Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by currieddog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Fuses2 (resized).jpg
Fuses-b2 (resized).jpg
Fuses (resized).jpg
Fuses2 (resized).jpg

#1 7 months ago

Which fuse is which? Aces & Kings (Williams 1970). I can only spot 4 but there are supposed to be 5...

Fuses (resized).jpgFuses2 (resized).jpg
#2 7 months ago

The 2 fuses on the left of the second picture are the same fuse. The schematic is just showing 2 wires come off that 1 fuse. 1 wire goes to the tilt relay and the other goes to the coin unit.

#3 7 months ago

The slo-blo is by the bank. It's the 5th.

#4 7 months ago
Quoted from edward472:

The 2 fuses on the left of the second picture are the same fuse. The schematic is just showing 2 wires come off that 1 fuse. 1 wire goes to the tilt relay and the other goes to the coin unit.

Two different fuses for two different circuits. One for backbox lights and one for playfield lights.

To my eye, those wire colors in your photo indicate these are (top to bottom) backbox lamps, playfield lamps, coils, main/line. This matches my WMS EM games.

If you can't ID the wire colors in your game (vs. color codes on schematic at lines on both sides of fuses), you could remove one fuse at a time and see what doesn't work. Although when you remove the coil fuse you will have to manually press the lock relay in briefly in order to see any of the playfield or backbox lighting, as the lighting circuits are normally enabled by this relay coil.

#5 7 months ago

I have been studying the schematics closely (the colors of the wires and where they are going) and believe that the five fuses ar matched according to the images below. Ok?

I didn't have a 1.6A fuse so I put a 2A fuse on position 5. Ok?

Fuse 5 is marked "slow-blow". Fuses 1-4 aren't marked anything. Does this mean that fuses 1-4 are suppoed to be fast?

Fuses-b2 (resized).jpgFuses2 (resized).jpg
#6 7 months ago

Why did you change the slo-blo? It's important to match the fuses to the schematic, so the 2A isn't ok. And to your last question: http://www.learningaboutelectronics.com/Articles/Slow-blow-fuse.php

#7 7 months ago

There was a 10A in that place (position 5) and I changed it to a 2A. I thought it would be better than keeping the 10A. I will try to find a 1.6A but it seems like an unusual value...

Thanks for the link but I couldn't find the answer there. I believe that F1 to F4 are fast (the schematics don't tell but since they don't say "slo-blo" like F5, I assume the fuses have to be fast).

#8 7 months ago
Quoted from nibre:

There was a 10A in that place (position 5) and I changed it to a 2A. I thought it would be better than keeping the 10A. I will try to find a 1.6A but it seems like an unusual value...

Certainly better than the 10A. Slo-blo fuses handle surges. Without one you'll likely be blowing that fuse a lot.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 2.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 2.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 4.95
Apparel - Unisex
ULEKstore
$ 65.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 999.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 89.00
Boards
Pappy's Pinball Palace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 101.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
COINTAKER.COM
$ 149.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside