(Topic ID: 233721)

Which game has been bitched about the MOST on Pinside?

By MK6PIN

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MK6PIN
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John_I.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 5 years ago

Maybe some games deserve it, but in true Pinside fashion there have been many that didn't. Remember all the bitching about ACDC when it the first pictures showed up? Then slowly but surely people realized that it is a great game. Funny thing is the haters around here never really stick around long enough to eat crow in those cases. Another classic was the early bitching about Star Trek and especially STLE. I remember a few members who were doing anything they could to torpedo that game saying it would be selling for $5000 within a few months. Funny that STLE currently is considered one of the best LEs Stern has put out and still sells for more than I paid NIB. ST is another great game.

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from projvulkn:

Plus I’d rather my money go into design than franchise rights.

This argument does not stand up. Franchise rights are usually $50 or less per machine from what I understand. For that $50 you basically get nearly ready made artwork, characters, music and even video clips. The cost of developing that in house is more than $50. Sure in the old days with EMs and solid state games it was the way to go because it was just a few images that needed to be developed. Now we have high res everywhere, LCD displays, stereo sound, etc. It takes an army to develop the art/sound/video package on a pinball machine these days even with a franchise.

Not to mention that the public these days want a familiar licensed theme. Look at slot machines. Say what you will about themes like DI and I am glad you enjoy it. You will never convince me that DI would not have sold at least twice as many games if it was a good licensed theme like Led Zeppelin or even Toy Story.

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Oktoberfest, on the other hand, sounds very interesting. I cant wait to play it.

Yeah I agree. Houdini is a lot of fun and this game looks even better. I like original themes as much as the next guy despite the understanding of why most games really need to have one to make money. AFM is one of my favorite games ever and my most anticipated game this year is the Steve Ritchie unlicensed machine. Can't wait to see that.

Quoted from JodyG:

Ghostbusters

When this game first came out it was actually received pretty well. The bitching has increased exponentially since then though!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John_I.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-game-has-been-bitched-about-the-most-on-pinside?tu=John_I and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.