park Stern (resized).JPGJurassic Park Stern (resized).JPGCongo (resized).JPGCongo (resized).JPG

#36 2 years ago
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 12.95
$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 75.00
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-game-has-the-best-layout and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.