• Zombieland 30 votes
    16%
  • Other 23 votes
    12%

(187 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Which of these games are you most looking forward to?

http://bigyearpinball.wordpress.com/2013/04/19/the-american-music-pop-culture-expo-hershey-pa-the-wizard-of-oz-review-1-march-292013/

please vote here and on my blog...mine for is for predator...

if there are other new ones you think I should add, let me know...

#2 11 years ago

I voted for Zombieland (I assume you mean Zombie Adventureland it helps if you get the choices correct so we can vote correctly especially as there are 2 Zombie theme pins on the horizon).

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I voted for Zombieland (I assume you mean Zombie Adventureland it helps if you get the choices correct so we can vote correctly especially as there are 2 Zombie theme pins on the horizon).

This

#4 11 years ago

My next one.

#5 11 years ago

I wanted to discuss this in regards to Predator. I did not want to make a separate thread so I thought this would be a good place.

I am on the list for both Predator.

My thoughts regarding all these pins vs Predator.

My idea of modern pins (that is pins in the DMD era or maybe since T2) is that there are interactive toys. What I mean, take MM with it's troll heads and castle. PotC with it's ship, Tron with drop banks and spinning disc. (etc.). I love me some toys. I love subways in TZ or TOTAN or IJ etc. I love magnets and whatnot.

Now Predator, seems to me I have studied it up down and sideways. Seems to me it has 8 things you can shoot at or hit.

2 ramps
2 holes
2 loops
2 targets

nothing does anything. Well there is a ball lock and VUK and a diverter or two. There is not even a shooter rod.

I am just wondering if this is going to be enough for me. I mean, for this money I could get a SM or IM or whatever.

I am not putting Predator down. I am just asking if it will be interesting enough for me.

I am not super sold on the art work, seems like a huddle of characters from the movie. No action just several guys standing in a row like they are getting their picture taken. I wanted some cool art such as H. R. Giger or whatever similar dark in nature. I don't care about the art work that has been revealed.

Now, I guess it's very hard for me to say, I have not played Predator. But I have not played Metallica either. But just form the toy standpoint and things like drop targets etc.. it seems like Predator is very basic. I mean just about any game I have I can say there are 15+ things to shoot for. Predator has 8 things to shoot for.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Yes, Zombieland adventure...what is the other zombie themed pin on the horizon?

#7 11 years ago

My most anticipated pin is Nemo, because it should be home before Predator... which is a close second. So obviously I am voting - as probably most - for a machine I am anticipating... at home which is kind of biased...

#8 11 years ago

Ben Heck's Zombie Adventureland.

#9 11 years ago

Zombie Adventureland has the most potential to "wow".

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Zombie Adventureland has the most potential to "wow".

... or disappoint. Hopefully Wow as I am extremely excited about this one as well. That can be a dangerous thing.

#11 11 years ago

star trek for me, finally something different!

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from louknees:

Yes, Zombieland adventure...what is the other zombie themed pin on the horizon?

Spookie Zombie pinball (not sure it's exact title).

#13 11 years ago

No matter what, It's a great time for the hobby, lots of games coming out and lot's of titles we are all eagerly anticipating. Me personally I'm looking forward to Star Trek and Predator. WOZ isn't my cup of tea theme wise, and Zombies aren't my thing. Metallica looks cool too but Steve creates games I like the most. Just my 2 cents.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I wanted to discuss this in regards to Predator. I did not want to make a separate thread so I thought this would be a good place.
I am on the list for both Predator.
My thoughts regarding all these pins vs Predator.
My idea of modern pins (that is pins in the DMD era or maybe since T2) is that there are interactive toys. What I mean, take MM with it's troll heads and castle. PotC with it's ship, Tron with drop banks and spinning disc. (etc.). I love me some toys. I love subways in TZ or TOTAN or IJ etc. I love magnets and whatnot.
Now Predator, seems to me I have studied it up down and sideways. Seems to me it has 8 things you can shoot at or hit.
2 ramps
2 holes
2 loops
2 targets
nothing does anything. Well there is a ball lock and VUK and a diverter or two. There is not even a shooter rod.
I am just wondering if this is going to be enough for me. I mean, for this money I could get a SM or IM or whatever.
I am not putting Predator down. I am just asking if it will be interesting enough for me.
I am not super sold on the art work, seems like a huddle of characters from the movie. No action just several guys standing in a row like they are getting their picture taken. I wanted some cool art such as H. R. Giger or whatever similar dark in nature. I don't care about the art work that has been revealed.
Now, I guess it's very hard for me to say, I have not played Predator. But I have not played Metallica either. But just form the toy standpoint and things like drop targets etc.. it seems like Predator is very basic. I mean just about any game I have I can say there are 15+ things to shoot for. Predator has 8 things to shoot for.

I think this is fair, except I count banks of targets as one "feature" so I'd make it seven, not eight. The, also fair, argument is that everything can be shot from both flippers, but I'm not really sure I buy that as a straight up multiplier. Maybe it is though since you're definitely doing different shit with each flipper. *shrug* There are a number of people on this forum who have played the machine, even as white wood, whose opinions I hold in high regard, who say it's great. And there are probably an equal number who say, "meh".

But, going deeper, I'm not sure my shot count of seven, multiplied or not by accessibility from both flippers, does even the white wood justice because of things like hunts, modes and software. Sure you can hit either loop, but you can also terminate either on the fly. Yeah there's just the two ramps, but you can call your shot with hunts, chase Anna all over the field, etc...

I think this is going to be a very specifically targeted machine: It's not going to be for everyone. But, that's what we're all after with these boutique companies right? Small run, well built, innovative, dedicated games for a select demographic. I hope to hell it's going to be for me though. I'll get a chance to play it in Tacoma and you can bet sacks of doughnuts I'll speaking my mind afterward.

