(Topic ID: 195318)

Which Game Do You Look Forward to Hating?

By CrazyLevi

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 82 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by DNO
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What Game Can You Not Wait to Loathe?”

• Next Stern 54 votes
      45%
    • Total Nuclear Whathaveyou 15 votes
      13%
    • Next non-TNA Spooky 8 votes
      7%
    • Houdini 7 votes
      6%
    • JJP #4 11 votes
      9%
    • Heighway #3 (I know, I know. Bear with me) 6 votes
      5%
    • Zidware #2 19 votes
      16%

(120 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mgallery4 (resized).jpg
    cowboys-NFL_pinball (resized).jpg
    Eagles-NFL-pinball (resized).jpg
    1tsqr7 (resized).jpg
    image-1 (resized).jpg
    hate (resized).jpg
    bro (resized).jpg
    hatersgonnahate.gif
    hwjm5 (resized).jpg
    levi (resized).png
    feel-the-hate (resized).jpg
    clippy (resized).jpg
    blue_oyster_bar (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaveH.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So what game are you eagerly anticipating hating?

It seems you have put everyone here into one large bucket recently.

#58 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You got to admit it seems like pretty much everybody hates everything this August. I'm just trying to consolidate it into one glorious hatethread.

But that can't work. It isn't amorphous hate just floating around, it's mostly hate with a purpose. It's people expressing anger at some manufacturers for the product they put out while fanboys protect at all cost. It pushes us all to the edges because of the downhill spiral we are in. It started with getting less. If a game didn't sell well, code updates stopped. But then quality also fell. It's so expensive to replace the most labor intensive part of a game in the field (the playfield). Yet now it is more common than we thought. Then we have standards for what gets replaced, and people own lower quality versions of a game and will take a bath on value. Two ghosted inserts won't get you a new playfield, but it will sure drop the value of your game when you go to sell it. It isn't an investment but if I'm buying a game with ghosted inserts, you're dropping your price by at least a grand.

Hate is sometimes justified. Dissatisfaction and anger from customers leads to change or to death for companies. Sometimes it leads to both. I don't want to see companies fail, but I'm not going to care more than the manufacturer does.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaveH.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-game-do-you-look-forward-to-hating?tu=DaveH and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.