(Topic ID: 242527)

Which game brings the most rage? Are you raged at machine or yourself?

By MK6PIN

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by MK6PIN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

drac (resized).jpeg
    sor (resized).png
    There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

In another thread, it dawned on me...some games are really starting to get on my nerves (in a good way, of course).

With my lineup, TronLE and IM were always my "angry" pins. As of late, BM66LE is claiming the title. Some games I can play, lose, etc. w no anger (TAF, STLE, SM, FGY are a few that come to mind)...oddly don't get under my skin.

Now that BM66 has so many ways to play, but you must line things up, it can really bring profanity out of me, followed by an abrupt power off.

Which games currently bring the rage out in you, and why? Right now, BM66LE is the game that is destroying my sanity....

#2 4 years ago

In a bad way GB upsets me when I play it's just disappointing getting cheap drains and silly skill shots.
    In a good way Tron I have mine set up like a bastard super tough and it keeps me coming back for more.

#3 4 years ago

It's Houdini for me. I played it and the persistent giggling at me just drove me insane. This continued even when I wasn't draining the ball. It's a shame, because it is such a beautiful pin with lots of cool shots, but the sounds ruined it for me.

#4 4 years ago

Black Knight Sword of Rage.

sor (resized).pngsor (resized).png
    #5 4 years ago

The Shadow and BSD. Both brutally hard, fast, and unyielding.

Special shoutout to BSD when you have your multiballs lined up, mist multiball begins and instead of hitting the ball off the magnet, you cleanly miss it, hit the standup, and your ball careens sdtm.

#6 4 years ago

TWD. Good gosh almighty. All the work you do, and then ZING, right down the middle. Or you get a great mode started with Bloodbath on the verge of happening and you miss the last standup and outlane drain for you!

#7 4 years ago

Bad cats.

#8 4 years ago

Currently it's WhirlWind for me.

#9 4 years ago

Pinbot.

The outlanes.

Never has a game frustrated me
    Like pinbot.

#10 4 years ago

I’d say any game if your not hitting shots. Missed shots usually means trouble.

#11 4 years ago

TWD Prem for me. I had to sell it.

#12 4 years ago

I’m with you Mk, b66 at the moment.

But TWD is the all time king of rage.

#13 4 years ago

Houdini.

#14 4 years ago

GB for cheap drains.

RZ for bad layout.

#15 4 years ago

That $65K TZ did pretty good in the rage department.

LTG : )

#16 4 years ago

Funhouse. As much as I love playing, when I’m having a bad game that music starts grating on me

#17 4 years ago

Two games.

The newest release.

Your favorite pin.

I hate both of those!

#18 4 years ago

GB is a love / hate for me. Love just looking at it...would you just look at it ....but then I play it and two bad drains later the power is killed and I move down the line. I don't want to put the center post mod on because I feel like its cheating.

#19 4 years ago

IM all day long

#20 4 years ago

EBD

#22 4 years ago

TWD. As they say, with risk comes reward. That about sums up TWD. It can be maddening.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

I’m with you Mk, b66 at the moment.
    But TWD is the all time king of rage.

Ice is trying to convince me I need this game (TWD)...think I need to pay attention for a nice version..played one alot in Vegas. Probably would grow on me, but haven't quite pulled the trigger yet.

Shout out to BSD....brick city for sure...

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

In a bad way GB upsets me when I play it's just disappointing getting cheap drains and silly skill shots.
    In a good way Tron I have mine set up like a bastard super tough and it keeps me coming back for more.

Tron is just Tron..."a beatdown awaits, proceed accordingly"

#25 4 years ago

BM66 is just such an appealing title, lures you in for a game, sets you up (like you know what you're doing) 1 good ball, then DONE...in a hurry..uggh..

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Pinbot.
    The outlanes.
    Never has a game frustrated me
    Like pinbot.

Agreed!

#28 4 years ago

Used to be GB so out it went. My current game that gets turned off occasionally before my game is over is MET. That left outlane is maddening.

#29 4 years ago

My blood pressure has been very normal lately. Picked up a TWD, put it next to Tron....problem solved...

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

BM66 is just such an appealing title, lures you in for a game, sets you up (like you know what you're doing) 1 good ball, then DONE...in a hurry..uggh..

Slings on my B66 are freakin brutal -instant death. And the risk reward means you’re always trying to stack just one more villain/mode/multiball. Perfect stack and then drain from the slings = instant rage tilt.

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ice is trying to convince me I need this game (TWD)...think I need to pay attention for a nice version..played one alot in Vegas. Probably would grow on me, but haven't quite pulled the trigger yet.
    Shout out to BSD....brick city for sure...

