(Topic ID: 242527)

Which game brings the most rage? Are you raged at machine or yourself?

By MK6PIN

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by MK6PIN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

drac (resized).jpeg
    sor (resized).png
    There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago

Flash Gordon quickly comes to mind.
    I wanted to pound in glass many times, but I respect the game too much.

#52 4 years ago

Walking dead.. cheap drains. 1 ramp just too hard to hit

#53 4 years ago

Star wars. The game is just so uninspired looking, and the outlanes are terrible. Even at 50 cents a play, I walk right by it now.

#54 4 years ago

LOTR. Getting to Destroy the Ring, making all the shots and then draining the ball just before shooting the Ring for the final shot.

No rage, just frustration.

#55 4 years ago

Blackhole.

the lower playfield and not getting the gate.

Drives me crazy every, every time.

#56 4 years ago

Any game with a fake knocker.

#57 4 years ago

Hunting for a nice TWDLE now...

In the meantime, my "rage against the machine" will be focused on BM66LE.....going to beat the crap out of it tonight (who am I kidding).

As far as Munsters, have an LE and it's fun as hell....goes in the "nice ride" category, though a drain monster.....

#58 4 years ago

F-14. One super tough, seizure inducing game.

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

F-14. One super tough game.

One of my favorite system 11's. I love to get mad at it

#60 4 years ago

Flash Gordon

#61 4 years ago

Black Knight 2000. Good thing that song keeps me going.

#62 4 years ago

Nothing gets the foul language flowing like Iron Man.

It's hard enough to start all the modes & begin Jericho in a game. Adding to this difficulty is the fact that it's more common to spot Bigfoot than earn an extra ball.

If you are fortunate enough to start all the modes on a single ball, you'll light the Do-Or-Die countdown Hurry-up shot for 50 million. On a game where big points are hard to come by, this is quite possibly one of the most difficult to start & most satisfying to make. You WANT those big points. And you will scream bloody murder when you drain the ball immediately. Do-Or-Die indeed.

Fast & brutal game, which gets even more impossible if you set it up with enormous outlanes. Wouldn't have it any other way. Bolted to the floor

#63 4 years ago

Goatf***ers, due to it being horribly designed and unplayable. Obviously.

/End Thread

#64 4 years ago

Surprised no one has mentioned Fish Tales. I am either making shots or bricking every single one. So frustrating. TWD also big rage for me. Keep trying to play it to see why it's such a popular game. I've had games where ball after ball after ball roll out of the pops sdtm. Only Stern SW can compete for the title of worst drains off a plunge without touching flippers.

#65 4 years ago

Iron Man and Tron always when I play them

#66 4 years ago

TronLE for the win, I’ve had more rage quits on the first ball

But also space station and robowar... just when you think you’re going to beat your best score, a lousy bad habit or outlane kills it

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Nothing gets the foul language flowing like Iron Man.
    It's hard enough to start all the modes & begin Jericho in a game. Adding to this difficulty is the fact that it's more common to spot Bigfoot than earn an extra ball.
    If you are fortunate enough to start all the modes on a single ball, you'll light the Do-Or-Die countdown Hurry-up shot for 50 million. On a game where big points are hard to come by, this is quite possibly one of the most difficult to start & most satisfying to make. You WANT those big points. And you will scream bloody murder when you drain the ball immediately. Do-Or-Die indeed.
    Fast & brutal game, which gets even more impossible if you set it up with enormous outlanes. Wouldn't have it any other way. Bolted to the floor

These 2 have always been my killers...If I have 10 minutes to kill before dinner is ready, can generally get several games in on either, curse them madly, then shut them down.

BM66 brings a whole new level of rage currently....I'm convinced I understand it enough to get decent ball time and big points...Result?...try again...Whew, profanity spewed again last night....

#68 4 years ago

Coin flip...

drac (resized).jpegdrac (resized).jpeg
    #69 4 years ago

Stern StarWars comes to mind as almost all of them have one or more of the following problems that the operator has failed to tweak.

Mystery scoop eject SDTM
    Left or right orbit exit SDTM
    Deathstar / Hoth mini loop exit sdtm (On the Pro)
    Auto plunge to left outlane

#70 4 years ago

My The Shadow is brutal:
    if the ball hits the slings --> outlane it is
    if you miss your shots --> you're done...
    but I love it and keep coming back to it everyday

#71 4 years ago

Thunderbirds.

Just because it exists.

#72 4 years ago

The one I am currently restoring when I discover I need to order MORE parts.

#73 4 years ago

As I see a trend here, added a caveat to the subject....

When you achieve maximum rage, is it because you can't achieve that "one more shot" to get what you want due to either skill or machine brutality (SDTM, side drains etc.), OR:

Rage occurs as you literally just despise the machine (but still play/ own it for some reason)

#74 4 years ago

Ok...long day at work, bourbon night.....

Already stated my current rage against the machine - BM66LE - I (basically) know what to do for big scores, line it up, just can't pull it off, as I'm an average player at best. Love the game, however.

Rage towards a machine because I don't like it - Dialed In....I wanted a PL JJP sooo bad, and simply couldn't pull the trigger. Comic in hand, my heart sank, saw it, played it...I was pissed..a no go for me. Is what it is...like many titles for many of you....just can't stand the game.

2 examples...my take

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-game-brings-the-most-rage/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.