#15 11 years ago

I don't know if we'll get to play them all as some are VERY limited, but looking forward to playing Metallica, WOZ, Star Trek and Predator as I know people getting them...

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Spookie Zombie pinball (not sure it's exact title).

Pinball Zombies from Beyond the Grave

#17 11 years ago

STERN STAR TREK

image.jpgimage.jpg

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

My most anticipated pin is Nemo, because it should be home before Predator... which is a close second. So obviously I am voting - as probably most - for a machine I am anticipating... at home which is kind of biased...

this nemo pin that you mention looks pretty awesome, but only 30 units doesn't seem like enough...

http://www.pinballnews.com/news/nemo/

#19 11 years ago

Metallica for me.

#20 11 years ago

About Predator, not sure it matters you can backhand all shots, at least that doesn't count as more shots unless you count other games shots you can backhand, just counting actual targets you can hit. For example in Tron there are two ways to hit Gem shot but I count that as one shot.

PotC a 2 flipper game has something like 18 targets, counting 4 shots for the extreme lower loop and target. PotC has 7 main shots vs Predator 7/8 shots. But then PotC has another 8 more things you can hit, 4 pirates stand up targets, and 4 lower loops / targets and has three toys.

I'm not saying Predator is bad, hope it doesn't come off that way.

#21 11 years ago

OTHER

Stern's version of Whoa Nellie, Big Juciy Mellons

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

About Predator, not sure it matters you can backhand all shots, at least that doesn't count as more shots unless you count other games shots you can backhand, just counting actual targets you can hit. For example in Tron there are two ways to hit Gem shot but I count that as one shot.
PotC a 2 flipper game has something like 18 targets, counting 4 shots for the extreme lower loop and target. PotC has 7 main shots vs Predator 7/8 shots. But then PotC has another 8 more things you can hit, 4 pirates stand up targets, and 4 lower loops / targets and has three toys.
I'm not saying Predator is bad, hope it doesn't come off that way.

Oh I know you're not, SkitB knows you're not, but there's always those polar internet denizens who can't operate outside the fan/hate box. Pinside is easily one of the best forums I've visited, but the wealth of Stern vs. JJP vs. The World threads attests that it's not immune to the above.

I do think it's significant how open Kevin is about the design of the game and that of all the things he worries about the game, shot count is not one of them. Have you played Rai? Are you going to be able to before purchase? With so many shows coming up, and so much progress being made on the machine, I think we'll have a much better handle on this play field in the next few months.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from louknees:

this nemo pin that you mention looks pretty awesome, but only 30 units doesn't seem like enough...

Well, it is not sold out (by a few units) so aiming at 30 seemed reasonable.
Feel free to join!

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Well, it is not sold out (by a few units) so aiming at 30 seemed reasonable.
Feel free to join!

whats the price point?

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

Star Trek for me, finally something different!

What's different about it?

#26 11 years ago

the hobbit!

#27 11 years ago

Ghost squad.

#29 11 years ago

Me too. Poll needs a Hobbit option.

#30 11 years ago

I am anticipating Ghost Squad and PZFBTG

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from louknees:

whats the price point?

4350-4425 euros (depends on coin door)

#32 11 years ago

i'm anticipating the one that releases under 6k.

#33 11 years ago

Magic Girl

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I take it you're on the list for Predator?

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I take it you're on the list for Predator?

nope, I don't preorder shit I havn't played extensively. I've played Predator and i'll look forward to it when it's farther along. Coming along well. I think it's sold out anyway.

#36 11 years ago

Centaur

I would love to have a Centaur in my collection
or an eightball deluxe

#38 11 years ago

Where's the none option? Seriously, the new game hype syndrome is overrated; believe me I know. Sure it's all opinion, but I'm anticipating how that entire list of games will play/feel/shoot/rules integration a year after its release. Thats what im looking forward to. Until then you're just a beta tester.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

have fun with your Zizzle!

#40 11 years ago

or many old games which you can buy 3, 4 or 5 of for the same price as 1 NIB. I'll take STTNG, WCS, JP and a stargate for the price of a Metallica.

Besides.... Why would I want a game where I have to turn the volume off to enjoy it? If I wanted that, i'd buy a BK.

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

have fun with your Zizzle!

Nemo and Predator are both under 6k.

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from krupa:

Me too. Poll needs a Hobbit option.

I was surprised that it was not on the poll

#43 11 years ago

Lets not forget Chucks. Pinball Zombies from beyond the grave as well.

#44 11 years ago

pinball zombies from beyond the grave.

#45 11 years ago

Predator under 5,000

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What's different about it?

the colors in the translite.

#47 11 years ago

I thought about putting the hobbit, but jack still hasn't released WOZ so i'm not expecting the hobbit until 2016...

I tried to put the manufacturers next game with the exception of stern (metallica and star trek) because they churn out the machines...

I can't change the poll now, but I did add hobbit to the poll on my blog

#48 11 years ago

Star Trek...

#49 11 years ago

Money aside I anticipate all of them. What a wonderful few years for our hobby. It is heating up now.

2 weeks later
#50 10 years ago

I'm anticipating all of them: It's great to support the Indy's (sorry all of you Trolls and rgp Zombies)

Magic Girl (missed out on)
Zombie Adventureland
Captain Nemo
Predator
Stern's Whoa Nellie (good chance it will happen)
Pinball Zombies from Beyond the Grave
Ghost Squad
Full Throttle (I'm hoping for an American Distribution)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-game-are-you-most-anticipating and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.