Try to get a nice premium.

#32 4 years ago

GOT and Blunderturds!
    instant anger as I hate playing them.

#33 4 years ago

ACDC. Especially when the zips to an outline, and you are only left with Steve Ritchie laughing at you. I always curse at the game, turn if off and storm away.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Slings on my B66 are freakin brutal -instant death. And the risk reward means you’re always trying to stack just one more villain/mode/multiball. Perfect stack and then drain from the slings = instant rage tilt.

Exactly!!!...It's always that " one more mini villain" that gets me... I'll get caught watching or changing screens ( incredibly cool feature) and BAM...Game over, tilt, power off.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Try to get a nice premium.

Really like the translite and cab art on the LE..No one seems to be giving these away however, so game is certainly holding it's price...My search has begun...

#36 4 years ago

For me it was the shadow. Trying to fit the ball in the mode start and having it drain was an instant power off

#37 4 years ago

Walking Dead and iron maiden both consistently kick my ass. Walking Dead has always been a challenge but since I added iron maiden walking Dead feels easier. iron maiden can be both brutal and satisfying at the same time, love that pin

#39 4 years ago

Sorcerer.

Keeping both balls in play during multiball for more than 30 seconds is a reason to celebrate.

#40 4 years ago

Jungle King, I could never keep that thing working right for more than a day. I got so mad at it that I traded it for a Williams.

oh. Playing a game! Carry on.

#41 4 years ago

I get pretty pissed playing ACDC trying for Encore.

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

TWD Prem for me. I had to sell it.

Me too... maybe it was just my particular game, but the constant cheap drains from the pops and SDTM magnet throws from the prison did it for me.

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Walking Dead and iron maiden both consistently kick my ass. Walking Dead has always been a challenge but since I added iron maiden walking Dead feels easier. iron maiden can be both brutal and satisfying at the same time, love that pin

Kicked ass on Iron Maiden ball 1 last night with 400million+. Game was over 2 minutes and 3 balls later still in the 400's. Moved over to TNA for a few games, big mistake. TNA has been pissed ever since Maiden showed up and lets me know every session who's boss.

#44 4 years ago

Aerosmith. I HATE...HAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE Aerosmith! The art, the music, the call outs, everything...

More infuriating to play is TWDLE. While I do love the game, and it's in my top 10, I managed to sprain my toe when it got me so pissed off that I kicked it. Fun, but what a whore of a game to play!

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from HOOKED:

GB is a love / hate for me. Love just looking at it...would you just look at it ....but then I play it and two bad drains later the power is killed and I move down the line. I don't want to put the center post mod on because I feel like its cheating.

These are mine. GB for SDTM and ST:TNG for outlanes. I wouldn't worry about the center post feeling like cheating. It saves maybe one in five. More often then not the ball is coming at some angle and it just hits the post and bounces to the back side of a flipper. The true rage enducing ones are when the ball is dropping out of the right orbit. 8 of 10 are saved by the gate, but it was a poor design. Then there are those outlanes on ST:TNG. I swear they are smoother then orbits on most games.

#47 4 years ago
    #48 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinLen83:

More infuriating to play is TWDLE. While I do love the game, and it's in my top 10, I managed to sprain my toe when it got me so pissed off that I kicked it. Fun, but what a whore of a game to play!

Too funny!!! When a machine causes physical injury due to rage, think it wins!!! Definitely seeing a trend of TWD pissing many, many off, but love the game....

#49 4 years ago

Ghostbusters Premium. Magna slings were a terrible idea.

#50 4 years ago

I wouldn't say rage so to speak, but definitely a bunch of frustrating f*ckery.

For me it's BSD... As we know, it's brutal and can make you want to just tip the machine back on it's head and walk away... in a good way

1.) Starting mist and knocking the ball off the magnet, but having the shooting ball get caught by the magnet, or worse, getting both caught on the magnet.

2.) Working so hard to have several of the multiballs ready to go, but draining one and starting another on it's own after the former ends prematurely and never stacking.

3.) Accidentally hitting the middle targets and it coming back at you 100MPH SDTM

4.) This happened recently, twice actually, but having the coffin MB on the brink of starting, throwing ball #2 in the coffin, but immediately getting #3 in at the same moment as #2 and it only registers the one, and then you drain never even starting the MB.

5.) The ball ejects from the upper left scoop, bounces around, then drains SDTM.

As you can see, BSD is a lot of frustrating f*ckery, but I wouldn't want it any other way. Never hurt so good!

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-game-brings-the-most-rage?hl=stupidjackpot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.