(Topic ID: 242984)

Which game gets the Pinstadiums?

By PantherCityPins

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which game gets the Pinstadiums?”

• STTNG 9 votes
      56%
    • Whirlwind 2 votes
      13%
    • Jurassic Park 4 votes
      25%
    • Pinbot 1 vote
      6%

(16 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wasting-money-gif-9.gif
    #1 4 years ago

I bought a set of Pinstadiums at TPF this year and am trying to figure out which game to install them on. My original plan was to put them on Whirlwind for the cool UV effect when the lightning flashes in multiball.

Now I’m wondering if STTNG might be a better home for them, wider pin and a bit darker than Whirlwind.

Which game of these 4 would you put pinstadiums on?

#2 4 years ago

It doesn't matter much, because once you put them on any one of those games then the rest will all look pretty dark in comparison.
    Of course, I am one of the big group that likes Pinstadiums. But there is an equally big (and vocal) group that doesn't like them.

#3 4 years ago

Where is the option for trash can lol.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

There is an equally big (and vocal) group that doesn't like Pinstadiums.

Quoted from Mitch:

Where is the option for trash can?

See?

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

It doesn't matter much, because once you put them on any one of those games then the rest will all look pretty dark in comparison.
    Of course, I am one of the big group that likes Pinstadiums. But there is an equally big (and vocal) group that doesn't like them.

I can understand the purist point of view but I’m not a purist. To me, more lighting of the artwork is a good thing and Pinstadiums are completely reversible so no damage is done to the machine. I have LEDs in all my machines too, I’m not a fan of colored GI but to me whatever you want to do to your machine is fine, it’s your machine!

#6 4 years ago

They might work well on an enclosure for a pet lizard.

#7 4 years ago

No zebra stripes allowed in my collection. Hidden and obscure spotlights can make a game pop for a fraction the cost.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from twhtalm:

No zebra stripes allowed in my collection. Hidden and obscure spotlights can make a game pop for a fraction the cost.

I couldn't have typed it better.

#9 4 years ago

Good luck getting an actual reasonable answer on Pinside. Cool mod. I’m putting a set on a restored whirlwind, I’ve had them on Jurassic Park which looked great to bring out the art and the uv flashing with the uv-reactive playfield ink, but sttng would look great because it would really light it up and freshen up the looks of a 90s widebody

#10 4 years ago

Another innocent inquiry about pinstadium... Interesting how they always sound the same, always from newby accounts.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from jake35:

Another innocent inquiry about pinstadium... Interesting how they always sound the same, always from newby accounts.

Yes, it’s all a conspiracy.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

...I’ve had them on Jurassic Park which looked great to bring out the art...

If there's ever a game where you want to see the art more clearly - it certainly has to be Jurassic Park.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

If there's ever a game where you want to see the art more clearly - it certainly has to be Jurassic Park.

Have to agree, I enjoy playing JP but the art is pretty bad. Also I did a LED conversion on my JP and it’s plenty bright now.

#14 4 years ago

There are a bunch of PS threads with a ton of before/after pics. I'm sure one or all of these games has been done before. I know STTNG has.

For the money you spend on PS, you could put a good bit of it towards a ColorDMD in your STTG. How about PMD glass? Better Bang for you buck but to each his own. Its such an expensive mod for what it is and what it does. Its also a mod that does nothing form most when reselling the game.
    wasting-money-gif-9.gifwasting-money-gif-9.gif

#15 4 years ago

My STTNG already had a color DMD on it when purchased. Great mod!

Also, isn’t it a little odd to talk about throwing money away when discussing pinball and mods in general???

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Have to agree, I enjoy playing JP but the art is pretty bad. Also I did a LED conversion on my JP and it’s plenty bright now.

Sounds like you already eliminated JP yourself. Down to 3 machines now.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gost2dp:

Sounds like you already eliminated JP yourself. Down to 3 machines now.

Well, I don’t think JP is a “dark” pin for me, the one issue that Pinstadiums might help with is the flashiness of the pin, there are several modes that can be blinding as it goes from dark to flashing but that’s also meant to be part of the game I think.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-game-gets-the-pinstadiums?hl=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.